• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Her Parasite is as Deadly as her Beauty - it's the Blood Goddess Eliza!!! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, a vampiric diva who uses blood to make herself eternally beautiful and young.

Yeah, can't have her being too sexy, can we?

I'm all for sexy characters so I'm not against her showing so much of her beautiful eternal skin
I just don't like the design, it looks like two censor bars from hentais
I'd be more for something Lady Gaga would wear aka sexy and original
1253809639-ladygaga1.jpg

lady-gaga-bad-romance-lace-lna.jpg

lady-gaga-bad-romance.jpg

expecially the last one, I love it

Tumblr

Oh good God please let's keep Tumblr and its absurd Politically correctness out of this whole forum
Last time I checked gay men are misoginists for not wanting to fuck girls

Goodbye everyone
It's been fun derailing this poor thread numerous times together
I'll miss you all

Here's a screencap of the formal dress based of emlan's design. Also notice the HUD portrait has been changed.
2uhtnao.jpg

Taken from Twitch's archive. Many thanks to Izzmo for bringing it up.

Yeah, can't have her being too sexy, can we?
I agree with chicken on this. It's not so much the outfit's skimpiness but it's just kinda unimaginative. If it were something like Menace's costume with a huge necklace covering her breasts and a loincloth, I'd say it would look pretty good.

Tumblr
Eliza can turn into a skeleton whenever she wants. THAT'S THIN PRIVILEGE!! >:[
And yeah, I read that. Apparently gay men are the new ultimate privileged shitlords.

@Balder I was wondering about that one but I didn't see it in the video. :o

Also, I like the dress one the most.

The anatomy and pose look awkward, hope they'll fix it, the dress is nice tho

>Lady Gaga
>Sexy

eww

regardness of tastes on how Gaga looks, her costumes are still provocative, and that's what I'm talking about

I really want to draw Eliza in Gaga costumes now

Reactions: Denizen
Formal Eliza is Happiness.

@OnyxBones Yeah they like to avoid telling stuff early. But adding to Sekhmet, she has a walk animation free of Eliza so we can be pretty sure she'll have her own mode. I kinda hope that they'll be able to keep the blood mechanic, but if they can't I guess there's really not much we can do.

I saw a walking cycle being animated on someone’s stream earlier, but figured that could have just as easily been part of a “walk up and do something” super. An idle pretty much clenches it for me since that either means a full on transformation or a puppet character and Eliza probably isn’t going to be walking around without her skeleton... as funny as the thought may be.

I mostly just love how Render essentially said he wasn’t going to say what Eliza didn’t have yet and turned right around and told the stream she didn’t have this and that from Sekhmet

I saw a walking cycle being animated on someone’s stream earlier, but figured that could have just as easily been part of a “walk up and do something” super. An idle pretty much clenches it for me since that either means a full on transformation or a puppet character and Eliza probably isn’t going to be walking around without her skeleton... as funny as the thought may be.

I mostly just love how Render essentially said he wasn’t going to say what Eliza didn’t have yet and turned right around and told the stream she didn’t have this and that from Sekhmet

That's true, but didn't she have idle and crouch before? And yeah I figured Sekh didn't have anything as of yet since they didn't show anything. Makes me sad but I'm still of course gonna play with her even unfinished.

@OnyxBones Yeah they like to avoid telling stuff early. But adding to Sekhmet, she has a walk animation free of Eliza so we can be pretty sure she'll have her own mode. I kinda hope that they'll be able to keep the blood mechanic, but if they can't I guess there's really not much we can do.

MikeZ actually answered the blood mechanic question, all he said to the streamers was and I approximately quote, "No she won't, and I resent being asked about playstyles."

Oh good God please let's keep Tumblr and its absurd Politically correctness out of this whole forum
Last time I checked gay men are misoginists for not wanting to fuck girls

I am so happy i quit that site, i literally can't comprehend that stupidity

So besides water, does anyone want to gush about eliza with me.

The fact that Eliza and Sehkmet are voiced by TWO Disgaea characters?

Two BLEACH characters too. Michelle Ruff is Rukia and Wendee Lee is Yoruichi.

But

I wanted Michelle Ruff to be Annie.

