• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

How do you think Marie will play?

Bankenstein8

Reaction score
Big Band Beowulf Unknown
Marie I think will be a character who could be interesting to see how her gameplay develops considering there seems to be quite a few ways they could take it. Any ideas on what her playstyle could be like?

Reactions: Holy Goose

CaioLugon

Reaction score
Steam
CaioLugon
Ms. Fortune Unknown Cerebella
b74621bbb8[1].png

Holy Goose

Science Shark Supporter
Reaction score
Steam
eestifisher
Unknown Unknown Unknown
Oh yeah, we needed that thread.

I hope that the demonic vacuum cleaner will be a part of her set. It has some potential. Also, it's simply awesome.
More shout outs to "Spaceballs", please. Because good is dumb.

I suppose, Marie's playstyle would rely on summoning quite a lot. Makes too much sense from the story point too. Basically, my boy The Skeleton will do most of the physical fighting. Having some hard-hitting projectiles would be logical. Maybe even some sort of life drain, using the vacuum cleaner.

Otherwise, it's a bit too early to say. I believe in the development team. They will make her very interesting to play.
Please, don't forget to add The Skeleton.

tristePinguino

Droppin' combos like they're hot!
Reaction score
Filia
I am pleading for this to be in the game in some capacity; it doesn't even have to be an attack please it's so funny, lol.
Also Dust Bunnies.
Take a Bow.png

With "Tohou series" listed as a gamplay inspiration, I imagine Marie being capable of filling the screen, similar to her Boss incarnation. Speaking of, here's hoping her vacuum gets to shine this time around. I could also see Marie having attacks and/or projectiles that lend themselves well to set play.
Can't wait to learn more!

Edit:

I figured I should just include the entirety of her attack-concept sheet:
Fw6UQ.jpg

Bankenstein8

Reaction score
Big Band Beowulf Unknown
I am pleading for this to be in the game in some capacity; it doesn't even have to be an attack please it's so funny, lol.
Also Dust Bunnies.

With "Tohou series" listed as a gamplay inspiration, I imagine Marie being capable of filling the screen, similar to her Boss incarnation. Speaking of, here's hoping her vacuum gets to shine this time around. I could also see Marie having attacks and/or projectiles that lend themselves well to set play.
Can't wait to learn more!

Edit:

I figured I should just include the entirety of her attack-concept sheet:
Has Black Dahlia used any of the attacks that were on her concept sheet so far? I know Annie and Umbrella used a lot from their’s.

tristePinguino

Droppin' combos like they're hot!
Reaction score
Filia
Has Black Dahlia used any of the attacks that were on her concept sheet so far? I know Annie and Umbrella used a lot from their’s.

Truthfully, not quite (at least, not yet).
Some of the ideas are preserved, but nothing is 1 to 1 like it was for Annie and Umbrella.
I also realized this image wasn't already in any of the Black Dahlia threads.

Black-Dahlia-Fight-skullgirls-34436617-1280-1858.png
But like they always say, early character concepts are very much subject to change.

I feel like Marie has enough going on that the concepts on her sheet could potentially go unused.