• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

BkrUOVxCYAEkMWs.jpg

This is too much for me

So...much...Rammy-chan
*collapses*

Reactions: Wenzel and klaww
Ramlethal's Punch button uses kicks. Because fuck you.
BkrTwneCUAAf005.jpg
BkrT1ydCAAAemzT.jpg

don't let Kim Kapwan and Elena hear you

again I ask "How can my harbinger of destruction possibly be this cute?" or ORammo, for short.
Well if all Valentines are based on Aria, then I'd hope they'd use her model so we'd get an armorless version of Justice in the future.

Especially if she's got long red hair, crazy eyes and shark teeth.

. . . and a hilarious gag ending about her criticizing Dizzy's choice of husband. Mother-in-law jokes!

I have no idea what "悲観" really means (apparently translates to "pessimism" and Google Image search of the word results in a lot of pictures of people grasping their faces in despair) but otherwise roughly translates to, "More pessimism please" or something like that (signed with her name in hiragana in the corner there).

Ramlethal is the waifu to end all waifus.... if she does a good enough job.

ok i'm new to GG but i want to know since i play characters like filia, fortune, xiaoyu(tekken), taokaka(BB), Lambda(blazblue) leo(tekken)

basically i'm looking for a character with pure rushdown and mix ups.

Millia? I guess Sol, I-No, Chipp work too.

If we're counting characters not in Xrd Bridget, Jam, Zappa.

She might be in the next revision but for now I think they're concentrating on iconic GG characters from the original that aren't canonically dead, or characters that are important to the overarching story/relevant to characters that are i.e. the Missing Link characters. I'm speculating that Dizzy, Baiken, Testament, Johnny, Sin will be in sometime down the line (maybe next rev), and possibly Anji (maybe not playable) since he's connected to Baiken like how Millia, Zato-1, and Venom are connected.

I'm sure they'll add characters later on along with updates

I do feel like they have to cut down on the old cast though. Guilty Gear XX has a reputation for being kind of a bloated game and it seems (to me at least) like Xrd is Arcsys' attempt to move away from that. Also if they stop re-introducing old characters it means they can include new ones. More importantly, XXAC+R will stay relevant unlike virtually every other game in the series. :P

Ramlethal is the waifu to end all waifus.... if she does a good enough job.
Nah. Dizzy will always be best waifu. Especially since she's now actually a waifu.

Nah. Dizzy will always be best waifu. Especially since she's now actually a waifu.
take a look at what I said more closely.

Dizzy is Ky's waifu so the dream is dead. Ram's also not

frozen in a state of temporal stasis

< the hell man i do know eddie is hard to use but....man...
It is the start of a new series, so I can't say I didn't expect stuff on the level of GGX & BBCT.

Its GGX Johnny Mist Loops all over again.

I really hope Baiken gets added in an update. I REALLY enjoy her in accent core.
But, if not, I've heard a lot of people say they think accent core is gonna stay relevant, so I can hope.

ok i'm new to GG but i want to know since i play characters like filia, fortune, xiaoyu(tekken), taokaka(BB), Lambda(blazblue) leo(tekken)

basically i'm looking for a character with pure rushdown and mix ups.
Filia is most Sol, Fortune is most like Eddie, Tao is most like I-No.

Lambda doesn't have that much of an analog, but the "projectile oriented" character in this one is Bedman.

what does milia rage specialize in? like....... is she one of those high learning curve characters? i heard something about her mixups being really hard to react to.
THat's what she specializes in, unreactable mix-ups and vortexes ( I hope I'me using the word vortex right)

Millia is all about Okizeme.

Combo -> knockdown -> Disc/Bubble to force a block -> mixup between high/low/roll cross-through/throw -> repeat.

THat's what she specializes in, unreactable mix-ups and vortexes ( I hope I'me using the word vortex right)
can someone quickly clarify something for me: what exactly is the relationship between the terms "vortex", "okizeme" and "wake-up game"?

okizeme being the term i heard first YEARS ago on gamecombos forums and having only started hearing about the "vortex" when SF4 came out.

can someone quickly clarify something for me: what exactly is the relationship between the terms "vortex", "okizeme" and "wake-up game"?

okizeme being the term i heard first YEARS ago on gamecombos forums and having only started hearing about the "vortex" when SF4 came out.
Okizeme and Wake up games are used interchangeably to basically mean what you do on someone's wake up to keep pressure on or get another combo. A vortex is like a situation with repeatable mix-ups. I think.

"Vortex" is the term that people used to describe SF4 Akuma's "end every combo in a knockdown, go for Okizeme, repeat" game.

None of the folks I used to play GGXX with used Eddie, but didn't AC+R and Slash both get rid of his stupid shit, anyways?

Vortex is new people needing a new word to describe something there was already a word for.

"Eddie has always had unblockables" doesn't mean he still needs to be that stupid.
I agree. I only said that cause people seemed to think it was new.

My friend let me grab his copy of Guilty Gear XX, so far it seems pretty fun. I'm surprised how nice it looks.

I've taken a shine to Slayer tbh.

I still hope Xrd has characters from the previous games. I would love to see some of my favorites join the 3D cell shaded fray. Mainly Jam.

I still hope Xrd has characters from the previous games. I would love to see some of my favorites join the 3D cell shaded fray. Mainly Jam.
But, every character except for two (Bedman and Ramlethal) are from previous games....? Am I reading your post wrong?

But, every character except for two (Bedman and Ramlethal) are from previous games....? Am I reading your post wrong?
I meant MORE characters.

He meant other missing old characters like Jam, Baiken, Johnny, Anji, ABA, etc.