• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

I used to have some respect for Peacock players who PBGC into the punch move...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way this is even relevant is if you happen to press back during the very end of the pbgc period, in which case, wtf you are doing everything wrong already.
Ding ding ding! If you timed your punch move wrong and started it late (like I've been saying), and you started your fireball with back, then you get to block! You just agreed with me while trying to argue a disagreement.
Wait pbgc into h drill is a QCF????? do you not respect Fukua players either?
Really? H drill?
Just play Fortune

EDIT:

or your own character (which inputs 236 for a reversal too)
PtdpCJH.png
I don't know what any of these pictures mean other than whoever is that close to peacock doing a combo starting with cr. mp is a bad player.

I don't know what any of these pictures mean other than whoever is that close to peacock doing a combo starting with cr. mp is a bad player.

He means you can dodge Peacock's MP bang with the moves he showed. You can even punish her with a CH combo with them.

Although, the only practical one is Fortune's. Fukua's you need to delay it a significant amount to be able to dodge or CH Peacock, which leaves a big enough gap for her to do throw or a light. Squigly's is a bit easier to use than Fukua's, but you still can't really cover 2 options at once with it. With Fortune, you just need to make sure you meaty the wakeup with 2LP and mash it out and you'll get a combo if they tried anything.

Of course, if you have a lockdown assist, this would help cover Peacock's other options that would punish you for trying to hit her out of MP bang.

cant tell if real or scrubquotes bait

Someone prntscrn just in case, I can only hold one scrubquote in my sig at a time.

Squigly's is practical too, you just mash c.lk till counterhit

In my testing, when I was trying to meaty the first 2LK to cover any wakeup options while dodging MP bang but, MP bang would hit me. So, maybe I was timing it wrong, but it's still harder than Fortune's.

Just gonna say, it feels easier to screw up a DP compared to a QCF when you are in game under pressure, even if you practice the motion a lot.

Reactions: MegamanDS
Honestly I don't understand this kind of snarky salty threads
If you think a character is OP why aren't you playing it
Makes things way easier for everybody

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Honestly I don't understand this kind of snarky salty threads
If you think a character is OP why aren't you playing it
Makes things way easier for everybody
On the one hand, if I think something particularly cheap I try to avoid it. Part of why you don't see me playing Beowulf online, and Robo's lasers make me feel dirty inside. On the other, I'm not exactly "good," so I'm probably not indicative of the main player base.

I'm not sure what is worse, the fact that you have to mess up so bad that his point is even remotely relevant, or the fact that he also plays a character that has access to the exact same thing he is arguing about.

Reactions: Cheesedragon
Dunno if you're watching the NC right now but Mr Peck and his opponent just teabagged at each other
There are no morals in fighting games
There's only victory
I was referring to my (lack of) skills, not honor. And I can only be so nice when trying to trap people in a corner of murderous cat-girl pain. :P

Though I must admit, that kind of behavior is, well, sad.

Well you can decide to not play the OP character because don't feel right using it or it doesn't match your style too. Personally I'd play all the characters I think are OP but I really hate their movement and playstyle etc. but this doesn't matter.

You can actually react to Peacock doing MP bang because she says something (so this would be your audio cue to delay an invuln move or something that avoids mp bang) way before MP bang even comes out and as far as I remember you can't do pbgc call assist because the game will only let you call your assist when you would've been out of hitstun rather than where you cut hitstun doing pbgc so she has to commit to it or die trying although my data is based on what I can try to remember.

I don't think punch move makes peacock op. It's good in the right situations... But she actually deserves it.

The thing that makes peacock stupid is item drop release not having an animation, and that in itself not being balanced by item call having a significant startup time.

Think of new May in GG. Her dolphins are like item drop in a way. But the fucking dolphins have WAY more startup time to offset their power. Meh, this isn't GG so yeah. But still the primary thing that pisses me off about peacock is how fast her teleports are and the fact that item drop release has no animation, or severe startup handicap.

But, I mean. No one agrees 100% with everything in any fighting game.

I never said Peacock was OP or broken. I think she's on the bottom half of the tier list. I think that move is broken for how simple it is to input which was the main point of this thread. The move I think wouldn't be OP/broken to me if the input was a DP. That's all I'm trying to say.

But I like this thread, would make again.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I never said Peacock was OP or broken. I think she's on the bottom half of the tier list. I think that move is broken for how simple it is to input which was the main point of this thread. The move I think wouldn't be OP/broken to me if the input was a DP. That's all I'm trying to say.

But I like this thread, would make again.
But you are totally ok with Fukua having the exact same reversal? Same input and everything.

I think that move is broken for how simple it is to input
That's the most bizarre complain I've ever read about this whole game

I think that move is broken for how simple it is to input which was the main point of this thread. The move I think wouldn't be OP/broken to me if the input was a DP.
What, because DPs are hard? And even if they were, balancing moves by giving them harder inputs is just not a good idea. Isn't that something this game was supposed to get away from?

you mean so I can cancel anything into a reversal a moment's notice?

Dog you play Fortune ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm no dog I'm a cool cat.

Reactions: joshb911
You're argument wasn't valid to begin with. All I am hearing from you is "I have a hard time inputing :DP: moves."
I think that move is broken for how simple it is to input which was the main point of this thread.
At this point.... I REALLY hope this is just a troll thread.

You're argument wasn't valid to begin with. All I am hearing from you is "I have a hard time inputing :DP: moves."

At this point.... I REALLY hope this is just a troll thread.
So easy moves that are really good should be allowed? Boy do I have a game for you. It's about robots. There are no inputs, just buttons that do moves for you.

So easy moves that are really good should be allowed? Boy do I have a game for you. It's about robots. There are no inputs, just buttons that do moves for you.
Again...... :DP: moves are just as easy to do as :QCF: moves. Changing the input for MP BANG from :QCF: to :DP: does NOT make it less or more OP. It just means players have to input a different command. Would giving MP BANG a stupid motion like :HCB::Arrow: make you happy? Changing the input is not the answer for fixing an OP move. I don't think you know how ridiculous your argument is.

Again...... :DP: moves are just as easy to do as :QCF: moves. Changing the input for MP BANG from :QCF: to :DP: does NOT make it less or more OP. It just means players have to input a different command. Would giving MP BANG a stupid motion like :HCB::Arrow: make you happy? Changing the input is not the answer for fixing an OP move. I don't think you know how ridiculous your argument is.
I think the point of the entire PBGC thing went over your head.

Do you want me to respect Peacock players? Fine, I respect them again. Guess the input doesn't matter. Timing doesn't matter. Nothing matters. Just hit the opponent.

I think the point of the entire PBGC thing went over your head.
Nope, not at all. My point remains the same whether PBGC is involved or not. You still don't seem to be getting my point, but I don't really care anymore honestly. I guess I can't convince you and you're just going to try too hard to be right even though there are very obvious flaws in your argument. Seriously, there are plenty of people here who say you're wrong. Heck... You should probably start explaining why PBGC Platonic Drillationship and PBGC MP BANG are sooooo different. Or.... you know... kill this thread.

No one is taking you seriously for this post alone. :D:
I think that move is broken for how simple it is to input which was the main point of this thread. The move I think wouldn't be OP/broken to me if the input was a DP.
Ok.... I'll just end it here. Bye.

So, if I understand things correctly, Dan is advocating pretzel motions

Status
Not open for further replies.