• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Help Advertise Indivisible!

Will they also try to run away to some abandoned temple?
If it leads me to cookie hungry ghosts I'm fine with that.

Reactions: The Dave
Should I make Cookie versions of The Hungry Ghosts? Maybe On Tuesday given time I can make some other cookies and ice out their faces. Me thinks of Tungar's Face as a cookie

While we're on Reddit's front page, has Mike Z (and/or the rest of L0) considered doing an AMA thread there? That should offer plenty of exposure and a chance to put any concerns to rest, straight from the horse's mouth.

I've looked into this, and as near as I can tell, all you really need to do is make a new AMA thread and... just do it? Some advice I read suggested getting a mod's help, but it didn't specify if you needed a mod from r/AMA specifically or just some mod from some other subreddit.

There's also the matter of posting in r/IAMA vs r/AMA. Can anyone tell me which would be more appropriate for this kind of thing?

I've looked into this, and as near as I can tell, all you really need to do is make a new AMA thread and... just do it? Some advice I read suggested getting a mod's help, but it didn't specify if you needed a mod from r/AMA specifically or just some mod from some other subreddit.

There's also the matter of posting in r/IAMA vs r/AMA. Can anyone tell me which would be more appropriate for this kind of thing?
well it looks like r/iama has about 9.4 million subscribers compared to r/ama's 100,000 soo...

I'm not too too familiar with Ask Me Anything's, but I think I can clarify a few things. /r/IAMA has 9.4 million subscribers, and 2.8 thousand people there right now. By contrast, /r/AMA has 100K subscribers, 99 of which are currently present. /r/IAMA also has a handy table of upcoming interviews. This is probably why they recommend you get in contact with a moderator first- that way they can schedule and let readers know when something's coming. There's also some sort of a user verification process that I'm not familiar with- typically a picture of the person with their Reddit username.

It's worth noting that you don't have to AMA on /r/IAMA- here's an "Ask Me Anything" that Gabe Newell did on /r/gaming. (8.8 million subscribers, 13.5 thousand present on the subreddit as of this writing.) I haven't had a lot of luck getting Indivisible any attention on /r/gaming, but /r/games (a more formal, less popular subreddit with 656 thousand readers, 3.6 thousand of which are present now) seemed pretty favorable to Mike Z's video about money from the other day. Additionally, when I tried posting the video and information about the crowdfunding campaign on /r/gamedev (144K subscribers, 260 present now), my post was taken down- but with an invite from the mods for the actual people running the campaign to post it so they'd be available to answer questions.

So, as I see it:
  • /r/IAMA- large audience, but very wide and not necessarily into gaming. Might be worth contacting their moderators first, that way if IAMA isn't the best place for it they'll recommend somewhere else.
  • /r/AMA- better for smaller projects and audiences. According to their own sidebar, they're better when "maybe you want fewer people to read your story, or you have decided that your AMA does not warrant a large audience." Since this project needs as much exposure as possible, that's probably not a good idea. On the other hand, if you think too large an audience all at once would be rough on Lab Zero, this might be a better way to go.
  • /r/gaming- a casual but popular subreddit, almost as big as /r/IAMA and guaranteed to be gamers; might have trouble getting their attention amidst Battlefront 3 pics, GTA gifs, and Nintendo nostalgia posts.
  • /r/games- Already favorable to Indivisible, but smaller.
  • /r/gamedev- Might be good for a smaller conversation specifically about the development process.

/r/iama is your ticket, people will cross-post it into gaming subs. Point #6 details getting on the calaendar, a great step, and on #15 of their wiki (https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/wiki/index), it details getting in touch with /u/chooter, the mod most able to help make things go well. You do not NEED here help, it just makes things 101% legit for the AMAs that get her involved.

The day of the AML, you need a minimum of one person sitting at their computer all day, answering questions on behalf of the team. If it's successful, it IS an all day thing.

wow everyone trying to ninja each other over here.

Only a true ninja doesn't allow himself to be ninja-ed

*curls up back into bed with a cup of warm tea*

Reactions: Beuzer0
Now that fighten herds is funded, maybe more ppl will start looking at Indivisible.

I just realized something- if they don't make it to Goat Tier, it might be affordable for them to fund a goat Incarnation in Indivisible. $10K for a new Incarnation, but $110K between basic funding and getting their stretch goal.

I am glad they made it, and I want them to make Goat, too. There's something about goats that just make games better somehow. I'm not sure what.

Watched a couple youtubers play Indivisible and thought that it was so great that it was being spread like this~!

There's something about goats that just make games better somehow. I'm not sure what.
Then go and play Undertale

Reactions: Meow-Professor
watching mikes "random" stream from friday right now. Lets bug Kotaku to talk about indivisible.

Ok guys I got another idea that might help us out.
Awhile back during the Skullgirls Indie Go Go campaign, I believe Lab Zero tried to promote the game and campaign through Team Fortress 2 with Skullgirls styled cosmetics. Although it failed, it did accumulate some outreach.
Them Fighting whatever horse game (Which just got funded) is also planning to do cosmetics, maybe we or I could ask the Main 6 team if they would want to work with Lab Zero by throwing in some Indivisible styled cosmetics, to sorta point some of their fans that don't know about Lab Zero our way.

Tiger pelt for heavy.
Prayer beads for all class.
Axe for pyro, maybe?
Tungar hat thing for Demoman.
Easy peasy.

Yeeee.... Just watch Jim Sterling's Jimquisition (it's not about crowd funding it's about the Pay Day 2 stuff) And right at the end he was like "Stop emailing me about Indivisible." So now I'm starting to think we kinda sorta ticked him off in the begining of this whole thing...

