• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

wait if we are going to have steampunk stuff, then does that mean Ajna might ride a... train?
or fight one while running away from it on the tracks?

But she's already riding a missile!

Anyway, regarding Lelani this morning:

*sees only top half of picture*: Oh what a cute little Hawaiin girl!
*scrolls down and sees Tiki chainsaw*: That's awesome Lab Zero. You're awesome!

Hey guys. Made an account here because I found out it can take months for Neogaf to accept my application and I want to join the discussion now.
Anyway, Ravi said over at Neogaf that an interview about the game's diverse cast was going to be released this week. Is that still the case or did I miss it?

*scrolls down and sees Tiki chainsaw*: That's awesome Lab Zero. You're awesome!
Okay seriously Cellsia posted a picture of a real life Shark Tooth Sword on this thread. IT. IS. NOT. A. CHAINSAW.
Sharktooth swords are real things. and they were wicked fucking dangerous.

Let's face it people pretty much 90% of the weapons in the game are real life weapons. I think the only exception is steampunk girl's robo arm.

IT. IS. NOT. A. CHAINSAW.
That's what I thought until
Consider yourself told.

Which makes way more sense for the handle. Either way, calm down.

Reactions: hellohello123123
It makes way more sense for the handle and the teeth are arranged inward like chainsaw teeth instead of straight out like the sword is.

It makes way more sense for the handle and the teeth are arranged inward like chainsaw teeth
And the fact that it has space for the teeth to go through at the end, instead of having a simple sword grip.

Iddhi powered shark teeth tiki chainsaw.

I like it!

Also, I noticed her and tatanka's art look different from the others, a bit more detailed in shading and with a little bit of nice posing, is that because you guys had more time to do them or is that just the style of one of your artists?

I think it's meant to be a shark tooth sword that incorporates design elements from chainsaws, tho it might be hard to say until we actually see if it spins like one or if it's just gonna be used as a sword.

Reactions: KaboomKid
I think it's meant to be a shark tooth sword that incorporates design elements from chainsaws, tho it might be hard to say until we actually see if it spins like one or if it's just gonna be used as a sword.

Except as it was pointed already several times, Render said it IS a chainsaw. :P

it might be hard to say until we actually see if it spins
What possible purpose could the grip serve if the blades don't rotate?

That's not a rhetorical question, I just can't think of any other reason for that part of the design.

Look idk. From comparing real life pictures to Leilani's i can't really see anything that would point it towards it being a chainsaw.

Like looking at the blade the teeth are tied into the wood. Just like in the real life version. How would the teeth be able to spin around the wooden blade if they are tied into it?

i can't really see anything that would point it towards it being a chainsaw.
Really?
the teeth are arranged inward like chainsaw teeth instead of straight out like the sword is.
the fact that it has space for the teeth to go through at the end, instead of having a simple sword grip.

that's like asking how can you wield photonic-light as a chainsaw
GC-CHAIN_SAWD-ACTION-1.jpg

(my FAVE weapon from Phantasy Star Online/Universe. OMG They made a new one for PSO2! SEGA! BRING DAT OVER HERE!!)

Personally I think that it makes it even cooler that the sword absolutely doesn't look like it would work like a chainsaw, being wooden and all.

It's just that healthy dose of ridiculousness that keeps things interesting.

I mean, it's still an actual-time-accurate-weapon-leiomano that functions like a chainsaw through the use of magic. Instead of just being a made up chainsaw stand in.

There's not really a difference but
I'm trying to grasp here.

Reactions: Kit Ballard
it's still an actual-time-accurate-weapon-leiomano that functions like a chainsaw through the use of magic
Which is what makes it really cool. I love all the obscure real weapons we're getting, that some get adjusted in cool ways for the fantasy setting is nice bonus.

Reactions: hellohello123123
Apart from being my new Indiv waifu, she has huge feet tho. Is it because her artwork is not final?

Anyway, Ravi said over at Neogaf that an interview about the game's diverse cast was going to be released this week. Is that still the case or did I miss it?
I'd like to know the status of this too. You there @Ravidrath ?

Oh, welcome to the forums btw!

Reactions: Gorilla Blade
Iddhi powered shark teeth tiki chainsaw.
Also, I noticed her and tatanka's art look different from the others, a bit more detailed in shading and with a little bit of nice posing, is that because you guys had more time to do them or is that just the style of one of your artists?
second one. they said they will standardize the styles for the full game

All I know is that it'll cut through flesh like butter. Thats good enough for me.

She has huge feet tho. Is it because her artwork is not final?

Her feet are adorable; what are you even saying??? (*shhh* don't listen to them, Leilani; you're beautiful just the way you are!)

To seriously answer your question: No, it's not just the art style. Junkpuyo also did Zahra, so we can assume that Leilani's body shape is most likely common to the people of her region.

Reactions: Cheesedragon
So, what happened to that 20-day extension? Mike said we revived another one 2 or 3 days ago, but the counter is a 15 days.

So, what happened to that 20-day extension? Mike said we revived another one 2 or 3 days ago, but the counter is a 15 days.

????
Unless I missed something
I'm pretty sure
we only get one??

One of the things I really like about fantasy weaponry in games is that you can take all the most interesting, ineffective tools of war, and make them even cooler by having them not suck. Shark-tooth paddles are, by most measures, not so great. But they sure do look fucking cool.

I personally favor realistically well-equipped warriors like George or Qadira, that’s just the military history talking. They'd pretty much rock the shit out of the other character's arsenals, in the real world (save for maybe Vasco and Baozhai, because let's face it, guns beat everything). I do really enjoy all the quirky and specific weapons that each separate war culture developed, though, they show so much ingenuity and resourcefulness.

I think I was maybe a little worried that the weaponry might have gone the anime route (i.e. not even close to believable), but I’m extremely happy with the choices and depictions of weaponry in Indivisible, it hits a satisfying balance between believable and fantastical.

Somehow I end up enjoying learning about the weapons as much as the weapons themselves.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
I personally favor realistically well-equipped warriors like George
Uuhhmm

I'm talking about the plate armor and spear. Dragon-scale is the fantasy part of that.
I'm actually referring to the spear. It's kind of topped by the tail.

I think we are over looking something. If the shark tooth blade was made by humans, yes a chainsaw function would be sort of impossible. But the information on the IGG page says the shark god made it. If objects are made by gods, do they have to obey things within the realm of human possibility?

Reactions: Gamrdogg
No the weapon wasn't made by the shark god. It was just made with the Shark God's teeth. Nothing in her bio says that the God himself made it.

And the world is magical in it's use of Iddhi, so, as some playfully pointed out that it could be an Iddhi powered chainsaw.

No the weapon wasn't made by the shark god. It was just made with the Shark God's teeth. Nothing in her bio says that the God himself made it.
In recognition for her courage, rather than devour her, the shark god instead adopted her. Returned to the material world with a weapon fashioned from his discarded teeth
"Adopted Her" meaning he could of taught her some Godly stuff. Plus it doesn't say who made the weapon. Could of been him.

I'm actually referring to the spear. It's kind of topped by the tail.
Tail?
I think we are over looking something. If the shark tooth blade was made by humans, yes a chainsaw function would be sort of impossible. But the information on the IGG page says the shark god made it. If objects are made by gods, do they have to obey things within the realm of human possibility?
Nothing has to follow any logic. I was just commenting on how, while lacking in the real world, fantasy frees up some weapons to find exciting, interesting applications against other, better weapons.

Tail?
The tip of George's spear is (probably) made out of the dragon's tail. Look at it.

The tip of George's spear is (probably) made out of the dragon's tail. Look at it.
I'm simply talking about the weapon itself: a spear. That alone makes him more effective than almost any other character. Come talk about it here :)

threw my 30 dollars into the pot
now tell me where Hubrecht is, Mike Z
He's in the hopes and dreams of all of us. Right next to Panzerfaust and B. Dahlia.

Reactions: Not-So-Saint