• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

I'm McPeanuts I made a thread

Now it's clearly visible at the top of page 2. We have to see this for an entire page. Legendary.

Now it's clearly visible at the top of page 2. We have to see this for an entire page. Legendary.
This will probably motivate me to update the thread often!

Reactions: gllt and Hilary
Aw I'm so sorry I didn't mean to have this happen. :C

Plz don't hate me, I love you Nuts. <3

Reactions: gllt
Seriously though, resetting midscreen positions as much as you want with teleport+assist is really good imo. Skarmand and TJ both uses variations of the theme, and I think it's probably the single biggest difference between them and any other Peacock players.

While doing this puts pressure on you to read approaches well and respond correctly, I feel like that's still better than getting marched to a corner when someone actually does know how to get in on Peacock slowly but surely. It also places a lot more pressure on them to block that shit, which I can tell you takes quite a bit of situational practice (i.e., tracking the camera movement during the teleport) that most people you run into in a bracket won't have.

Reactions: gllt and mcpeanuts
I don't get it

*gasp*
My word

My Fortune is the cat's pajamas thank YOU very much

Okay yeah team peacock/bella/big band does a lot of damage. Peacock/big band/bella might be the better team order though because of the ability to combo to 235 undizzy and dhc from fullscreen all the way to bella -> another ground combo. You also get the ability to super on incoming, and while not good its better than bella's nothing on incoming.

idk which beat extend you want to use though. L and M are both really good. Though its important to note that comboing off of beat extend nets you no real combo damage, but its a good reversal/assist snatcher/happy birthday starter/blockstun achiever/reset partner assist.

Reactions: Mr Peck and gllt
L extend assist works way better than M in my experience. Here are their respective hitboxes before they lose their invincibility:

NvFgbcA.jpg
UAQWLuV.jpg

Okay yeah team peacock/bella/big band does a lot of damage. Peacock/big band/bella might be the better team order though because of the ability to combo to 235 undizzy and dhc from fullscreen all the way to bella -> another ground combo. You also get the ability to super on incoming, and while not good its better than bella's nothing on incoming.

idk which beat extend you want to use though. L and M are both really good. Though its important to note that comboing off of beat extend nets you no real combo damage, but its a good reversal/assist snatcher/happy birthday starter/blockstun achiever/reset partner assist.
I can never remember this, can you call assists after you DHC? Because if I can do Argus DHC SSJ DHC Dynamo then use the L Beat Extend to get a full combo, that would be 8mazing. I have never played a Peacock team that couldn't full combo off a full screen Argus, I like having that option. (Having Bella 2nd I would be able to do that by hustling rocks... but... that's boring :x )

L Beat Extend is the correct Beat Extend as Peck said. There's actually a thread about it on the Big Band forums.

Yeah, you can do that. Which also means you can combo after midscreen reversal SSJ the same way, if you have enough meter to DHC to Dynamo. It's pretty good!

Having Bella 2nd I would be able to do that by hustling rocks... but... that's boring :x

Mc "I hate breathing fire on people and killing them because the accumulated ennui of being a death dragon is a crippling burden to bear" Peanuts

article-2406094-1B863EA1000005DC-831_310x433.jpg

I promise next time I post it'll be constructive. I'm sorry mcpeanuts.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Mc "I hate breathing fire on people and killing them because the accumulated ennui of being a death dragon is a crippling burden to bear" Peanuts
Most of the teams I've played have had some kind of clever way to set up a full combo off Argus (DHC to cat heads, link Car / DHC to Car, DHC again to Hatred install / DHC to Opera, DHC again to SSJ). Comparing that to level 3, yeah I think that's boring!

Reactions: gllt and Hilary
y
Because I love you. And also Bees. but uh yeah. Peacock, Squigly, and anchor Band is good. Which assist do you run with Peacock? Air George? if so then you've gotten pretty much everything covered for ya. Brass for armored pressure, dragon bite for crossups and combo extenders, air george for space control. You could swap Brass for beat extend but then that means that peacock would have to be much closer to your opponent and might run a higher risk of her being punished. IDK if think your team is very well balanced. my team... not so much, band has to do all the work.

