• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Uh, there's pretty much no ceiling too low for him to fit in the prototype, will there be in the full game?
ceiling.png
?

Thanks for the honesty in talking about how the team discussed the extension.
You want honestly, that's all we got.
It's one of the reasons I am continually baffled when people immediately distrust anything we say, like there's no way we'd actually tell the truth about whatever-it-is. In which case, why did they ask the question? :^P

How much does localization for one language cost?
It's extremely dependent on the language, and it's not just the translation that matters.
With Otter (which we are dropping for Indivisible, but is currently what we have) adding a new language based on logographs, or on anything that's not just accented English letters, is EXTREMELY difficult. Japanese was a huge pain, and this is one of the reasons we never even considered Chinese/Korean/etc for SG. It's still causing problems to this day, with the upcoming Arc release for PS4 we've had several problems that only happened because of how much we had to hack in Japanese support.

Hey guys, I got an idea to help with Calibretto "little" problem:
Who said it was a problem? I'm honestly pretty excited to try making him huge!

Also, since you posted a design idea, I gotta say - I'd pretty much never do that. Since he's not alive you could just remove his legs, instead, and solve the problem much more easily. Or build him a new smaller body. :^P

After get the itens and make the whatever shrink chimichanga
This was amazing though.

I'm probably wildly off here, but the impression I'm getting from the incarnations and the overall setup of the world is that the story is more-or-less 17th c. European colonialism from a South-East Asian point of view. Most of that is under the impression that the Iron Kingdom is meant to represent European powers, but it is still even more exciting from an "underrepresented story in games" perspective.

Why do i get the feeling just reading this little comment you're gonna try to give him Heavenly Pot Buster/ a Pot move/ All the Pot moves.
Because you're often wildly incorrect? :^P

There were an awful lot of Panzerfaust move concepts, though...

It's extremely dependent on the language, and it's not just the translation that matters.
With Otter (which we are dropping for Indivisible, but is currently what we have) adding a new language based on logographs, or on anything that's not just accented English letters, is EXTREMELY difficult. Japanese was a huge pain, and this is one of the reasons we never even considered Chinese/Korean/etc for SG. It's still causing problems to this day, with the upcoming Arc release for PS4 we've had several problems that only happened because of how much we had to hack in Japanese support.

Yeah I understand. Even the local hacked/pirated/localized version is a bit bare-bones by their standards (I haven't used it, but there's some screenshots here).

I'll probably try to make an Indivisible video and donate a bit, but with the recent Steam China region introduction (I think Skullgirls in China costs about 50% of the US price) it'd be hard to convince most people to pitch in.

Speaking of which... The title refers to Ajna and all her incarnations being "indivisible" right? Or would it be more "indivisible" entities plot-wise? Need to come up with a good Chinese name for the game...

Reactions: TiredOcean
Because you're often wildly incorrect? :^P

Panzerfaust was resurrected in Calibretto, the hype its real!

jk.

Can´t wait so play with this dude, Now a love to use grapplers chars. thanks to Bella, BB and Pot.

Reactions: Shockdingo
with the recent Steam China region introduction (I think Skullgirls in China costs about 50% of the US price)
Wait, what? It's on sale in China?!

Yeah I understand. Even the local hacked/pirated/localized version is a bit bare-bones by their standards (I haven't used it, but there's some screenshots here).
Hey, that's cool! Please tell the people who did that, I think it's a great thing! And I feel their pain. :^P
(If they want to send me edited fonts and locale text files in a few months I can see about trying to make that a hacky "included" language...maybe.)

I'll probably try to make an Indivisible video and donate a bit, but with the recent Steam China region introduction (I think Skullgirls in China costs about 50% of the US price) it'd be hard to convince most people to pitch in.
How about saying, "If Lab Zero doesn't get to make the game, there's nothing to pirate"? :^) Even $5 helps, ya know.

Speaking of which... The title refers to Ajna and all her incarnations being "indivisible" right? Or would it be more "indivisible" entities plot-wise? Need to come up with a good Chinese name for the game...
I would dearly love to answer this question for real, but it would give away a major plot point. :^|
So I'll just say, of your two choices, it's more the first one.

I would dearly love to answer this question for real, but it would give away a major plot point. :^| So I'll just say, of your two choices, it's more the first one.

This is exactly what the type of thing I'm hoping for in the story and more <3

Wait, what? It's on sale in China?!

No, its normal price is ~50% of the US one. Just like its normal price is about $12 in Japan. I think each publisher set a different "baseline" price for different regions. This could be a huge influence in buyer decision making. For example, Fallout 4 is $59.99 in US but about ¥199(~$31) in China. Just Cause 3 XL is currently on sale at $76.48, but its price in China is only ¥198 (which is kinda ridiculous). In turn China is now region-locked and some games aren't available until the publisher decides otherwise.

Which means for most Chinese gamers now, joining a crowdfunding campaign will cost more than waiting for its final release.

Hey, that's cool! Please tell the people who did that, I think it's a great thing! And I feel their pain. :^P
(If they want to send me edited fonts and locale text files in a few months I can see about trying to make that a hacky "included" language...maybe.)

I'm not familiar with that group but I'll see if I can contact their project lead.
Font is actually another can of worms because almost all free Chinese fonts aren't very good looking, and the "standard" ones are rather expensive to license. The default Windows/Mac/Android fonts are good enough but AFAIK none of them are actually free. So....yeah.
I'll send you a private message if there's anything concrete. Probably not gonna happen. That localization is years old, the project kinda died due to all the updates and patches, and the then project lead has already retired from the scene.

How about saying, "If Lab Zero doesn't get to make the game, there's nothing to pirate"? :^) Even $5 helps, ya know.

