• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

Any faust players around here? I want to know if 236S - Going my way is a good combo ender because i find myself defaulting to that ender more often than an air combo (non-launcher jump cancels are difficult to get used to. DAMN YOU SKULLGIRLS)

Great character.

Great character.

Sol has loops as well as Elphelt. I see no issue with her having one.

Sol has loops as well as Elphelt. I see no issue with her having one.
There isn't I think everyone has decided Jack-O sucks and its now fun to rip on her (Elphelt had this role last game and next game will probably have a character who takes this role from Jack-O). *shrug*

My problem with loops like this is that I don't find them enjoyable. I was very excited for Jack-O, but I feel like they did a few things with her they shouldn't have. I'm still planning on making her my new main (even over Dizzy if they make her playable), but I don't think she's going to be as fun to play as she could have been.
All the hate she's getting is a bit justified IMO
Her voice is still terrible though.

I'm probably gonna pick up Jack-O cause I like her appearance and apparent personality. She looks fun and interesting. Part of why I tried to pick up Elphelt in Xrd, before I realized I didn't like her playstyle much and ended up with Sin, who's pretty similar in the reasons I picked him XD

My problem with loops like this is that I don't find them enjoyable. I was very excited for Jack-O, but I feel like they did a few things with her they shouldn't have. I'm still planning on making her my new main (even over Dizzy if they make her playable), but I don't think she's going to be as fun to play as she could have been.
All the hate she's getting is a bit justified IMO
Her voice is still terrible though.
What exactly did they do that they shouldn't have?

Rider kick!
Hey, won't you believe in her?
That even if That Man and Sol Badguy don't exist,
there is still Kamen Jack-O.
Won't you believe in her?

Reactions: Wenzel

So whens jam footage?

They'll have a loketest for her later. I don't think a date was given.

Reactions: Aden
Johnny sounds way too old IMO.
I kinda prefer the Liam O'Brien voice better.

Johnny sounds way too old IMO.
I kinda prefer the Liam O'Brien voice better.
Are we talking English or Japanese VA? I'll understand if you're talking about the latter because Norio Wakamoto is turning 70 this year.

Are we talking English or Japanese VA? I'll understand if you're talking about the latter because Norio Wakamoto is turning 70 this year.
God damn why is everyone in japan old as fuck? Wakamoto is gonna die in the next 7 months I bet.

God damn why is everyone in japan old as fuck? Wakamoto is gonna die in the next 7 months I bet.
nah, he's fine, man. He'll have his passing in the next decade or so. Besides, we have a successor for him: Daisuke Kishio.

Nah, Wakamoto sounds great.

Video
Revelator better be on PS3 since I doubt ASW will ever use the LZ driver.

We already lost Zato and Slayer, Wakamoto needs to live.

Sounds too much like M.Bison to me now. :P Before there was a bit of a difference between the voices.

What exactly did they do that they shouldn't have?
Most importantly to me I don't like her animations. I find it difficult to enjoy a character if they don't have animations that I like, seeing as how I'll be using them a lot (my only problem keeping me from really getting into Sin).

I suppose I'm more disappointed because I wasn't sure what I was expecting? They said she would have a lot of RTS elements, so I was excited, but I'm not happy with the way she seems to play. I've not gotten my hands on her yet to see for myself, but from a distance she just looks kind of boring to play.

Most importantly to me I don't like her animations. I find it difficult to enjoy a character if they don't have animations that I like, seeing as how I'll be using them a lot (my only problem keeping me from really getting into Sin).

I suppose I'm more disappointed because I wasn't sure what I was expecting? They said she would have a lot of RTS elements, so I was excited, but I'm not happy with the way she seems to play. I've not gotten my hands on her yet to see for myself, but from a distance she just looks kind of boring to play.
I've had the reverse actually I saw her unveiling and RTS mechanics and went okay boring back to Johnny and then the more I saw of her animations and gameplay style and I fell in love with her over Sin who is my current main so I guess I just like opposite things you do.

Any faust players around here? I want to know if 236S - Going my way is a good combo ender because i find myself defaulting to that ender more often than an air combo (non-launcher jump cancels are difficult to get used to. DAMN YOU SKULLGIRLS)
Hey, an Xrd gameplay post- almost got lost in the shuffle. I play Faust. Yes, that's a good ender. Dustloop has a whole bunch of combos:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/9846-xrd-faust-combo-thread/

One good way to get an air combo once in a while is 2K, HS, D, air combo. Take care!

Hmm, maybe new Elphelt isn't so bad. Outfit aside, she looks to be the same as before.

GOING MY WAY??!?!!
Appreciate the reply. I knew Jack-o's butt wasn't THAT big enough to overshadow the thread!

Honestly i'm kinda glad most of the basic combos still worked in #Reload so i can actually practice button timings before i get on the PS4 again. Other than being a fun-looking character overall, I chose Faust as my main main because of his large zoning normals, and i think that'll help me learn how to play my Skullgirls team better (Squigly who has subpar neutral and thus requires better understnding of neutral, and Eliza whose normals are good but still require good neutral experience to use well)

though now that i think about it, even though Faust could teach me fundamentals of spacing, I might get too used to his good normals

Hmm, maybe new Elphelt isn't so bad. Outfit aside, she looks to be the same as before.
Is it just me or did her boobs look bigger?

Boob window is just larger and she's lacking a bra mang.

Boob window is just larger and she's lacking a bra mang.
There are no bras in anime. We've known this for years now. Any piece of material seen in anime that contradicts is clearly a piece of fabric being repurposed into some akin to a bra.

There are no bras in anime. We've known this for years now. Any piece of material seen in anime that contradicts is clearly a piece of fabric being repurposed into some akin to a bra.
But there's ...

How about ....

OH WHAT ABOUT...wait...

Uhh...that one time in kill la kill?

Characters on the ballot for Revelator:
  • A.B.A. (Guilty Gear Isuka)
  • Izuna (Guilty Gear 2)
  • Valentine (Guilty Gear 2)
  • Kliff Undersn (Guilty Gear)
  • Zappa (Guilty Gear X2)
  • Justice (Guilty Gear)
  • Holy Order Sol (Guilty Gear XX Slash)
  • Dizzy (Guilty Gear X)
  • Testament (Guilty Gear)
  • Dr. Paradigm (Guilty Gear 2)
  • Baiken (Guilty Gear)
  • Fanny (Guilty Gear Petit)
  • Bridget (Guilty Gear X2)
  • Anji Mito (Guilty Gear X)
  • Raven (Guilty Gear 2)
  • Robo-Ky (Guilty Gear X2 #Reload)

I'm gonna be the very small minority that wants Izuna. Although it's a pipe dream, sadly.

Character polls are just a chance for my poor heart to break.

RIP Ileum