• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

If Marie is announced, what will happen to her final boss version?

the_rpg_king

Reaction score
PSN
rpgking20
Unknown Double Robo Fortune
I've been contemplating on what will happen to Marie's final boss version if her playable version gets announced for the Season Pass.

Last edited:

tristePinguino

Droppin' combos like they're hot!
Reaction score
Filia
If this comes to pass, I think it'd be neat if Marie's encounter in Fukua's Story Mode was replaced with her playable version. Especially since Filia's meant to be her final boss.

Last edited:

Chrono_Tata

When's Adam
Reaction score
Steam
Chrono_Tata
PSN
Chrono_Tata
Cerebella Painwheel Unknown
If this comes to pass, I think it'd be neat if Marie's encounter in Fukua's Story Mode was replaced with her playable version. Especially since Filia's meant to be her final boss.
Fukua's story is actually a "boss rush" with all the characters in the game (as of the original 2E release) in the reverse order of when they were made. That's why Boss Marie is in the middle just before the original 8 characters. If we get playable Marie I think they should just add her at the beginning of the story as the latest character along with all the new DLC characters to maintain the theme.

Having said that, they didn't update her story with Annie either, so I'm not sure if they wanna change it. Fukua's story has the most encounters as it is so it might not be a great idea to make it longer lol.

Reactions: Holy Goose

Holy Goose

Science Shark Supporter
Reaction score
Steam
eestifisher
Unknown Unknown Unknown
Nothing, I hope.
Otherwise that would be weird. Seems like too much work for nothing.
Different versions of Marie (and Eliza, and the Trinity) can coexist peacefully.

Having said that, they didn't update her story with Annie either, so I'm not sure if they wanna change it.
Changing it would be strange, story-wise. Same for Umbrella.

Chrono_Tata

When's Adam
Reaction score
Steam
Chrono_Tata
PSN
Chrono_Tata
Cerebella Painwheel Unknown
Changing it would be strange, story-wise. Same for Umbrella.
They did update her story when Eliza, Beowulf and Robo came out, so it's not completely out of the question I think.

You can see here in 2014, her story started with the Big Band fight.

Reactions: Holy Goose

Holy Goose

Science Shark Supporter
Reaction score
Steam
eestifisher
Unknown Unknown Unknown
They did update her story when Eliza, Beowulf and Robo came out, so it's not completely out of the question I think.

You can see here in 2014, her story started with the Big Band fight.
But Eliza, Beowulf and Robo-Fortune never appeared in the stinger in her story mode :PUN:

PaperBag_Sniper

Shabadoobi Touch Henshin!
Reaction score
Steam
PaperBag_Sniper
XBL
Bottomless Bag
Robo Fortune
I'd like it if they replaced her in story mode and maybe just kept her final phase as some kind of victory lap. Marie has never been a hard boss but it also doesn't play to any of the strengths of a fighting game to wail on a mostly static health sponge that you can't even grab or put in hitstun. In an ideal world she could be given the boss treatment that someone like I-No did with a unique super attack but otherwise is just a regular character fight.
We already have her skeletal summons and that weird energy man as assets so maybe just recycle those.