• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

Looks like she'll be free for "early buyers" in Japan, otherwise 800 yen (about $8 USD)

I think she fits in the cast just fine, Musical reference is there, she looks pretty metal,
I feel like she will end up playing like Rosa in Ougon Cross

Wut
Like, she is fighing you in a WEDDING dress with frilly roses about, how not hardcore is it?

Like, she is fighing you in a WEDDING dress with frilly roses about, how not hardcore is it?

Hardcore as it may be, that it is definitely not metal. Two giant belt-buckles don’t make a Kawaii Anime-Princess metal.

So I guess this $8 character DLC thing really is here to stay, huh?

She's free with first-prints, so it's not like you HAVE to pony up for her right now. $8 for one character still stings, though.

When's Bacon and Jam?

EDIT: BTW, isn't it strange that Xrd has the least amount of new characters out of all the new ArcSys fighters plus half of the old cast is still missing?

When's Bacon and Jam?

EDIT: BTW, isn't it strange that Xrd has the least amount of new characters out of all the new ArcSys fighters plus half of the old cast is still missing?

Well to be fair those ones have pre existing content, Xrd while having a lot of character they could create doesn't have all the models made for them since they aren't the exact sprites used from previous games. Plus I can just they will make some of the old cast dlc and when this game has been on consoles for a while the rest of the characters will be done over time.

Though I am not sure why they made another new character instead of one of the older ones, I guess people would be complaining if there no new character but people are complaining that their favourite characters aren't in yet, so either way it the decisions can't satisfy everyone.

Hardcore as it may be, that it is definitely not metal. Two giant belt-buckles don’t make a Kawaii Anime-Princess metal.
She looks metal to me. What do you think metal looks like? Do you actually listen to it all that much? Or look at it? I mean, from what I can tell a lot of people associate metal with thrash or death metal aesthetics, when there's so much more out there beyond that.

not to mention you've got some super easy references that she can make

Shot Through The Heart
Shoot to Thrill
some more that i can't think of right now

Guys I don’t want this to turn into a "You don’t know Metal Noob"-discussion, I hear Metal all my life and you can very well think that a pink-haired anime girl in a wedding dress with some roses strapped to her butt is metal, I don’t. The whole cast is more metal, including May.

The design is ass to me, and yes I understand the obvious "Guns N' Roses"-joke, but you can achieve that with a much better design too. And posting songs that include guns or shoot and say its about her doesn’t do anything to it.

step your game, Q

My face is made out of metal you fool.

I won't draw any opinions about her until I see gameplay and her voice acting.

I wish she would be voiced by Mai Nakahara

she has a nice voice for pink haired girls

anyway, yeah pretty hype for Elfedlt or however you spell it, probably going to play Ramlethal and May over her though.

After knowing a bit of how she would play I think I definitely interested in playing her since there isn't really a gun fighter in Guilty gear.

After knowing a bit of how she would play I think I definitely interested in playing her since there isn't really a gun fighter in Guilty gear.
Same. She has a very unique playstyle for a fighting game.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Also her voice actress is also the person who voices Mako from Kill la Kill so that is also cool.

Reactions: destruction_adv
whoa guys a new character design got leaked
FFX_Lulu_Art.png

she does have the look for a guilty gear but :/ new characters

so she's probably another valentine/aria-copy, right?

still waiting on dizzy.

whoa guys a new character design got leaked
FFX_Lulu_Art.png

she does have the look for a guilty gear but :/ new characters
I busted out laughing.

The only thing I don't like about her are the "ears" on her shawl. They stand out so much from the outfit, and it is not a good thing when the first and biggest thing that stands out to me when I look at her is not the nice color combination of white and red, or the way that her dress is infused with Ishiwatari's signature metalic and belt infused style, but rather these silly long protuberances on her head.

Anyway... it just struck me that GG has never really had a "girly" character before. I mean, we have May and Jam, but the former is more tomboyish than anything, and Jam strikes me more as ditzy and energetic rather than a frilly Genki girl. If there is something to praise the series for, it is that there really isn't any overlap when it comes to character aesthetics, base concept, and purpose. Granted I'm assuming what she'll be based on appearance and her VA, but it is an interesting detail to note.

Why are they overly detailing the cast though? Like I get it, it's possible and visible but they are going overboard.

She looks interesting, I like the design and in time with the old cast added the game will just keep getting better with every addition both old and new...yeah I got nothin to complain about.

WAIT JUST A DAMN MINUTE! How the hell did me as a lore fanatic not realize this! In the Guilty Gear verse, guns, firearms, and other such weaponry are illegal on the level of biological warfare and nukes, like banned worldwide because of their deadly applications when mixed with magic, whether they be magical in nature or not! This girl is either very ignorant on international laws, is somebody outside the law, or she's got some serious cajones to be lugging those things around with her.

I really hope it isn't a lore slip-up or something like "King Kiske changed da rules". I want this character to be either so audacious or so dim-witted to walk around with one of the most illegal things in the game's world, let alone fight with them, that it is goddamn hilarious!

I really hope it isn't a lore slip-up or something like "King Kiske changed da rules". I want this character to be either so audacious or so dim-witted to walk around with one of the most illegal things in the game's world, let alone fight with them, that it is goddamn hilarious!
Just looking at her expressions without anything else to back it up, its looks like she's gonna be an air-headed sort of characters.

Like Tao in BB.

I'm just making this up as I go along.

Last edited:
just watch her be a gung ho ballbuster or something

that would be great
You do not know how much I'm hoping for that.

I'm thinking she's from Backyard because her headwear is similar to Ramlethal's ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think she looks fine. hell, if we're gonna allow Bridget in the game, why not a loli rose gun toting badass?

you know what? I want her to be pure hearted, but talk tons of shit. like, she'll do good and help the everyone out, but she won't be afraid to call you shit and treat you as such.

I wonder if she'll play like Petra from AH or Anonym from Akatsuki. Doubt she'll be like Noelle from BB or Cerebus from CC.