• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

Agreed.

Best GG songs ever:

There is a disturbing lack of Still in the Dark here. Let me rectify that.

please let there be a millia v zato theme again please please please

Agreed.

Best GG songs ever:

I gotta agree with those though I have to add one more

I find the lack of Awe of She and Kage Matsuri in the previous posts disturbing.

Well, I chose only the 2 best.
Of course there's tons more I like. But they aren't on the level of Existence & Holy Orders. God tier songs.

you all know I need my Jam.
Jam_Kuradoberi_Portrait.png

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
Except Venom and I-No, he was added in GGX and I-No in XX. As for Justice and Kliff, I honestly think there is a slim chance of them being added (this was actually had to say since I main Justice ;_;)
Don't forget Slayer, but yeah, I don't know about Testament's status, but all of the original playable cast from the first game that isn't dead in canon is in this. I'll still stand by my earlier predictions (Sin before console release, Baiken, Johnny, Jam, Bridget, and a new character after)

Don't forget Slayer, but yeah, I don't know about Testament's status, but all of the original playable cast from the first game that isn't dead in canon is in this.
also note that Zato's and Faust's stories surround the Senate perfecting a mysterious "resurrection" magic

even Kliff & Justice are fair game now

especially with Justice's vague connection to Aria and her relationship with the Valentines

Reactions: aRBy
also note that Zato's and Faust's stories surround the Senate perfecting a mysterious "resurrection" magic

even Kliff & Justice are fair game now

especially with Justice's vague connection to Aria and her relationship with the Valentines
Is that right? I skipped Overture & I'm trying to go into Xrd's story blind, so that's some interesting pieces of info.

Is that right? I skipped Overture & I'm trying to go into Xrd's story blind, so that's some interesting pieces of info.
basically there's a running string of events that spell out that Aria, a scientist with red hair and also Frederick's love during the time of the Gear Project, is Justice. Its never outright stated, but its pretty much as obvious as Faust being Baldhead.

i'll just quote an old post I made about it on dustloop:
First there's the GG2 side story of That Man recalling the The Gear Project and having a conversation with Fred & Aria about evolution and missing links.

At the end of the Crusades, That Man feels the remorse of him condemning Justice to a terrible fate. (GGXX Justice story mode)

After being struck down, a dying Justice regains her memories about the old days of the Gear Project. (GG1 Sol Ending / AC+ Justice Story Mode)

That Man speaks to Sol about how they're both responsible for Aria's death. (GG2 ending)

then there's some side evidence about how both Valentine (Aria's copy) and Justice have access to very powerful mind control abilities and can induce strange painful headaches in Gears like Sol and Dizzy.

Reactions: aRBy
so Xrd takes place in GG2's time line? i thought in that time line most characters like Bridget were dead

so Xrd takes place in GG2's time line? i thought in that time line most characters like Bridget were dead
nope. its pretty confirmed Xrd is a direct continuation of Overture

Ramlethal's back story even mentions "Her connection to Valentine, who was responsible for the Baptism 13 incident in Italy, is unknown." which is the main plot of GG2.

GG2 isn't a different timeline from the other games. That's the drama CDs. AFAIK anyway.

For those that want to see game play videos for Xrd and AC+R, here is where you can watch:

Youtube:
Goldenrody (AC+R and XRD mostly)
Jourdal2012 (BBCP also)
GameAcho (various games)
acho battle movie (various games as well)

Twitch:
Joniosan (click on video for the archive on the right and check the time stamp for the recent one)

You can add Abelcru to the list of Youtube match vids although you get a fair bit of overlap with Jourdal.

Picked up +R on PSN. Haven't really had a chance to play much of it yet (or Skullgirls either lately for that matter) but it feels so good to pick things up again after so long. Still can't do FRCs on anybody but Sol and some of Ky's.

Might sound odd but I want to see some Xrd tier lists, see what players early impressions are.

From what I could tell from reading incredibly early-game impressions from Dustloop, Faust is incredibly powerful (maybe Chipp as well, dunno), while grappler fans are weeping like usual.

