• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

How does she put the sword away if the sheath is on the side that she holds it?

You flip it over into reverse-grip or just fully rotate your wrist. Its a little bit awkward but no big deal.

At least its not on her back. Back Scabbards are all kinds of awkward for any sword longer than your forearm and I get pretty annoyed whenever I see one in media. Next time you're watching a movie where the main character has a big-ass sword in a scabbard on their back, watch carefully as they conveniently cut away form the character every time they draw their weapon to hide how stupidly difficult it is to draw a big sword from a scabbard on your back. Also note that how when its done in video games the sword will clip-though the scabbard every time the weapon is drawn.

Edit - Which reminds me Antoine's design is missing a scabbard. Also he's using a Smallsword instead of a full-sized Rapier which bugs me but that's more of a personal preference thing. It is probably fine in-character for him to be wielding a gentlemen's dueling sword over a real weapon since he's a diplomat, I just don't like how they look.

Last edited:
Magnet backs are all the rage man

At least its not on her back. Back Scabbards are all kinds of awkward for any sword longer than your forearm and I get pretty annoyed whenever I see one in media. Next time you're watching a movie where the main character has a big-ass sword in a scabbard on their back, watch carefully as they conveniently cut away form the character every time they draw their weapon to hide how stupidly difficult it is to draw a big sword from a scabbard on your back. Also note that how when its done in video games the sword will clip-though the scabbard every time the weapon is drawn.

Impa does it pretty convincingly, but at the same time, the design of the scabbard helps a lot.

Impa does it pretty convincingly, but at the same time, the design of the scabbard helps a lot.

Well I guess that's easy if you just... don't bother to animate her putting the sword back in the scabard? Seems a bit lazy to me.

During the cut-scenes the shots cut to a black screen or change angles every time she draws or sheaths it and in gameplay the thing just teleports to avoid clipping though stuff.

Stuff like that bugs me way more than the magnet-backs because the animators KNOW they can't animate her drawing the weapon properly so they just cheat instead of addressing the problem.

Qadira's back story sounds pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to see her story unfold in the final game.

Also, wooo, on the road to reaching 7 digits!

Wait trained by HER brother? Oh gosh we got a Shiek here! Oh boy this is good.
Shiek is good, my first thought was Mulan.

Well I guess that's easy if you just... don't bother to animate her putting the sword back in the scabard? Seems a bit lazy to me.

During the cut-scenes the shots cut to a black screen or change angles every time she draws or sheaths it and in gameplay the thing just teleports to avoid clipping though stuff.

Stuff like that bugs me way more than the magnet-backs because the animators KNOW they can't animate her drawing the weapon properly so they just cheat instead of addressing the problem.

After some attacks she'll kick the sword from the ground back into the scabbard, but you're right, they did make things a lot easier for themselves by skipping over it the majority of the time.

Man, hate to sound rude and offensive, if it wasn't for her description, I would have totally thought she was a man. I thought it was a man lol
I think that is the idea...

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
Well then glad things worked out then!
She's pretending to be her kidnapped brother it seems like and she had to be trained in martial arts in secret, so yeah, definitely trying to pretend she's a guy.

I would say that breast is pretty prominent for a male one. And eyes do give her away. I _really_ like her design. It is especially fun to compare her to Phoebe and see what these visual differences tell us about them and their lives.

I would say that breast is pretty prominent for a male one. And eyes do give her away. I _really_ like her design. It is especially fun to compare her to Phoebe and see what these visual differences tell us about them and their lives.
Most classical armor is rather pronounced in the chest regardless of gender. Without the eyes and name I would have totally figured she was male.

Side note regarding Calibretto's immensity:

Mulan Incarnation.

She's pretending to be her kidnapped brother it seems like and she had to be trained in martial arts in secret, so yeah, definitely trying to pretend she's a guy.

I cannot fucking read for shit. Maybe this is why I should go to college. Thanks!

Sorry for being so inept.

Edit: Deleted previous post cause I am a dumbass

Pfft! Is Persona for real? That's actually pretty funny and also makes a ton of sense; I'm guessing that the trade-off for those restrictions would be his overwhelming power once you have the right conditions to use him.
ExodiatheForbiddenOne-TF04-JP-VG.jpg

New Incarnation!

Qadira
View attachment 12298

Secretly trained by her brother in the ways of combat, young Qadira became quite a formidable fighter. When she was finally of age, she joined her brother at the battlefront against the encroaching Iron Kingdom...only to learn that it was not a woman's place to fight, but instead to tend the wounded and distribute supplies. Crestfallen but undeterred, Qadira worked earnestly as a nurse, remaining ever near her brother.

Then the unthinkable happened - she received word that during an assault her brother had been captured. Without hesitation she donned his spare armor and signature green sash, and rushed into combat.

That day, in a dazzling display of skill, a mysterious warrior single-handedly turned the tide of battle. But with no sign of her brother, and now wary of revealing her true identity, Qadira's quest is only just beginning.

Super cool. I don't know my Eurasian stuff as much as I do my Mesoamerican and South American stuff, but she looks Ottoman inspired to me, which is neat

Though this reveal will probably increase the amount of trolls in the /vg/ thread which will suck.

It was a difficult decision because this is extremely exhausting / we were (are still!) worried about how it will look to people / now the campaign ends between Black Friday and Christmas, which might be worse? Also, extending and not making it (always a possibility) looks much worse than just not making it initially.

Thanks for the honesty in talking about how the team discussed the extension.