Got a chance to play a bunch of games against @Deer with the Peacock/Big Band/Bella team. This team is fun! Didn't realize how much I missed having a DP assist until I had one again. Once I have any idea at all how to play Bella I think this team will be pretty solid. One thing I was having some trouble figuring out was how to get the best use out of LnL assist when Big Band is on point. I was trying to just like, call it and slowly follow it in, which Deer would usually upback away from. I guess that's fine, I can use it to work my opponent to the corner, but I should try to figure out if there's some better ways I can use it to cover my approach. First thing I'm thinking is like, j.HK + call LnL, that might be a thing.

First thing I'm thinking is like, j.HK + call LnL, that might be a thing.

Try jMK(1) too. Instant overhead etc

You could call LNL, Brass, -> ????

I tend to call it in the middle of my block strings, as it'll beat mashed supers if its far enough into the animation and keep me safe if I don't commit to something poorly. beat extend + lnl might also be a thing I would check.

Think of LNL as a way to hit assists hard, add damage to your bnb, control space and if you notice someone keeps jumping go for air throws maybe?

Also don't forget that having LNL assist means you also have an alpha counter option with 2 bars. It's a lot of resources, but Cerebella is a vortex/momentum based character so its worth it.

I was trying to just like, call it and slowly follow it in, which Deer would usually upback away from. I guess that's fine, I can use it to work my opponent to the corner, but I should try to figure out if there's some better ways I can use it to cover my approach.
Calling LnL causes it to make people upback? Hrm... if only there were an attack that BB could use to take advantage of this. Some sort of unblockable anti-air move that pushes him forward with a locomotive motion, a train if you will

Nah, but really LnL is more of an armored insurance for moves that commonly get punished on block, like Giant Step or as you said j.HK

edit: beaten while joking

Try jMK(1) too. Instant overhead etc
This does work but it's harder to set up than with DNB. You have to call it really preemptively.
Calling LnL causes it to make people upback? Hrm... if only there were an attack that BB could use to take advantage of this. Some sort of unblockable anti-air move that pushes him forward with a locomotive motion, a train if you will
Can't A-Train while moving forward + H A-Train whiffs from full screen against someone jumping backwards = not really that useful for that. But dekillsensei's idea of air grabbing them seems pretty solid.

Something I forgot to list in my big list of teams was Peacock/Big Band/Fukua. I should give that a try again. My reasons for dropping that team weren't very good:

-Had trouble finding colors I liked
-I felt bad about dropping Squigly
-That's it

I think for some reason I wanted to prove that Squigly can be a viable character in this game, but Guitalex is doing that for me so I guess I don't have to worry about it too much. And it would be neat to have not 1 but 2 characters that throw fireballs, that's kind of my jam.
I'm in a similar boat of juggling team members/assists and I'm confused as hell. I would like to request we run a set (after your lab with dekillseinen up there, when you're up to it) and see what some of our theory teams we're speculating on do to each other. Already have you on steam (finally) so I'll hit you up (or you can hit me up) if you're up for it. (Up, up, and away.)
@gllt if you're still up for this I should be around tonight, and I'm all out of anime to watch so ain't nothin holdin me back

you're so innocent for thinking those were twitter tabs also i'll edit this later and put in real things about the fight ok bye headaches suck

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Crossunder hornet (also irony?) bomber

Things to work on based on my notes here:
-Work on the situational combos more:
  • Midscreen assist kills (with everyone)
Why do people not practice those? They are the most boner-inducing combos ever.

Cool Ways To Murder Guymelef
-Knife
-Gun
-Explosion
-Wizard
-Bees? (Irony?)
-Knife-gun
You forgot Gun Knife. it's a gun that shoots out knives. where the Knife gun is just a knife with a gun on the bottom of it. And if you want Explosions my alt persona Walter Tetrazene aka ExplosionForce can hook you up. Unless you gonna stick with ExplosionWizard. then that's cool too, i guess.

The commentators always complain. "He's not doing anything interesting bleh." They gotta be more hype, this game is hard.

Reactions: dragonos451

I think it's because they require some effort unlike a lot of Doublesnaps which are fairly easy, and I guess the situation for midscreen kills are rarer? So I guess it's like "You know, I already have a corner double snap combo, I think I'm good for now".

Another long post from me in this thread. Sorry for making long posts. Sorry for writing words about Skullgirls on this, Skullheart, the forum for discussing the game Skullgirls. The dating sim thread is the most active thread. Hail Satan. Here are my notes.

I played about 70 games last night. First 30 were against zeknife while I was using Peacock/Big Band with L Beat Extend as my Big Band assist. This went better than I would have thought. Granted zeknife was also trying alternate teams, but just in general I didn't feel gimped for not having a horizontal invincible forward moving assist to complement my zoning. There were times it would have been nice and times where I called Beat Extend from full screen expecting it to be Brass, but for the most part I was able to do the zoning good enough with just Peacock, and then when zeknife got in it was real nice to have Beat Extend as a reversal option. So playing just these two characters seems viable if I wanna go that route.

The rest of the games were against gllt, playing different Peacock/Big Band/x teams while he played all sorts of different teams (gllt plays like every character in the game I guess, it's crazy). I tried these teams out:

Peacock/Big Band/Eliza
Started with bed assist, but I switched that out after 5 games since it wasn't really helping my zoning as much as I would have liked (gllt was also using bed assist for these 5 games, and our beds kept running into each other and exploding). Switched to Butcher's Blade and that's a serious assist, holy cow. You have to call it a bit preemptively if you want to use it for zoning, since otherwise they can tend to get over it. But it stays out for a long time, puts them in a lot of blockstun so I can back up and throw more shit on the screen, and has armor. The armor isn't great for reversals but it's something, there are resets I could do with it that would beat mashed out whatevers, it also tended to beat other assists. The meter cost on this thing is pretty serious, though. There were a lot of times where I was like "wait, what's going on here, I'm Peacock, why don't I have bar". Like if the idea is to build meter with Peacock to later use for Sekhmet, that plan is no good if I use this assist. Also, the assist stays out for a long time. Lots of situations where I would call Eliza and that assist would hit, then a bit later Beat Extend wouldn't be available when I needed it. Kind of insane how much recovery this assist has.

Peacock/Big Band/Fukua
I've tried H Love Dart and M Shadow assists with Fukua in the past, here I tried H Drill. Was initially hesitant to use a zoning assist with no invincibility but it actually worked out pretty well. Drill has good priority and did okay against Hornet Bomber (seems like between Drill and Hornet Bomber, the one that's called second will win, which is all I can ask for against Hornet Bomber really). What I really liked about Drill is that it's also a great assist for Big Band; most other things I've tried that are good for Peacock are serviceable at best for Big Band, but this gave me everything I like from Drag N Bite (lockdown + safe way to convert off instant j.MK) while also being faster to start up and covering space faster, making it also good for neutral and counter calls and stuff.

Peacock/Big Band/Bella
Using H LnL for Bella again. I mean this team is still good but honestly going to this from the Fukua team it felt a little underwhelming. I actually liked Drill more than LnL for zoning, and it still feels like an awkward assist to use with Big Band.

For the last 10 games I went back to the Fukua team since that one felt the best and I mean, not for nothing, but Fukua is the only character who did anything on point out of these characters. I like her neutral the best (she throws fireballs <3). So I think going forward I am going to try Fukua as my 3rd character. Next thing I wanna do is learn the optimal combos for her and try playing her on point for a while.

What's the midscreen assist kill for Fukua?

Some midscreen assist kills require.. no effort.

Eliza: jLK jHP adc jLK jHP x N (after restand)

What's the midscreen assist kill for Fukua?
Really?

OK until you land in front of the dead body, I don't have to say it's s.HP j.HK...

Once you know you're going to land past the body, s.HP xx Mk Shadow. If they get too low, add c.MP first or do LK Shadow instead. The best part of LK Shadow is that even though timing it is a little harder, the uncombo allows you to take your time using the OTG.

The important part of shadow midscreen kills is that you do NOT HIT THE POINT WITH A SHADOW. If you do, you will have to use a different shadow to uncombo then after uncombo you can keep hitting with the same shadow.

Last edited: