• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

How do you think Umbrella will play?

Caleb

Savage Bypass
Reaction score
Steam
Von_Kalev
Cerebella Robo Fortune
According to the old notes she draws inspiration from Holy Order Sol, May and Shuma-Gorath. But we don't know if these inspirations are still being considered. Someone who was watching one of Umbrella's streams said that she may be inspired by Venom (MvC) too?

Reactions: tristePinguino

Post on Steam discussing Umbrella's inclusion and planned gameplay:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/245170/view/3056232996621909213

I'm so excited to see how Umbrella will evolve throughout development once she enters the beta!

The Steam post states that she's meant to be a character with limited mobility but great range. Umbrella joining the cast is all I've ever wanted, but as a Filia main, I fear she may be far beyond my comfort zone, lol.

The team's begun running animation streams again! In one such stream, the Senior Animator worked on a special attack that looks very similar to Venom Fang (MvC). It even seems to travel in an arc. Shown in this tweet:

In the most recent animation stream (at the time of this writing), the Lead Animator worked on one of Umbrella's Blockbusters. It straight-up looks like Mystic Stare (MvC):
The text at the top reads "FULL SCREEN ATTACK".
Umbrella Blockbuster.png

Reactions: Caleb
Cool!

That mechanic about consuming food and changing attack properties sounds like a mixture of Sin Kyske and ABA to some extent. I'm very curious, she's definetely going to be an interesting addition to the roster!