• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Help Advertise Indivisible!

Don't forget to mention that the proto can be downloaded for free - assuming you're linking to the IGG page an not a direct download, that is.
I link both. :)

Has anyone been trying to contact Markiplier? He's diffidently one of the bigger fish out there and I think he's still a decent enough person to make a video without asking for $20,000 if he takes interest.

Has anyone been trying to contact Markiplier? He's diffidently one of the bigger fish out there and I think he's still a decent enough person to make a video without asking for $20,000 if he takes interest.
well there is no harm in trying... Just don't flood the man with emails like we did with Jim Sterling (ho boy he did sound a little annoyed about that)

Reactions: Kit Ballard
well there is no harm in trying... Just don't flood the man with emails like we did with Jim Sterling (ho boy he did sound a little annoyed about that)
I actually think as appose to Jim "fucking" Sterling we actually need to do so to Markiplier.
That poor guy gets hundreds thousands of messages a day about "Your Five Nights at Freddy's play threw saved my life."
If we reserve ourselves no way in hell he will catch it.
Also you haven't accepted my friend request on Steam yet. :u

Reactions: The Dave
I think that the grumps playthrough helped indiv in getting exposure so that other letsplayers can see it, so let's still contain ourselves.

Also you haven't accepted my friend request on Steam yet. :u

Welp i guess we'll have to get the fireworks... also huh? I don't have a friend request in my Stream Inbox... ah whatever adding you. (oh wait I think i know why... My older bro took back his old account that I was using. I have new one all to myself)

Mike mentioned on-stream that Kotaku's not covering Indivisible really well. They covered it once in July, but that's about it. Doing a little digging, I found this article on how to contact them. Particularly, they accept and sometimes read at emails to tips@kotaku.com. Might be worth looking into. I'll need to dig a little into what Mockball is so I can kind of know what I'm talking about when emailing them. I figured I'd get the information out there while I'm researching and drafting my email.

We're losing momentum, even after Jim Sterling played the game. Could it be that some people are upset? Someone in the comments complained about Jim playing while Total Biscuit is struggling with his disease... yes, it's sad, but that doesn't mean he's dead or anything, his friends will keep working and going on with their lives right now.

We're losing momentum, even after Jim Sterling played the game. Could it be that some people are upset? Someone in the comments complained about Jim playing while Total Biscuit is struggling with his disease... yes, it's sad, but that doesn't mean he's dead or anything, his friends will keep working and going on with their lives right now.
Calm down. There are going to be boosts and slower periods, and even this "slow period" is faster than some of the other periods in this campaign so far.

Y'all can stop asking ZONE in the stream chats now:

Screenshot from 2015-10-17 09:55:58.png

Yeah, we're in a much better position now regardless of the current momentum. Of course, we gotta keep pushing the game in other places, but at least now we can say for sure that over 300k people know about the campaign at this point. When things slowed down a few days ago, we were barely getting views from anywhere!

Real footage of @E!Damnation in the open.

Okay, I've drafted an email. I'm going to let you guys preview it here in case I've done something horribly wrong and somebody can electronically dive in shouting "NNNNNNNOOOOOOOO0OOO!!!!!!!!!" Please don't copy-paste, as that will pretty much guarantee that this gets ignored.

Hi!

I thought you might like to know Indivisible, Lab Zero's Metroid/JRPG hybrid on Indiegogo, has a free prototype that anyone and everyone can play. It takes about forty minutes to play, and can be downloaded right here, simply extract the folder and launch the .exe file to play: http://www.labzerogames.com/indivisible-prototype_win.zip
Luke did an article on Indivisible back in July, so I thought you'd be interested in knowing that the campaign's been live for over a week now and, unlike other over-promised and under-delivered Kickstarters, has a realistic (if hefty) budget and has already pushed out free gameplay for everyone to try- with updates! Additionally, the lead developer (Mike Z) initially discovered Mockball in Super Metroid, so there's just as much classic history in Indivisible as Skullgirls had from classic 2D fighters: http://www.metroid-database.com/sm/mikez.php

This seems like news Kotaku would want to cover, especially considering that Lab Zero needs (as of this writing) $1.2 million raised in a little over a month, and the company cannot fiscally stay together if it fails. Plus, there's been positive coverage on Youtube by Jim Sterling, Jesse Cox, and Game Grumps, so the topic is definitely gaining interest.

I am just a fan, and not officially related to Lab Zero or 505 Games in any way. If you'd like to check out the Indiegogo page, it's right here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-an-rpg-by-lab-zero-and-505-games/

Thank you for your time. I hope this helps out.

Barring dramatic stoppage, I'll send this in about half an hour to tips@kotaku.com and plunkett@kotaku.com (general tips and the person who wrote the July article). Hopefully it'll help out.

[EDIT] Email sent. Hopefully this works, I'm not accustomed to contacting official news sources, much less getting listened to. Doesn't help that it's Friday night.

Last edited:
Okay I'm done looking at this.

EVERYBODY CALM THE FUCK UP. We want Indiv to get covered, not torment youtube people. Send one message per person not thousands per second like with what you did to poor sterling. What did you do to him?

That email draft looks fine to me. I don't like kotaku at all but if it helps...

Last edited:
Reactions: Vadsamoht
Okay I'm done looking at this.

EVERYBODY CALM THE FUCK UP. We want Indiv to get covered, not torment youtube people. Send one message per person not thousands like with what you did to poor sterling.

That email draft looks fine to me. I don't like kotaku at all but if it helps...

