• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

here's hoping Revelator will at least be some sort of upgrade/add-on like SF4 did

and also hope that the community doesn't die like, immediately

I don´t think so, PC FG Community its a live and GG its one of the current strongest comp. FG today.

+R netcode is borderline unplayable outside of a certain distance and I still find matches on PC, I imagine Xrd will probably do better with better netcode and being more beginner friendly.

I will be shocked if we see Revelator as an upgrade though, Arcsys aren't that consumer friendly these past few years.

I doubt we'll see it on PC soon either, but that's more likely than it being an upgrade, and I'd be glad to be wrong in either case. I do want to try Rev since Johnny and Jam are back, but I really doubt it will take me off +R.

Theres not yet jack booty...Anyway, this game coming from nowhere is a pleasant suprise.

Quickmatch/lobby. I'm not saying it's the most common thing in the world, but I usually don't have too wait long when I do try. Which isn't that often admittedly, this is clearly completely anecdotal, just saying there are definitely people who play.

@Mike_Z You mentioned to me at CB last year that +R and BB netcodes reduce the startup of moves by the length of the input delay. I've mentioned it a couple times when ArcSys netcode discussions pop up, but I get a big "[citation needed]" scream in my head when I do.

Do you have a source that can be linked to for that netcode fact?

Oo my friend just told me about it coming to PC. I hope I can find someone I like. Which characters is the PC version not going to have? All the Revelators?

It's -Sign-, you'll be lucky if they throw in Elphelt and Leo.

It's -Sign-, you'll be lucky if they throw in Elphelt and Leo.

Actually, the PC version gives everyone all DLC for free for the first month AND a 20% launch discount.

BTW, not sure why people are complaining that this isn't Revelator... Revelator isn't even out on Japanese consoles yet, and won't be for at least 4 more months. Did people really expect Revelator to release on PC before console?

Actually, the PC version gives everyone all DLC for free for the first month AND a 20% launch discount.

BTW, not sure why people are complaining that this isn't Revelator... Revelator isn't even out on Japanese consoles yet, and won't be for at least 4 more months. Did people really expect Revelator to release on PC before console?
People just want their Dizzy and their Jam. You know? They want the girls back.

That's great, I'm surprised.

BTW, not sure why people are complaining that this isn't Revelator
I didn't, I'm not sure why you think that I'm complaining that a game that isn't out anywhere except arcades didn't get a PC release months ahead of the Japanese console release?

The complaint that could be made here in that direction would be that since they're announcing a ton of games at once that will be released over the next year, many of which will be post Revelator's release, instead of announcing Revelator in 10 months or whatever they announced Sign now. This isn't a jump from game to game like Accent Core to Xrd, Revelator actually doesn't even change very much for the old characters, it's a direct upgrade, and I think that people would rather have the upgraded version later than the lesser version now.

Am I saying that? Eh, yeah, I'd rather it be the other way, but I don't really care.

People just want their Dizzy and their Jam. You know? They want the girls back.
Don't forget Johnny and Jack'o. Gotta account for all of the sexy J's (yes i know Dizzy isn't a J, shut up)

This is Arc Sys. I highly doubt they will offer an upgrade for your vanilla. People are gonna have to buy another game again like what they did with Blazblue and Persona. It's not even an Arc Sys thing either since a bunch of other Japanese fighters follow this formula too since they figured more people will buy a repackaged enhanced game then just dlc which is a business practice that isn't reserved to just fighters.

That said this is coming to PC earlier then I though so even if people are barely getting into Xrd now via PC they might get a few more months out of it before Japanese console release date hits for Rev.

I'll probably still buy Xrd Sign on steam right away

once I wait a day or so to see if the port is good to go

And suddenly the release was pushed back to tomorrow.

probably had a good reason. No one likes buggy launch days

And suddenly the release was pushed back to tomorrow.
Uh, why does it say I can buy it right now then?

arcsys just fucked up but everything's good now.

Uh, why does it say I can buy it right now then?
I swear it said "available Dec 10" when i posted that

Port is super good.
Netcode seems clean from what I played.
Also, Xrd Potemkin is actually fun. Maybe I shouldn't have listened to all the bitching I heard from a certain someone and tried it myself first.

Maybe I shouldn't have listened to all the bitching I heard from a certain someone and tried it myself first.
Is dismissing legitimate problems because you had fun with the couple hours you've spent with the game so far really much better? I think it's just as silly to tale something as complex as a fighting game character and assume it's fine because you like it and that any problems stated with the character's balance and functionality are meaningless because it didn't effect you in this small amount of time. Or, if the problems aren't legitimate, why did you assume they were?

I'm not trying to insult you, I just don't understand the logic here.

Ok so i'm finally able to get a little mor time with May (in xrd) and even though i've been playing only against bots (not even sure if they're Easy or Normal), i'm having TONS of fun with her. like, ungodly amounts of it. I feel like she's easy to pick up becaue of her straightforward oki plan, delicious air game (*cough* jH), and fun/challenging combos to execute. Though I'm not ready for some of these crazy corner combos or even 2D xx [4]6S xx RC conversions (I'm usually too low after the RC and just land)

Anyway. am i safe to assume May can make up for Faust's inherent weaknesses while not completely abandoning the mid/long range game I'm used to? Axl seems too similar to Faust so i think May might be a better secondary.

also is P Ball oki better or Applause?
The really great thing about May is that she's a fluid character in this game.
I feel she's one of the few characters who is outright improved on her old design, along with Sol and maybe Venom/Chipp.

Want to play her like a brute? Go for it. Want to be Ruu and play her full screen? Go for it. Want to be setup oriented? Go for it.

P ball, K ball, and ALL the applauses have their uses.

ALL of her options lead back into the same situation, she IS a vortex character in this game.

Sweep>Dolphin, Overhead into knockdown into ball into low into microdash into air combo for knockdown, into ball yrc crossup into air combo into dead.

I have played May for a serious bit of time, but never have I felt so satisfied. She's just so complete.

The only thing that comes this close to the satisfaction of having 10 different ways to put someone in the dirt is the FB blowback bnb she got in +r.

No scratch that, corner Hoop pressure is too good, THE fastest overhead/low mixup into THE SAME SITUATION in the game? Check.

Though the more you play people who actually play the game you'll see the effort her air footsies takes. All of her beefier jump ins are so slow they'll get blitz/close slash/2hs'ed by about 95% of the cast. I don't recommend flying in with j.h. You're better off with j.k, has a great amount of hitstun, startups up well, and the box twists itself so May has a less likely chance of getting air thrown.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dime and Adwins
The only thing that comes this close to the satisfaction of having 10 different ways to put someone in the dirt is the FB blowback bnb she got in +r.
I can't even do this bnb :<

fine. I've gotten over my first day "bad feeling" that I usually get when ever something cool hits the video game market.

I can't even do this bnb :<
In my head I treat it as "double dashing".

I tried doing the 6+66 as different motions in my head and always miss the timing.

Just smash the stick forward 4 times in a row and it'll make more sense.

Alternatively, the timing for the forward after Dolphin is about the same as HOS' action charge FRC so if you're familiar with that it might make more sense to you now.

is there a way to make the guide not switch to the keyboard bindings every now and then, I only use pad but those inputs keep showing up and screwing with me in trial mode

You can change the display inputs to PKSHD which is what I did. menus still look weird but for trial mode they should always stay like that.

Reactions: Arcana
on my PS3 stick the menu buttons are pretty funky
XABY is Circle/Square/X/Triangle

so, the online play is region locked god damnit. if you're Canadian, the game is pretty much unplayable just like SF4, you'll barely find any matches.

so, the online play is region locked god damnit. if you're Canadian, the game is pretty much unplayable just like SF4, you'll barely find any matches.
What?! Seriously? Goddammit ArcSys.

Has anyone tried just using UE3 console commands to connect games (open <IP Address>, IIRC)

ouch... that is kind of a deal breaker, isn't it

I saw some games up yesterday, but I didn't have time to look too closely at netcode/netplay restrictions (appropriately enough, since I left to go to a locals to play GG at).

At least in my case there is a local scene, so not all hope is lost, but fucking hell, short of a hidden menu option or console command.

EDIT: After looking around on Steam discussion boards, it seems that the issue is limited to ranked and player match searching, and lobby invitations will bypass it. People are talking about it being related to the download region in Steam's settings, but I'm finding conflicting reports on that front.

Last edited:
The really great thing about May is that she's a fluid character in this game.
I feel she's one of the few characters who is outright improved on her old design, along with Sol and maybe Venom/Chipp.

Want to play her like a brute? Go for it. Want to be Ruu and play her full screen? Go for it. Want to be setup oriented? Go for it.

P ball, K ball, and ALL the applauses have their uses.

ALL of her options lead back into the same situation, she IS a vortex character in this game.

Sweep>Dolphin, Overhead into knockdown into ball into low into microdash into air combo for knockdown, into ball yrc crossup into air combo into dead.

I have played May for a serious bit of time, but never have I felt so satisfied. She's just so complete.

No scratch that, corner Hoop pressure is too good, THE fastest overhead/low mixup into THE SAME SITUATION in the game? Check.

Though the more you play people who actually play the game you'll see the effort her air footsies takes. All of her beefier jump ins are so slow they'll get blitz/close slash/2hs'ed by about 95% of the cast. I don't recommend flying in with j.h. You're better off with j.k, has a great amount of hitstun, startups up well, and the box twists itself so May has a less likely chance of getting air thrown.

Is is good info.

You wouldn't happen to have a "may for dummies" guide or know of one would you? The dustloop forums are clogged. I want to pick up May to second for Leo. Leo is terribly easy and I need a character that I can theory fight with, but having a solid gameplan to start out with is preferable.

Does anyone have a keyboard button setup using arrow keys? I prefer having movement on my dominant right hand.

Does anyone have a keyboard button setup using arrow keys? I prefer having movement on my dominant right hand.
Arrow keys should work fine in UE3, so I guess the choice is between having punch through dust go thumb to pinky on your left hand, or vice versa. I would recommend punch on thumb and dust on pinky, since punch is used more often.

Either way, just rest the left hand on the keyboard where it is comfortable, then assign away. I'm noticing <space>/F/E/W/A and V/R/E/W/A (QWERTY keyboard layout) seem to be natural enough.

Reactions: Kyugetsuki