From what I've read in other places, initial impressions are something like
S: Chipp, Faust
A: Zato-1, Venom
B: Almost everyone else
F: Potemkin

Weird. Besides Venom, that video kinda seem to point at a different direction, though Sol and Ky might be getting picked a lot because of character loyalty.
Incidentally, very disappointed at the lack of I-no and Slayer in that compilation. Ah well, at least got a couple of Faust matches...
The good doctor might be top tier and while I do see him upholding the Hippocratic Oath, players who pick him seem to struggle a lot. I guess he's a hard one to master? He was my main from X to AC++ but I always played the game on a very superficial level. -_-"

But is poor Potemkin that abysmally bad? (ºAº)

Anyway, just found a YT channel with the character themes.
Yeah, I'm a little torn here. Nothing that's getting me automatically "hooked" besides Slayer's theme. But I'm sure better quality, time and context (ya know, listening to them while playing the game) will fix that.
I blame the folks who said Xrd's music is better than BBCP's. As I'm quite fond of that OST, the bar was set too damn high. :P

EDIT: it's missing some but it's good to sate most curiosity.
I could swear Beethoven's 9th plays when Faust starts operating...

Last edited:
Here's a remix of that slayer theme, sounds a lot better imo

Kurushii tweeted a download link to the entire OST, with the exception of the Boss theme. It's good quality. I could link to it, if anyone is interested.

Could you please? I really like May, Millia, and Ky's new themes. Generally I feel like Isuka and Blazblue CT's OSTs were Ishiwatari's most diverse and original works in a long time but GG's music has always been strong and Xrd is no exception imo.

a list I saw looked like this

S: ED, MI, SO, FA
A: KY, CH, AX, MA
B: SL, BE, IN, VE
C: PO

a list I saw looked like this

S: ED, MI, SO, FA
A: KY, CH, AX, MA
B: SL, BE, IN, VE
C: PO
yeah just found that on Dustloop. A bit meh of a list to me... The characters I want to be good are all down the bottom damnit haha. Apart from Chipp, it is good to see he didn't get the full ASW treatment after +R.
Here's a remix of that slayer theme, sounds a lot better imo
That sounds like it was made in guitar pro 6 to me haha, the guitars anyway.
I guess he's a hard one to master? He was my main from X to AC++ but I always played the game on a very superficial level. -_-"

But is poor Potemkin that abysmally bad? (ºAº)
Faust, at least in XX was considered one of the easier character to pick up, but to play him at a high level you have to be pretty good at using whichever items you get to their full. He has big pokes and easy mixup, so he isn't on the difficult side.

Potemkin is looking pretty bad sorry to say, he lost a HUGE, HUGE tool in his 2S, which had a vacuum effect in AC. That made pressuring much easier and allowed for combos from much further ranges.

Apparently he has #R heat knuckle which is also somehow inferior to the AC one, but I'm not sure what the deal is there.

Reactions: Balder
yeah just found that on Dustloop. A bit meh of a list to me... The characters I want to be good are all down the bottom damnit haha. Apart from Chipp, it is good to see he didn't get the full ASW treatment after +R.

If it's any consolation, all my freinds who are bad at fighting games are playing the top tier, so at least there'll be a stream of bad players to beat up on.

As for me, still waiting on more Rammy info/ a real match video.

wait is that the legit real ost?

wait is that the legit real ost?

Yeah. Good quality, too. Just no boss theme.

Man, Slayer's new theme sounds like a Yagami Team theme.

...I love Yagami Team themes.
I too thought Arashi no Saxaphone when I heard it, which is great because that is my favourite KoF track by far.

If only the rest of the character themes were clicking with me like their predecessors. I don't really know why the characters needed entirely new themes, why not just go all new KI on them.

I feel like this game is thematically meant to be a breath of fresh air for Guilty Gear. Sol, Millia, Chipp and Ky have had roughly the same themes nearly every game since the first (including Overture for Sol and Ky). Ishiwatari probably felt like making new tracks for old characters.

Yo, I'm now super hype for this game, and I'm going to be messing people up with Potemkin come release time

uhh, from what I'm looking at those are her 5k and 6k.
It's reported to be her 5P and 6P. Source stated that at first he thought the images were her K normals, but they're actually her P normals.

Weird. What I saw said otherwise, but you seem to be right.

I'm watching that hour long set of Xrd matches, and damn I am getting hype as hell for this game. Wonder how long after launch we'll have to wait for Rammy.