People should get aware and looking on the Indivisible media coverage index to prevent this happen again, maybe could set a rules? like

"If 1 person said im gonna contact X website/ youtuber/ twich person etc., that person have the commitment to report that already done in this thread and report the result a.k.a Video, News url on the index of covered media" and avoid be annoying on Internet, in general, tought.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArgonBern
Sorry for the continuous edits by the way. I think that if 3 or even 4 people happen (aka NOT intentionally) to send a message to one person about it it's... acceptable maybe, but don't make them literal mobs.

Also yes an index could help. For now we're doing okay with the campaign.

YOu have to think, that those people receive a lot of messages a day.

If one, 2 or even 10 people send a message, they might not even see it.

A lot of large producers of content read all of their mail (or at least skim it), they just don't reply to much of it.

Reactions: Wenzel

It's a tough balance. Apparently we over-did it on Jim Sterling (though, funnily enough, I don't think he's one of the ones I contacted.)

It's a tough balance. Apparently we over-did it on Jim Sterling (though, funnily enough, I don't think he's one of the ones I contacted.)

I didn't even think there were enough people around to actually bug someone with messages.

It is possible that Jim Sterling was kinda joking? I don't know his channel or his personality to know what kind of sense of humor he has, but it seems like it. =P

Gettin close to the next reveal.

Mike said on-stream Kotaku's been actively ignoring Indivisible. Who are Kotaku's competition? Surely they'd be interested, not only in the campaign, but also in "the big media's" lack of coverage? That's, like, a story within a story. Newsception.

Reactions: Wenzel
Mike said on-stream Kotaku's been actively ignoring Indivisible. Who are Kotaku's competition? Surely they'd be interested, not only in the campaign, but also in "the big media's" lack of coverage? That's, like, a story within a story. Newsception.
Gee, i wonder why

guys you better thank me later or something cause I've been going thru youtube comments all night long answering questions people post about the game. Also been trying to, you know, encourage people who are on the fence or are like "I'll get the game when it comes out" to donate asap or else it will be dust in the wind. Also telling the masses to get the prototype.

oh man... PA is actually kinda bleg... but also fun at the same time.

edit wow did i really type out PA? I meant P. fuck man i am so tired even after sleeping in to 8 today.

Last edited:
Gee, i wonder why
Um... I'm not familiar with Kotaku at all, so I do actually wonder why. What is it?

From my perusals of Kotaku it seems largely up to the individual editors whether they cover crowdfunding campaigns. Luke Plunkett wrote about Indivisible when L0 first announced it, so I would think asking him directly to do a follow up article now that the campaign has actually started would be a good move. Alternatively Mike Fahey recently did a piece on the Them's Fighting Herds crowdfund, so he might be open to an article too.

I had a hard time finding any way to contact them aside from Kotaku comments and Twitter though, and they both seem like terrible ways to do it.

how do I upgrade my pledge on indiegogo? I want to go from the 75 I already pledged to 175 (190 with shipping) but it asks me to donate all of it at once instead of just taking 115 and adding them to my current 75
IGG is a bit weird. You go into Manage my Contributions and you can upgrade from there. It'll ask you to pay the entire amount for your new tier. When you do upgrade it will immediately refund you your previous tier, then charge you the full amount for the new one. it will charge you the full amount for the new one, then will immediately refund you your previous tier.

Last edited:
Reactions: DimitriAwsometh
I had a hard time finding any way to contact them aside from Kotaku comments and Twitter though, and they both seem like terrible ways to do it

This link has a list of their staff's email addresses, Facebook pages, and Twitter accounts. It's pretty complete until you scroll down to about "Editorial Assistant." I emailed the general tip request and Luke, so hopefully something good will come of it after all.

Reactions: Cellsai
IGG is a bit weird. You go into Manage my Contributions and you can upgrade from there. It'll ask you to pay the entire amount for your new tier. When you do upgrade it will immediately refund you your previous tier, then charge you the full amount for the new one.
Correction: They charge you the full amount and then once that's cleared they refund the previous one. I know this from experience.

Reactions: Cellsai
So, can anyone Photoshop Ajna, money, and Mike Z into that scene from Dragon Ball Z where Goku's trying to collect energy for the Spirit Bomb and needs Mr. Satan's help? Seems appropriate. Thanks!

So I was looking through some old Nintendo Power magazines, and I saw during the time they were advertising Brawl, they used character bio with the logo as advertising. So it got me thinking, maybe we can do the same as posters. Like the top of the page would have the Indivisible logo, and the character picture with info would be under. Because I must ask, for the audience, have they seen the new incarnations. Or have they only known about Razmi and pals? Maybe showing them all these new incarnations could bring some over the fence.

Reactions: The Dave
[color=#ff00a---fuck almost forgot

That's an interesting idea. While it may take time that the devs don't have, maybe setting up a site like how the Dojo used to be?

now I think about it I never actually looked at the official indiv site.. after this download I guess I should go peek.

For everyone who wants to help explain Indivisible's Indiegogo campaign but don't feel like typing just send the person this link

http://www.twitch.tv/ugclive/v/21050929?t=39m21s

and a link to the Indiegogo page, and the website

Alright, so the whole thing goes from 39:21 to 1:06:30. Imma see if I can download it and excise that section so I can load it up to Youtube for easier watching.

Alright, so the whole thing goes from 39:21 to 1:06:30. Imma see if I can download it and excise that section so I can load it up to Youtube for easier watching.
if you can do that then thanks. Spread it like a wild fire and Mike Z will personally kiss u (he won't but he will be quite happy for you)

So, I've tried posting on /r/speedrun, haven't gotten much attention, though. I'm really worried we're not getting this to enough people. Anybody have any luck spreading Mike's "Talk About Money" from last night's Salty?

Hmm, cutting out this bit will take longer than I thought. Not easy finding something that'll work with an mp4 this big.