• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

Dizzy being on there kind of drives me nuts. She should be included anyway. She was in the story.

But I'll check my privilege.

Hopefully one of the more unique GG characters win the poll for the sake of greater roster diversity.

Also I doubt it will be a predicted match-up toss-up of Bridget or Dizzy. At least not so easily since this isn't just a simple vote poll like past polls before. You have to go to the arcades and have decent enough skill to clear arcade mode I think [use the currency] to submit votes. Honestly it's more about which character's fanbase has the most fanatics that has the most time/money to burn then simple popularity.

Thank goodness ASW was smart enough to make it this way. I still think there a really good chance of it being Bridget or Dizzy, but the other characters have a chance with this voting system. Even ASW knew it would be a waste of time if they did a regular vote on their website or something.

....or you know a great way to push on their arcade sales front by attaching a voting system.

Reactions: Wenzel
I didn't even think of that. Good shit ASW.

i wish we could vote multiple chars and have rounds like skullgirls' IGG campaign. and i wish we'd be able to vote at all over here

I'd vote for Testament, Zappa, and/or Robo (Dizzy's gameplay goes over my head and Bridget makes absolutely no sense to me, ESPECIALLY his goddamn idle pose)

People keep asking for Testament?

I think people forgot what it's like to play against a good Testament.

I think you forgot this is a different game.

I dunno. everyone is saying how much better Zappa would be with Xrd mechanics (mainly YRCs), and while i haven't had as much time with Xrd as i'd like, YRCs might help Testament a bit too. then again if you could parry his traps...

Tons of people were saying Mist Finer and coins would be broken with YRC, as far as I know this isn't the case (which isn't an entirely fair assessment since we're just out of location tests) and we even have air Mist Finer now. Really missing Ensenga though.

Johnny seems to be super solid right now. Maybe top tier.

I'm pretty sure I've asked this already recently, but how's Jack-O tier-wise right now?

Johnny seems to be super solid right now
He certainly does seem solid, but from what I've seen so far he doesn't look broken.

Then again, you've gone through more stuff than I have so you'd be the one to know. I'll take top tier Johnny any day though.

It's hard to say where Jack-O' is right now. She's definitely not weak, but I'm not sure she's amazing. She has some good moves and she gets crazy at level 3, but I'm not sure what the rest of the cast has to stop her from getting there. Will have to see how the matchups develop. I did hear that Axl gives her a hard time, though. His range is a problem for her and makes it so she has to get a knockdown to set up.

It's hard to say where Jack-O' is right now. She's definitely not weak, but I'm not sure she's amazing. She has some good moves and she gets crazy at level 3, but I'm not sure what the rest of the cast has to stop her from getting there. Will have to see how the matchups develop. I did hear that Axl gives her a hard time, though. His range is a problem for her and makes it so she has to get a knockdown to set up.
Her being that strength is probably a good thing since she isn't day one Ram or El and therefore is less likely to get nerfed into the ground and becoming useless

Her being that strength is probably a good thing since she isn't day one Ram or El and therefore is less likely to get nerfed into the ground and becoming useless

I recall Daisuke saying at EVO that they were having trouble balancing Ram and Jack-O'.

I recall Daisuke saying at EVO that they were having trouble balancing Ram and Jack-O'.
I assume your talking about this in which case I was under the impression "other character" was someone not revealed yet (who I now assume is Jam?) or did he go back and clarify that the other character mentioned was Ram?

I remember there being a tweet that said he specifically mentioned Jack-O' and Ram. Not sure who it was from, at this point.

Who's a pad player here and what config do you use for the buttons? I fisugred HS would be used more often then D so i mapped H to R2 and D to R1. tried D to circle but i kept hitting it on accident leading to bursts... if i mess up Faust's Drill cancel, though, it'll give me Blitz shield which would not be good in a lot of cases. Maybe S to R2 instead?.. what do you guys use?

P - square
K - x
S - triangle
H - R1
D - circle

And I have a FD macro set to R2

Man I hope Zappa makes it in. Dem animations, you know you want to see it.

Reactions: Wenzel
I do love Zappa. Arguably almost as much as A.B.A. I never meshed with his gameplay though... maybe this time things will be different!

People are showing support for Order Sol, more specifically Ogawa and Kazunoko. It would be interesting to have him back. I think this vote is the only chance he has of getting in any time soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets in too since this is not a pure popularity poll, but whoever has the most dedicated fans that has enough time/money to invest.

Even if it was this one is without the actual Sol [he is already in the game] so I wouldn't be surprised if Sol fans [Sol was always popular] simply migrate and vote for another Sol since it's literally the closest thing to the actual Sol from face value.

Who's a pad player here and what config do you use for the buttons? I fisugred HS would be used more often then D so i mapped H to R2 and D to R1. tried D to circle but i kept hitting it on accident leading to bursts... if i mess up Faust's Drill cancel, though, it'll give me Blitz shield which would not be good in a lot of cases. Maybe S to R2 instead?.. what do you guys use?
I use a gamepad. And I use:

P for Square,
K for X,
S for Triangle,
HS for Circle,
and D for R1.

Are there any stats for how many people played each character in +R?

I would be salty bout that.

The struggle of trying to get Secret Garden to work properly.

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201509080030/

COYoGeXUsAQSEb0.png

Last edited:
Jam can charge card input. Wonder what that does.

aw man, she doesn't have the dust charge input.
That was a Force Break and those are universally taken out. Sorry.

That was a Force Break and those are universally taken out. Sorry.
the thing is that I liked to play Jam while using my meter for utility rather than finishers.
and considering she's a rushdown, she gets a lot of meter built because of how you play her.

Apparently some loketests for the next version of REVELATOR have begun. New additions include MOM mode and Jam.

Apparently she now uses all cards for a move upon use of said move, with variable power based upon how many cards she has at that time. Each charged Asanagi gives her a MAX card that's equal to three regular cards.

Last edited: