• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

Any idea what the bit about Potemkin's "Homing Dash added" is about?

I'm guessing he didn't have one?

Homing dash is when you push forward after a dust attack. It usually lets you dash forward so you can do some wall bounce combos in the corner.

I'm guessing Pot didn't have one since he doesn't have a dash in game. Bedman's dash (and thus his homing dash) isn't cancelable since it is a parry rather than real dash, so they gave him a homing dash option too by letting you cancel it.

List of changes in English: http://shoryuken.com/2015/02/04/upc...-arcade-changes-detailed-by-arc-system-works/

Side note: I don't see Blitz Shield change staying as is. Doesn't it destroy Venom, Millia, and Zato?
"Destroy" is a strong word, it would surely help characters either get in or reject things, but Blitz Shield isn't instant, so Milia will still be Milia, if you have the balls to play chicken with Venom where he is severely at an advantage, be my guest.

Remember BS takes 25 meter and even if I reject a pool ball from full screen, I'm not getting a punish, hell, not even at half screen.

Reactions: Ktulu
I REALLLLY don't like the blitz shield change even though it could potentially beat Zato's unblockables.

Good bye VCL oki, goodbye note oki, good bye note in general.

It seems a bit odd anyway, why would someone be staggered if you parry a fireball?

It seems a bit odd anyway, why would someone be staggered if you parry a fireball?
I think it'd be considered parrying the motion that creates the projectile, not the projectile itself.

Reactions: Spencer and Ktulu
RIP safejump oki that gave me time to confirm DP or not and immediately go into a 50/50 while also beating throws.

Pretty big nerf to I-No, but a pretty big nerf to other characters too.

RIP top tier Ram

RIP top tier Ram

Good fucking riddance.

I don't think the nerfs are as bad as people say, and I really don't know what most of the QQ is about. She's got insane corner damage (like 200 meterless), dope neutral, top tier abarre, amazing oki in a game that strongly favors set play, and probably the best super in the game. We all knew she was taking nerfs.

She was so reliable that she didn't even have to rely on YRC, so most of her meter went toward extra damage. Where is she going to be if these changes go through? Still fine, only now she might actually have to rely on some of the actual game mechanics to do things like top tier damage or phenomenally safe neutral.

Yeah, she needed to be nerfed. I'm just a little sad my main isn't top tier anymore ;_;
At least my pocket Ky got some buffs :D

Reactions: Dragonage2ftw
Other Bedman changes:

• fS, longer cancellable time
  • 2S>2D link added
  • JS>JP link added
  • TaskB, longer untechable time, easier to hit opponent
  • dejavu, some glitch fix which is not important (I image this is the glitch that caused symbols to remain for the rest of the round if you did a super right when they disappeared).
  • TaskC, hitstop added to dejavu version, triggers stagger
  • clock super, wall-stick on hit, longer untechable time, blows farther

Thanks to https://twitter.com/hc0519. You should be following him for all the changes.

Got your point across, eh?

Hey Ktulu could we not quadruple post the same thing. please and thankyou(I'm guessing you did it on accident)

Anyway the changes are welcoming and I'm glad some characters like Ram, Zato, and Elphelt got some nerfs because it definitely makes certain match ups easier to deal with.

Sorry. Forums are choking hardcore for me.

Also, shoutouts to Ogawa crying about Zato nerfs and asking Zato players to complain to Arc to rebuff him.

Last edited:
HS-HD and Applause buffs make way for more IRUKA-SAAAAAN

I haven't been on Xrd lately. What kinda changes happened to Sin? How low-tier is Sin, anyways? XD

I'm not sure where Sin stands as far as tier goes. I think people put him pretty comfortably mid-tier. Really, imo GG is exceptionally balanced and low tier is still solid. My only real gripe is it has a true S tier which is heads and shoulders above the other tiers. Really, I'd say the balance gap from even A to S is bigger than from C to A.

Anyway, Sin changes (from Shoryuken... not sure what he got as far as "invisible changes" currently being translated by Ho-Chan):

6+P:
Now jump cancellable
Recovery increased from 15F to 18F.

Hawk Baker:
Floats the opponent even when hitting from afar.
Far hit untechable timing now the same as close hit.
Far hit knock back distance decreased.

Elk Hunt
Active time increased from 5F to 6F.
Recovery reduced from 12F to 11F.
Hitbox and hurtbox during attack start-up expanded.
Initial hit damage proration 90 added.
Now floats the opponent higher on hit.

Beak Driver
Landing recovery removed.

R·T·L
Fixed bug that caused Sin to remain in place when repeating the follow-up inputs quickly.

So it looks like he just got a bunch of simple buffs. I can live with this :D

The game has an S tier? Geeze. There are a ton of characters I never see getting played, like I see the occasional, rare Bedman/Venom/May, but I run into tons of Millias, Sols, and Chipps. Like, freaking constantly

So it looks like he just got a bunch of simple buffs. I can live with this :D

The game has an S tier? Geeze. There are a ton of characters I never see getting played, like I see the occasional, rare Bedman/Venom/May, but I run into tons of Millias, Sols, and Chipps. Like, freaking constantly
The Hawk Baker change is massive if it is at it reads.

If you can sweet spot it from any distance you should be able to get guaranteed combos off it much easier and Sin's high damage should be way more consistent.

Good fucking riddance.

I don't think the nerfs are as bad as people say, and I really don't know what most of the QQ is about. She's got insane corner damage (like 200 meterless), dope neutral, top tier abarre, amazing oki in a game that strongly favors set play, and probably the best super in the game. We all knew she was taking nerfs.

She was so reliable that she didn't even have to rely on YRC, so most of her meter went toward extra damage. Where is she going to be if these changes go through? Still fine, only now she might actually have to rely on some of the actual game mechanics to do things like top tier damage or phenomenally safe neutral.
The thing is if Ram didn't do meterless damage she basically wouldn't do damage. She doesn't gain meter well, and with the changes to her J.D I think that might be even more of a problem.

200 meterless damage is excessive, and even if she had shitty damage she'd be in good company. Bedman for example has a hard time breaking 100 without very specific situations. 150 with RRC on his punish.

237 corner damage with 2.5 bars of meter isn't half bad...

Ultimately, the damage isn't the entire story. The problem is that she literally excels at every portion of the game except defense which is admittedly not that great... but do you really need great defense when you have to navigate a sword maze and contend with some of the best air moves in the game (jK if by land, jP if by air) just to hit her?

I agree that Faust needs more nerfs, and that I-No buffs are probably no good.

I think he is dead wrong about Eddie, and I think the verdict is still in on Ram. They are both dumb characters with steep learning curves, and so the people who stick them out are only going to get better at them.

I'd say wait it out on Ram. Her current game play style is gone, but she has the tools and flexibility to adapt to a new one. I'm 90% sure that she'll get some of these nerfs reverted, but I'd like to see it rock for a while because right now her current style is boring to watch, boring to play against, and incredibly strong.

I'm incredibly cool with her being a high damage character (with good abarre and all). I am not cool with her being a high damage character with amazing set play, a counter-zone that rivals dedicated zoners, and no real reliance on meter.

Rejecting people's mashed wakeups in this game is mad fun. Good to know that the YRC OS is getting rid of.

Reactions: Spencer and agent13
LOVING the leo and ram and pineberry changes :)

LOVING the leo and ram and pineberry changes :)
I saw those Leo buffs and that basically made my day. Although, now I'm just waiting for the nerf bat to whack him a few times.

Anyone playing the game, especially w.coast NA this weekend?
I've managed to play a set w/ a person at GFaqs, and another at Dustloop in Xrd, but figured I'd try here as well. Playing random people can be cool, but it's good trying to reach people from a gaming forum as well.

You can look me up. My timing is hit or miss though.

I'm Rocky Mnt region.

You can look me up. My timing is hit or miss though.

I'm Rocky Mnt region.
Thanks, I'll try on Sat. I'm still beg/low interm. Been using Faust, Leo & Venom. But might replace one or two of them w/Slayer and/or Pote.

Reactions: Spencer
PSN sale has Xrd for $20 on PS3 and $24 on PS4. If you haven't picked it up yet then this is a good weekend to do it. (I'm looking at you, lurkers. I know you're there.) Other Arc fighters are also on sale.

Also, here's the second set of loketest changes. Some buffs and nerfs from the previous loketest were reverted. Hidden changes will probably show up in the next day or two.
http://shoryuken.com/2015/02/13/arc...-gear-xrd-sign-update-set-to-launch-in-march/

It looks like they are really trying to tone down the crazy good abarre damage that the top tier get in this game.

In any case, I think this is a solid set of buff/nerfs.

Also, I'm hoping Bedman nerfs imply better routes!

I'm sad Hemi Jack's buffs got removed. I want that to be a legitimate tool.

It all looks fair and some good tweaks to some of the more mid-tier characters. Hopefully a lot of these changes stay. My Sin didn't really get much aside from the previous update, which has made comboing off of one of his key moves astronomically easier and more fluid!

I'm sad Hemi Jack's buffs got removed. I want that to be a legitimate tool.
naw they did? That is the greatest super in the game, one of the greatest in fighting game history.

Kinda sucks it was reverted, but it isn't exactly useless, just hard to use well at top levels for the reward it gives.

Reactions: Spencer
Yeah, someone on Dustloop mentioned they must be horrified by it which doesn't seem unreasonable since it could quickly go from useless to broken as hell.