• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

Even ASW isn't that stupid. PS3 will probably just have less graphical quality.

Seriously if ASW can deny a game to US for a year and to EU for 2 years pretty much "for teh lolz", (or at least I didn't find a better reason they could have) then denying a game to a console market isn't really above them.

Wouldn't it make more work to make a new netcode just to ensure PS3 owners can't get access through crossplay?

Wouldn't it make more work to make a new netcode just to ensure PS3 owners can't get access through crossplay?
all they would have to do is make it a seperate game entirely

How did the PS4 version sell compared to the PS3 version?

Yo, you wanna play sometime?
when I get this sure. Probably next paycheck.

Edit: Is there a group or something for this thread for the steam version. I really love GG and having an actual online version will be a first for me so I want to take this opportunity to actually get better.

Zappa/Faust main with a little Baiken on the side. Steam name is the same as my forum name.

Last edited:
I don't see much difference between a true unblockable and something like a 1-3 frame switch block requirement in most situations.
T...that's because they're BOTH broken things that shouldn't exist?

Nah, you just change the online communication ID for the new game, it'd take about 3 minutes (after a week of waiting for Sony to give you a new number). Very easy.

Reactions: Aden
Nah, you just change the online communication ID for the new game, it'd take about 3 minutes (after a week of waiting for Sony to give you a new number). Very easy.
oh okay.

I kinda am on the side of they won't drop PS3 just yet.
there's still enough of a market to justify making another GG for PS3.

and to EU for 2 years pretty much "for teh lolz", (or at least I didn't find a better reason they could have)
I think it's pretty much SCEE being unreasonable the same way they are to Skullgirls.

oh boy... I'm going to regret jumping back into GG...

sigh... Mike, is there any stuff or tech you can show me of Potemkin? please help me, you're my only hope...

I think it's pretty much SCEE being unreasonable the same way they are to Skullgirls.
They're not unreasonable, just very slow and very VERY disorganized. (And moderately unhelpful, too. Sorry SCEE, it's the truth.)

oh boy... I'm going to regret jumping back into GG...
sigh... Mike, is there any stuff or tech you can show me of Potemkin? please help me, you're my only hope...
I'd help you, but I honestly don't believe it when you say you'll do...anything, really, anymore.

Mike Z doesn't trust anyone after the Sandwich Tragedy of '89.
He can't afford to trust anyone after that.

a sandwich can do a ton of damage.
have you seen what a Russian can do with one?

@Ninja dustloop forums and wiki are still around.

Also, Sign graphics compared to Revelator graphics. Much better lighting now.

CM9poDpWoAQnxu_.png

CM9pn1GXAAAMbx7.png

CM9pnnDWsAALigq.png

CM9pl2XWgAAxNCc.png
Hope they fixed the box on greed sever.

Shit should not be an anti-air as well.

Hope they fixed the box on greed sever.

Shit should not be an anti-air as well.

They're not making any changes to Sign characters (with the exception of a few minor ones). Greed Sever will stay the same in Revelator.

They're not making any changes to Sign characters
This really bothers me, some of those characters really need some work, especially a certain characters who lost the vacuum effect on his 2S and ability to set up off of Heat Knuckle.

Reactions: Ktulu
This really bothers me, some of those characters really need some work, especially a certain characters who lost the vacuum effect on his 2S and ability to set up off of Heat Knuckle.

We'll have to hope that balance changes will be made for the next update after Revelator. I like the idea of not having to relearn characters for a new version, but on the other hand a couple characters could definitely use a some changes.

with the exception of a few minor ones

Go on...

I think Xrd suffers from a top tier that could use a few tweaks. Outside of Zato and Faust, I wouldn't be comfortable picking just exactly who that top tier is though. I have a strong bias against Elph, so I can't be trusted to speak about her fairly :P

There are some non minor changes.

For example Bedman's combo routes have all been changed due to reduced untechable time on air Task B

@Spencer From the first Revelator loketest. Note that maybe none of this will stay.

Ram

• They changed something about Ram's sword setup.
  • j.8D looks the same.

Leo

• Damage output nerfs.

Bedman

• Air Task B has less untech time apparently.

Elphelt

• Low airdash j.P > j.HS doesn't work.
  • Less defense rate (maybe).
  • Elphelt received nerfs on her normals (Waiting on specifics).

Potemkin

• Can do 6K loop combo from dust mid-screen.

Slayer

• Counter Hit Burst Deat on time has wallstick? Needs confirmation.

Ky

• He can now get a knock down and even place a split ciel from midscreen dust.

Reactions: Spencer
Outside of Zato and Faust, I wouldn't be comfortable picking just exactly who that top tier is though. I have a strong bias against Elph, so I can't be trusted to speak about her fairly :P
Millia, Elphelt, Sol, from what I hear. Elphelt in theory moreso than in practice.

Reactions: Spencer
You can vote for the next character. So yeah Bridget confirmed. Kind of.

All I have to say that the last time ARC polled the fan-favourite characters, Dizzy was the highest placed GG character (or at least female character).

Is this like an official poll to get characters in, or just a character popularity thing?

Tbh I don't know if we really need Bridgett atm. I'd rather see some other playstyles we need. atm we have a lot of offensive characters who, while playing differently, they honestly have a lot of similar characteristics. I'd rather see some more zoners or another grappler or a more unique char like ABA or Testament back first.

You play in Japanese arcades and vote for who you want. You can vote more than once too.

I just want A.B.A or Dizzy, and I'll be happy. I'd really not like Bridget- on top of the fact that I really dislike her design, I don't find her very interesting.

A.B.A please. If we're being honest it should and probably will be Dizzy.
If I'm being honest I really would like to see what they could do with Zappa's animations in Revelator. They could make some beautiful stuff with the material he's got. I still think A.B.A because she's best girl, but I really think Zappa's got some nice potential to him.

I think the knew Bridget would win outright if it was a vote online and that's why they're doing it in arcades, but I still think Bridget has already won. He's too popular.

I actually have the results of that poll right over here. The sample size may be different because of the whole "must go to arcades to vote" thing (which is incredibly, incredibly stupid I might add), but the most popular characters that aren't in already are Bridget, Dizzy, and Baiken.

please be baiken i miss her

erm.. Isn't Bridget a dude?
Oops, I always forget...

Tbh I don't know if we really need Bridgett atm. I'd rather see some other playstyles we need. atm we have a lot of offensive characters who, while playing differently, they honestly have a lot of similar characteristics. I'd rather see some more zoners or another grappler or a more unique char like ABA or Testament back first.
Bridget is a runaway character, not an offensive one. I agree that more zoners would be nice, but the only grappler I can think of from AC+R who isn't already in Xrd is Non-Garbage Potemkin.

Ruu about to blow up Japanese arcades voting for Bridget.

Ugh Bridget... Her gameplay is fun only for the Bridget player.

My shortlist is A.B.A and Dizzy with Testament a distant, distant third.

Who thought it was a good idea to give Jack-O an extremely annoying squeaky voice like May.

Who thought it was a good idea to give Jack-O an extremely annoying squeaky voice like May.
Oh, I never noticed that... Let's hope it doesn't carry over to her English voice actor, I really don't want to dislike her. She seems like a lot of fun so far.