Reactions: Vadsamoht
"Divided beads"
Wrist cosmetic
"And you're going to feel more divided about wearing them when you hear they're supposed to go on your head"

Also there are still people emailing Jim about Indivisible?!?

I hope people realize that this is it for harassing "internet celebrities" for the time being.
You absolutely do not want this crowdfund to be regarded as obnoxious.

Reactions: Vadsamoht
he mentioned it in the video soooooo... maybe? The guy can exaggerate a little, it is in his character...

Either way I messaged him on his video apologizing about the flooding of emails and that it wasn't our intent to overwhelm him and force him to make a video about, just that we thought the campaign was something that Mr. Sterling wanted in game developers for years now.

you could also try /r/casualiama as well

Render link dat shit all over here and on the IGG when you do that so maybe we can share it.

Edit: OH! Remember you have to announce it first before starting it right away. At least all AMAs I've seen do that.

Last edited:
I managed to get the Quarter Guy to play the prototype! He threw some cash down for Indivisible AND Them's Fighting Herds. I don't know the amount, but he also gave a quick shoutout to Indivisible in his newest unscripted QA video, his 25 cent worth. It's not really enough of a mention to warrant mentioning on the media coverage thread, but I'm making progress...

Haven't been able to contact other people yet, but my skype getting hacked and having a ton of issues with fixing that has slowed things down a bit.

I haven't been able to follow the thread as I wasn't getting alerts, but we're going to have an AMA? That would be great, honestly. R/Gaming wouldn't be a good idea imo as that subreddit is a mess so getting noticed will be hard, I'd say go with r/IAMA.
it details getting in touch with /u/chooter, the mod most able to help make things go well.
She was fired, IIRC she isn't helping with AMAs anymore. The wiki section is a bit unclear, but is she still helping with them?
R/CasualIAMA is more for people that aren't really noteworthy. People create AMAs for conversation and just talk about things.

Hey! Looks like Half-Genie Hero campaign gave Indivisible a shoutout on KS! Props to the Wayforward guys!

Reactions: Shockdingo and Ryin
Hey! Looks like Half-Genie Hero campaign gave Indivisible a shoutout on KS! Props to the Wayforward guys!
GASP~! YOU MEAN... SHANTAE (my wayforward honie!) IS SUPPORTING AJNA?

Tan Girls stick together i see.

So, I mentioned this on Reddit, but I feel like it might get a little more attention here, so here goes:

What is Lab Zero doing to get Japanese gamers interested in the campaign? Valkyrie Profile is more well known in Japan than it is in the states, so I would expect Lab Zero to really try to push the game there, but being American I don't really have much of a clue if the game is getting noticed on Japanese gaming sites, or how easy it is for Japanese gamers to access and contribute to the campaign.

If the game isn't getting much coverage in Japan, that's really where I'd look for new backers right now. Maybe Operation Rainfall could help? They've done a lot of work getting Japanese games brought to the states, maybe they have connections that could help get things moving in the other direction.

Maybe Operation Rainfall could help? They've done a lot of work getting Japanese games brought to the states, maybe they have connections that could help get things moving in the other direction.

Actually shot them a tip earlier this morning. Some of their writers have written stuff for SG before so telling them about Indivisible seemed logical.

what about that new Cab that's getting set up soon in the japanese arcades? Could maybe weedle in some sort of campaign news there

what about that new Cab that's getting set up soon in the japanese arcades? Could maybe weedle in some sort of campaign news there

If we can contact the Arcades that are having the cabinets and some local SG guys to print out some small flyers and slap em both at the front desk and at the cabinet itself then we might be in business!

SHOOT

COME ON WORLD GIVE US A BREAK!

and also we need to find a way to get SG in the arcades for longer you know?

and also we need to find a way to get SG in the arcades for longer you know?
It's a location test. It's only supposed to be in the arcade for a few days while they test if it works or not. It's just a beta test. The full game will be released permanently in a few months.

So (as of this post) 9:00 AMTuesday today or...
either way it'd be a bit late x,x
As much as I love Lab Zero, I aint taking a day off work to make fliers, then take 3 hours of trains to put them on an arcade machine for a couple of hours :P

hmmpphhh... poopy...

and it's okay Cell...

*chews on Roti shaped cookie*

I blame my cranky mood on low blood sugar

Just noticed your location marker, so yeah you ment your "today".. And I understand. Hll, might be over by the time you get there anyways lol XD

Edit: Tripped across BaerTaffy's Twitter account by accident. Fired off a tweet to him, asking about if he's seen my post on his Youtube. Hopefully he'll see my tweet/Youtube Message.
Interesting... Notch follows BaerTaffy. Small world.

Last edited:
What is Lab Zero doing to get Japanese gamers interested in the campaign?

So far it's been limited to telling JP gaming news outlets about the campaign. 4Gamer, Gamespark, Famitsu, DengekiOnline (I think?) all covered the campaign but AFAIK nothing else since them. Aside from that we have a small amount for followers for @indivisibleJP, but as I am the only one on the team that speaks Japanese, and I am swamped trying to handle stuff on the English-speaking side as it is, I haven't been able to put much effort toward that.

I'm open to ideas on how to reach out, but I fear that that will fall squarely on me and I'm kind of firing on all cylinders as it is.

Make some Indivisible x Valkyrie Profile x Metroid Art
Also when is the Valkyrie Profile stream happening or did i miss that already by any chance.

Make some Indivisible x Valkyrie Profile x Metroid Art
Also when is the Valkyrie Profile stream happening or did i miss that already by any chance.

Didn't miss it. Probably next week.

I'm open to ideas on how to reach out, but I fear that that will fall squarely on me and I'm kind of firing on all cylinders as it is.

Reach Hiroki Kikuta and he could spread the word on his social media FB, TW or a JP social media that didn´t know.

Last edited: