• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

So since he kills people that don't fit his world order, I think it's safe to say that he's a
social dharwinist.

How dare you not add Pujna at the end of it, you blasphemer?

from now on we lost a digit, so the goal doesn't look as far away as it used to be, aswell

Since we're at a nice round number where we can take stock of how things are going, I think a comparison to a recent IGG campaign is appropriate: Them's Fightin' Herds. In its last ten days, it made $280,802, or about 48% of its ending amount. 48% for us would be like... $730k. Now, there's a lot of difference between this campaign and that one, but it illustrates that a huge amount of funding can be gained in those final days.

Since we're at a nice round number where we can take stock of how things are going, I think a comparison to a recent IGG campaign is appropriate: Them's Fightin' Herds. In its last ten days, it made $280,802, or about 48% of its ending amount. Now, there's a lot of difference between this campaign and that one, but it illustrates that a huge amount of funding can be gained in those final days.
I really agree with this. Let's not be too optimistic as that can make us spread the game around less, but it isn't a death sentence yet. I was one of the people who thought that Them's Fighting Herds wasn't going to be successfully funded, and it ended up getting funded and with two stretch goals; because of the result of that, I'm a lot less negative of our chances here.

Not only that. Our 10 first days were kind of a disaster for "usual crowdfunding behavior". And then we got a good steady donation pace. The campaign is not really going that poorly. It's something we need to be a bit worried about and spread the word, yeah. But we shouldn't lose hope.

Let's hope we can look back at this very moment someday and say "remember when we doubted Indivisible was going to get funded? Now tell me who's your main team."

Anyone willing to do some math will find some interesting conjectural data. Like, for example, if everyone in the $750-and-below tiers moved up just one tier, today, we'd add another quarter million to the campaign. Or, if everyone in the $125-and-below tiers doubled their contribution, we'd get roughly the same.

Or, if everyone in the $750-and-below tiers moved up a tier TODAY, and then doubled that contribution, we'd be at $1.12m. OR, if we assume flat growth over the next 13 days, and have them all move up a tier and then double their contribution, we'd be at... $1.58m. And that last number doesn't even take into account the better-than-flat growth campaigns see in the end.

I GOT LOST IN EXCEL, IS WHAT I'M SAYING

Getting to our goal will take both the surge of latecomers, and the current crowd digging a little deep than originally planed. The real takeaway from all this silly math is this: The best thing anyone in the <$100 tiers can do is bump up your contribution. If you've got $30 to spare, see if you have $75, instead.

sigh... I would like to, but the thing is... I'm at the 175 tier and the next lvl is the 250. I kinda can't spend that amount at this second given the fact that I need money to have... food, and internet, and other things... :I

Fine... I'll go digging thru my couch for spare quarters and shit.

I got a Youtube check coming in soon.. I'll dump my paypal again when it lands into Indiv... which.. isn't much at all =( I'm not famous...

Well, I singled out the $30 folks because that's the kind of money that can afford to be doubled (or more). Another $30 or $45 shouldn't be bankrupting anyone. I understand if people in the bigger tiers can't do more, that's understandable.

Bottom line, though, nobody should be putting themselves at financial risk.

Well, I singled out the $30 folks because that's the kind of money that can afford to be doubled (or more). Another $30 or $45 shouldn't be bankrupting anyone. I understand if people in the bigger tiers can't do more, that's understandable.

Bottom line, though, nobody should be putting themselves at financial risk.
Yo Kai you don't understand most of those people are teenagers they don't have no cash. they don't have no job. another 30 bucks would mean they would have to go to their mum or dad to ask for money and they would "for what?"

No kid wants to go thru that.

on the plus side I found a crumpled up 10 dollar bill under my bed :-)

now to spend this on pizza... or Indivisible?

I'm planning to upgrade from thirty when November's budget comes around, hopefully other people are too. It's kind of funny- I figure, if I'd have to pay shipping on the $60 tier, I may as well go full $75 so Lab Zero gets that cash instead of the post office. But yeah, count me in the "would love to support more, but things are tight right now" club.

I've been sending CV's to get a job, making tests, since April.
I decided to open commissions since about 1 month ago.

And i still don't have money to put into the campaign.

Like, nothing, and the only way now is if i get something with commissions, because it would take a least 1 month to receive payment for a job here.

You guys are doing everything you are able to, so don't go over what you can.

Remember, the Bloodstained campaign gets almost a million in the day 1 and a million in last day. Ok... this is a 5.5 million campaign, but can illustrate the possibilities. Its possible gets the 1kk in the 18 days!!! We need only hit more people.

It's also by someone who's like, stupid famous...

New Incarnation released:
CScD5vdW4AAZu3w.png:small

Kaldi - an expert knife thrower who loves his homeland and good coffee.

I know, but we not asking for 5.5 m. Is only to illustrate: its possible!

And a new Incarnation are up :D

(im hope for some Indivisible shout in the next Bloodstained update... this can help us :D )

Kaldi - an expert knife thrower who loves his homeland and good coffee.
I suppose I'd dislike the design of an incarnation eventually. I don't really like this one
good coffee.
although I have to say that he at least has good taste

I don't know, this guy and the falconeer girl, they look very chill and calm.

Only an insensible murderer has this look, they are the villains, i'm telling now.

But he likes coffe, like me, and his design is dope, and throwing knives is always a good way to fight.

Hold on.
Those hooks look like hammers without iron parts and sickles crossed.

Plus he likes his homeland. Either I'm imagining things or he's going to be my comrade.

But maybe I'm imagining things

Reactions: Kit Ballard
Personally, I really like his design. If it wasn't for that nose, I'd latch onto this char's design.

New incarnation dude seems like he'd be the "Brock" of the team. Minus the horn dog nature.

Reactions: Kit Ballard
Lab Zero, dedicated people, this is why I love them since Skullgirls:

Kaldi was a legendary Ethiopian goatherd who discovered the coffee plant, according to popular legend. Kaldi, noticing that when his flock nibbled on the bright red berries of a certain bush they became more energetic (jumping goats), chewed on the fruit himself. His exhilaration prompted him to bring the berries to an Islamic monk in a nearby monastery, but the monk disapproved of their use and threw them into a fire, from which an enticing aroma billowed. The roasted beans were quickly raked from the embers, ground up, and dissolved in hot water, yielding the world's first cup of coffee.

At this point I'm super hyped for Aztec dude.

Rule of cool, Ninja. Those could work as sword breakers too, I think.

Kaldi looks pretty good, I find it fine that what I thought were sickles are knives because Dhar has a sword which looks more like a spatula, also he is coffee guy so that is aces in my books.

Been doing a bit of thought into but by the time the campaign hits 1 million and fifty thousand we would hit all the incarnations at this point, so I am wondering what they would do after that point, maybe character moves or sketches to get more hype and such.

Oh hey, Full Bio:

Kaldi began as a coffee bean farmer and goatherd, but has always harbored a passion for throwing knives. He prides himself on his custom knife designs - ideal for throwing and for harvesting crops in the field - and has made a modest business of selling them to civilians and soldiers alike.

Being so relaxed and friendly in demeanor, it's at times hard to imagine Kaldi cutting down foes with deadly accuracy. But when the Iron Kingdom invaded his homeland, killing his friends and pillaging the crops and animals of his livelihood, Kaldi took up the arms he crafted to fight back.

After helping to drive the enemy forces away, he wants to ensure that his country won't be threatened again, and is eager share with the rest of the world his fine artisan blades and a good cup of coffee.

Kaldi is my coffee bro, would share a cup of java with/10.

We're also officially on our way to SAMURAI NUN, YEAAAAH!sorry

We've been getting playable incarnations so far haven't we? I imagine once those are all revealed they'll start showing non-playable ones and if they still need more reveals after that then they'll probably show monsters.

Dhar's sword is a Kachin Dha, it's not suitable for stabbing attacks, for obvious reasons. Also, we're getting cross katana next, so...

what sorta like Sais? Because the great thing about sais
If you really have to do this kinda annoying BS, OVER AND OVER, how about: the side point also gives you a corner that you can use to stop another blade from sliding down at your hand.

As someone who loves Blades, I've already thought of several ways to use these weapons.. though "Throwing" them does leave it a bit of Hit and Miss.. why he's an "expert" at it hehehe. The weapons for Melee range are very deadly, and can counter many weapons with little effort.