• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

I think it's more about how her hurtboxes are kind of not there at all.

(c.S (champagne bottle) hitbox too small lololololol)
God fuck that move.

Fuck just standing there and getting the best anti air in the game.

Fuck Pineberry, fuck air bridal express still being +2 even after IB, fuck everything about shotgun stance.

CCfF4pUUkAAHezE.jpg

CCfF49kUEAAL7fz.jpg

CCfF4u2UMAECiRI.jpg

CCfF47tUwAAFFFf.jpg

CCdfrGtVEAAfCd4.jpg:large

The wedding train has no breaks.

Reactions: Mwisk
Elphelt is love! <3_<3

What the fuck, Elphelt?

Should we keep +R out of the lump as well?

There seems to be a thing going on where all the big name modern fighters have some massive flaws. Of course, games of the past had huge flaws as well, but we still cherish them. I dunno how to feel about Xrd. It's a ton of fun and I love it, but at the same time...there's stuff like with Elphelt that makes me question if its really a superb fighter.

Should we keep +R out of the lump as well?
+R is considered an extremely good update that made Kliff and Justice tourney legal iirc. Only thing bad about it is shitty netplay.

There seems to be a thing going on where all the big name modern fighters have some massive flaws. Of course, games of the past had huge flaws as well, but we still cherish them. I dunno how to feel about Xrd. It's a ton of fun and I love it, but at the same time...there's stuff like with Elphelt that makes me question if its really a superb fighter.

IMO Xrd is a poor man's Blazblue which is itself a poor man's Guilty Gear AC lol

I agree with Mike's post a while back. With a few exceptions, most of the new fighters made since SF4 feel like they were made with newbies without a ton of know how.

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
I really dig Xrd, but there was some dumbness about it that was hard to overlook. I could go my entire life without watching another Ram, Elph, or Faust match.

I think some of the upcoming changes look smart though. Hopefully we'll get to see more PRC and see punishes due to bad cancels. At the very least, Bedman looks freaking interesting. I'm hoping for some near full-screen confirms!

I didn't play +R a lot but the one thing that will always bother me about it is Overhead Kiss having a dash on it asjdfhasfkaskfhkfhs

Reactions: Mr Peck
I like the one you can get on steam because you can combo Jam's specials to shit!

+R is the only version of Guilty Gear worth playing (it has Justice)

I thought AC+ had Justice, too?

I wasn't aware. Thought they had her rebalanced for legit play in AC+. My bad.

just give me +R May with Xrd applause , beach ball, and 2H for even dumber dolphin loops

(also launch elphelt into the sun)

Last edited:
I just want Zappa back. +R sword mechanics make it even better than previous versions. I honestly think it's the best ghost he has aside from the obvious damage Raoh brings to the table.

I don't actually hate fighting elphelt that much aside from Pineberry being really dumb and that's getting fixed in 1.1 so things are looking up for Xrd in my book.

Also, posting pictures of elph's disjointed lights stuffing super moves after their invul frames have run out is kind of misleading. You can do that in a lot of fighting games.

that gif of (QV? charged stinger aim?) going through elphelt's head is amazing

Reactions: Ktulu
that gif of (QV? charged stinger aim?) going through elphelt's head is amazing

Makes me wish the game had a hitbox viewer.

Man Skullgirls Training mode sure spoiled me.

There's no excuse at this point. Fighting games need to show hitboxes in training mode and it needs to be standard.

They're probably too embarrassed to show how ridiculous they are. Have you seen those UNIEL hitboxes??

Not showing hitboxes is one thing, but in some cases, people have been issued cease and desist orders simply for showing the hitboxes which is insane (here).

It is only tolerable that they won't give us the hitboxes, but it is crazy that they don't even want them out there.

I get that there is potentially some legal ramification or something... so just give us the fucking hitboxes!!!

Reactions: Wenzel and Muro
what the heck is that from?

early development test screenshots from years back

I really dig Xrd, but there was some dumbness about it that was hard to overlook. I could go my entire life without watching another Ram, Elph, or Faust match.

Please don't talk like Faust WASN'T in other GGs. Faust doing Faust things were ALWAYS a thing.

Reactions: Flotilla
Please don't talk like Faust WASN'T in other GGs. Faust doing Faust things were ALWAYS a thing.

That may be the case. I'm not arguing that he wasn't strong whatever in any other game.

I am saying that there was a period in which everyone was playing one of those three. You couldn't get a decent game otherwise. You'd hop into a lobby, body a Chip who'd then switch to his pocket Elph. You'd go fairly close with a Bedman who'd then whip out his Faust for the rest of your set.

Patch should be out for both JP and US by now, I think. I won't have the game with me for a few weeks so I can't check.