This is the opposite thing.

One, DDB grow up. I wanted Wendee Lee to voice Illeum and she got Sekhmet so it's not like it's all good news.

And two, there's only one actor fit to voice Annie: Melissa Fahn.

Anyway I'm just going to copy & paste my thoughts on the VA choices from the News post here to save time:

The VAs chosen for Eliza and co. blow my mind on so many levels. The big one being this: Anyone who's been to my Twitter page when Toonami airs each Saturday knows I make one too many jokes regarding the Skullgirls Cast being in many of the shows Toonami airs. (ex: Everytime during Blue Exorcist, I find any excuse to make Filia or Marie jokes whenever Sheimi or Izumo appear on the screen respectfully) So it blows my freaking mind that we have not one, not two, but THREE more VAs known for their work on shows that have aired on that block at some point in its history confirmed to also be in Skullgirls. The most surprising of which being Horace's VA being Sean "Goku" Schemmel, when DBZ is synonymous w/ Toonami.

I think this is a damn big omen that we need Skullgirls on Toonami at this point.

Anyway on to more serious opinions on the VA cast chosen.....

Horace: Wait, last I heard from Sean, he was in New York working on 4Kids' shoddy dubs. How the hell did LabZero get him? That's my only question regarding this.

Albus: Rufus? Yeah I'll have to wait until the audio gets done because I can't picture Albus talking w/ Rufus' voice and I don't know this guy's full range outside of Rufus.

Sekhmet: Awwwww I wanted Stephanie Sheh. And I would've rather Wendee voiced Illeum. She's done quite a few kind and motherly voices, you'd think one coming out of a woman made of guts wouldn't sound out of place. But I'm confident she'll do a good job as Sekhmet, even though when I think creepy blood sucking skeleton monster, Wendee Lee's the last person I think of. She doesn't strike me as the kind of person to do creepy voices.

Eliza: Okay did not see her coming at all. Though personally, I think her and Wendee's roles might've been switched.

MikeZ actually answered the blood mechanic question, all he said to the streamers was and I approximately quote, "No she won't, and I resent being asked about playstyles."

Yeah, but that could just be him being annoyed at being asked that a hundred times in a row. I'm gonna just wait and see and be prepared for both outcomes.

Holy fuck Michelle Ruff??? I think my love for Eliza has shot into the heavens now
I'd say her and Wendee Lee (and Liam O'Brien as Leviathan) are probably the most well known VAs in SG now

Also the two best characters on bleach.

Christopher Smith was also The Emperor in Dissidia Final Fantasy. That's probably more along the lines of what I expect to hear from the servant.

We also got a whole Persona 3 team going here. Leviathan as Akihiko, Eliza as Yukari, and Sekhmet as Fuuka. (Well, post P4A but it still counts)

I don;t think we will get a blood mchanic like we thing, I think it may be a super instead

One, DDB grow up. I wanted Wendee Lee to voice Illeum and she got Sekhmet so it's not like it's all good news.

And two, there's only one actor fit to voice Annie: Gilbert Gottfried

Anyway I'm just going to copy & paste my thoughts on the VA choices from the News post here to save time:
FTFY

Reactions: Denizen
Hey, who knows? If they don't have enough time to implement it into Eliza's gameplay, they might just give it to Robo-Fortune as Oil. Nyanomachines, or something.

It's not so much that they couldn't implement it, the mechanic existed already in a primitive state before Eliza even won the vote actually. They just decided not to use it, at least not like it was planned to be when it was first shown.

All good (and occasionally disturbing) things come to an end, I guess.

Rip in peace, thread.

We would be okay if the mechanic went to Robo-Fortune, right? I mean, she's designed after someone who bleeds a lot in the first place, so...might as well make it a weapon of sorts?

Okay, both new discussion threads have been created in this forum.

To talk about gameplay, please go over here: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index....blood-goddess-eliza-gameplay-discussion.3620/

To speculate about Eliza and her lore, or other aspects of the character, head over here: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/a-song-of-blood-and-beauty-lore-speculation.3621/

I've copied a few of the later blood mechanic posts over into the gameplay thread so you can keep that going over there.

And we're done! Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.