Definitely.

I would dearly love to answer this question for real, but it would give away a major plot point. :^|
So I'll just say, of your two choices, it's more the first one.

Noted.

Last edited:
good suggestion that labzero may not be able to use now D:

You can't copyright or even patent game mechanics I think, so I don't think that will be a concern. At least I hope so.

You can... Like how Skullgirls can't use "Show me this Combo" for the Trails... which is horse shit..

You can... Like how Skullgirls can't use "Show me this Combo" for the Trails... which is horse shit..

http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl108.html would seem to imply otherwise, at least for copyrights.

Anyways, I guess the easiest way to settle this: @Mike_Z , would somebody posting an idea for a specific move idea or mechanic prevent you from using it for fear of another incident like with that happened with skullgirls, or is it less of a risk since it's not a character, but rather an action or a system?

Hey Mike... What was it that prevented you from letting your AI show how to do a combo in Trails mode again?

Oh ha, I meant "on sale" as in "being sold at all" not "on sale" as in "cheaper than regular price". :^P

It's a weird situation indeed. I knew another indie dev team who had no idea that their game weren't available here. Meanwhile tons of indie games all seem to have their specfic regional price set. Maybe it's tied to previous regional price/locking settings like Russia or Japan...

I wonder if they have anything big in store for the next reveal given that they would be at the seven digit mark for the next reveal.

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
Is this first time you've confirmed using unimplemented move concepts from Skullgirls?
I'm really glad to be honest and I was hoping Yan would use some Muse stuff!

There aren't any unused Cerebella moves we should know about that will be returning for the Spunky Powerfist Girl are there?

Did you see the edit? =p
Actually missed it! Just saw it now! Vasco was the right choice.

Reactions: Kit Ballard
Who said it was a problem? I'm honestly pretty excited to try making him huge!

Ops... Sorry @MikeZ

Im not want to say the Huge size of Bretto is a problem... maybe I write "little" "problem" can be better.

Im not have any problem with Calibretto size (I want him large too :D ). My suggestion is about make a way to us can carry Bretto to all the adventure! (Or he will became sad like the old Aquaman, only going to mission then the Justice League go to a watery mission)

Last edited:
Is this first time you've confirmed using unimplemented move concepts from Skullgirls?
No, because it was a joke. We'll be doing brainstorms for the characters the usual way. If something gets brought up again I won't decline it, but it has to fit the character.

Anyways, I guess the easiest way to settle this: @Mike_Z , would somebody posting an idea for a specific move idea or mechanic prevent you from using it for fear of another incident like with that happened with skullgirls, or is it less of a risk since it's not a character, but rather an action or a system?
Yes.
Not prevent as in "NOW I WILL AVOID IT FOR SURE even if I had already thought of it grr", but I specifically ignore/skip any suggestions posted in threads I read.
Not only do I want to avoid another Juju (;_;)7 but I also want to avoid anyone going, "Oh they used my idea look how cool I am!" So I explicitly state that I won't use posted ideas, that way if someone posts something and it also happens to be in the game you can be SURE they are unrelated.
Also I don't like very many posted ideas anyway, so it's generally less of an issue than people assume. :^P

Yes.
Not prevent as in "NOW I WILL AVOID IT FOR SURE even if I had already thought of it grr", but I specifically ignore/skip any suggestions posted in threads I read.
Not only do I want to avoid another Juju (;_;)7 but I also want to avoid anyone going, "Oh they used my idea look how cool I am!" So I explicitly state that I won't use posted ideas, that way if someone posts something and it also happens to be in the game you can be SURE they are unrelated.

:( I don't see the problem by this point (Im not discording... im only saying I dont view this point)

Well... time to stop making suggestions... :(

Five stars for the 21st Incarnation, Qadira. Love the design and story. Now we've caught up to the reveal chart! Speaking of charts...
Yeah. He's kinda big.
[guest character size chart]

Still don't know what size Lea is if anyone at L0 wants to show that! :)

I second that! But if one assumes Leo is about Juan's size...
gbPpvJS.jpg
Then Lea should be around Ajna's height:
GMsslHv.jpg

unofficial modification to Cellsai's chart

More importantly, with these six wonderful guests out of the way, it is time for a certain star to shine... Annieeeeeeeeeeee

Yeah, you should be like me, tell Mike to NOT do something as a joke, and then take full credit when he does do it.

Yeah, you should be like me, tell Mike to NOT do something as a joke, and then take full credit when he does do it.
Yeah, I mean things like statue enemy spawners that don't take damage, but are designed to be knocked out of air bubbles or something in the environment to drown or destroy them would just be stupid, don't choose something dumb like that, Mike.

I thought of that comic too!
I wanted to find the "various rescue animals" one instead, but I don't know a good place to look up Far Side on the internet. I own 3 of the galleries, I don't pirate I swear!

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
I'm still pissed about the Juju thing... that guy's idea wasn't even a thing like what she turned out like.
Also Skull monsters. And Cerebella's living hair.
2934fda47c308851a24008861df9759b.jpg

That's like saying "I told Lab Zero I would like to see another female character in Indivisible, so I came up with every Incarnate with a double X chromosome!"

Kinda wish I got the Divinity tier just to make my incarnation Juju.

If I had the money for Divinity Tier, I would do it on the condition that I would get to hand Mike Z the money personally, shake his hand, give him a little kissy on the cheek, and tell him: "Do the Hubrecht thing"

Got another person paying $1000 and were only a few backers away from 15k.

I must say I though it would be going way slower right after the extend. Sometimes it feels good to be wrong.

EDIT: Aaaaaaand 15k get. Well done.

Last edited:
Does this mean she won't be left-handed? :(