Most classical armor is rather pronounced in the chest regardless of gender. Without the eyes and name I would have totally figured she was male.

Uh, there's pretty much no ceiling too low for him to fit in the prototype, will there be in the full game?

And thank God boss rooms are always roomy.

How much does localization for one language cost? I'm awed by the amount of work put into the lore and setting of the game, yet at the same time extremely saddened by the fact that there's probably never going to be an official release in Chinese. It's a pity when there's so much Asian stuff in it (and a whole area based on China no less).

I mean, business-wise it's likely the right choice and I'd totally agree that it's probably not going to sell a lot...but still.

The new reveal's art style reminds me in a way of Final Fantasy Tatics... though it could also just be me waking up =_=

Oh that guy, I love his article on Kof and Darkstalkers.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, if it's not, a mod can correct me, but:

The person who made the "A Buddhist's guide to Asura's Wrath" articles made a similar one for indivisble: http://art-eater.com/2015/11/the-real-life-inspirations-behind-indivisible/

Also this makes me think about how cool it would be if asura were somehow a guest incarnation, but that would probably never happen.
Very cool. When Indivisible comes out, he's really going to have his work cut out for him. It looks like Indiv will be to world cultures as Skullgirls was to fighting games and pop culture.

I don't know why Capcom's pretty much dropped Asura. He was a fun character, and I seem to recall a lot of people wanting him in MvC 3. Lending himm to Lab Zero would probably foster a lot of audience good-will for Capcom, but they seem to be focusing on pushing SFV right now. Considering Necalli in SFV, Asura would be a good fit there, too. His V-trigger can sprout those extra arms of his.

On second thought, Asura wouldn't work for Indivisible- any time Ajna, Kushi, or Nuna get hurt at all, he would horribly murderize every opponent in a five mile radius. Kinda hard to work with.

Qadira cool mulan like character. Kinda wish her back story wasn't shown. Reverse-trap would have been a nice reveal in the full game. also on side note darn now that we have a reverse-trap do we have to get a trap? or since i mentioned it it won't happen >:)

Reactions: Cas Chronon
I don't know why Capcom's pretty much dropped Asura
It's Capcom... They drop everything but Street Fighter. But even then they drop copies of the game instead =p

I feel like if his game was more of a game than an interactive anime they'd give it a better chance. I really liked the game(?) tho.

Reactions: Professor Icepick
Hey guys, I got an idea to help with Calibretto "little" problem:

(I don't know about Ajna or Calibretto personalities, so I give a generic suggestion who can be changed to fit this characters personalities).

First then all, them whatever we do to call the guest incarnations is used to call Bretto, Ajna will happily welcome the new huge member, but another incarnation states the fact Bretto is too huge to fit the small places the group wanders. Bretto declines the invitation saying he don't want be a problem to the group. Ajna sadly accept the decline but promises find a solution. In this point, Bretto will not join the party.

Now some Incarnation gets a new quest (in whatever way the quest are granted in the Inner Realm). In this quest we need find an item (magical, mechanic, interdimensional) or some itens (to make a magic, potion, seal) capable tho shrink an unliving item (or, in your case, an unliving giant robot/golem). So we go hunt the iten(s) to make the way to shrink your new friend.

After get the itens and make the whatever shrink chimichanga, we can call/summon Bretto again, give the item/cast the magic/whatever and he becomes a part member. But the shrink is not permanent, and Bretto can became bigger or small at will.

In battle, if the party is in small room, Bretto are summoned in a small version (well... he still can be the largest member, even in the small version). Something in the small version can state he are using the "small magic" (like a rune floating in the chest, glows or other effect). If the party is in a large room, Bretto can be summoned in the giant form (or come in small form and deactivate the magic and became larger). In any way, his power will not crippled (I think Bretto cannot want go fight crippled), but his hitbox can be changed with the size.

Uh, there's pretty much no ceiling too low for him to fit in the prototype
I think that hallway below the room with Fat Ghost would be pretty narrow for him, and if you got into a fight below certain platform arrangements, or against certain walls, 'Bretto would definitely hit his head on the ceiling.

Actually, I wouldn't mind if some other characters had similar types of limitations depending on their environment, or the type of enemy they're fighting. Like say, Nuna being more "hesitant" (slower ATB) against other human enemies, or Tenoch's aim being affected by wind at high altitudes, or something. As long as the flaws were reasonably spelled out, I think character traits like that would be fun to keep track of.

I feel like if his game was more of a game than an interactive anime they'd give it a better chance. I really liked the game(?) tho.
I think if it were released today on PC in an episodic format it would have done a lot better financially then it did, at the time it bombed pretty hard and it was asking for a full 60$ price for barely any gameplay. Nowadays you have these very low gameplay, chapter based narrative heavy games release all the time.(life is strange, all the telltale games, etc), which is exactly what Asura's wrath was.

Anyways this is sorta getting off topic

Actually, I wouldn't mind if some other characters had similar types of limitations depending on their environment, or the type of enemy they're fighting. Like say, Nuna being more "hesitant" (slower ATB) against other human enemies, or Tenoch's aim being affected by wind at high altitudes, or something. As long as the flaws were reasonably spelled out, I think character traits like that would be fun to keep track of.

good suggestion that labzero may not be able to use now D:

This would be good cause it would encourage you to switch up your team. The fights can still be done but they'll be more difficult.

Do you guys realize how many one off titles Capcom has done over the years? Not everything needs to be made a franchise.