• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Today is a good day.

Even though September has been the date for a good while, they've definitely emphasized that they want to time the campaign alongside the release of the prototype. It looks like they still have a lot of work to do on that end, so let's not get too anxious when mid-September rolls around. If a delay happens, it'll be for the best. Paaaatience!

So what is the Tapir going to be? An enemy or a companion?
Tapirs don't adhere to those kinds of binary descriptions. They do as they please.
cooltapir.png

About that picture, is the position of party members important like in certain RPGs like FF (front row etc)? Can/will Ajna be swapped/swappable with those other places?
Position will probably be important in the final game, as in you can't melee people unless there is nobody in front of them but you can shoot them etc; it is probably not important in the prototype.

Reactions: MooseHogBro
oh so we won't be walking around the battle field ah well.

I really doubt Lab Zero would take any inspiration from a character like T-Hawk.

Robo-Fortune's Magnetic Trap.
That's a single move in a fighting game full of references. This is the fighting stance of a character who is one of the few respectful portrayals of southeast asian women.
I mean call me crazy, but I don't think she would be inspired in any way by a blatant racist stereotype like T Hawk.

Last edited:
@Mike_Z speaking of how she's stands when she fights: has the art team displayed any inclination towards representing the various fighting disciplines of the geographical regions they're pulling inspiration from, or is it mostly just gonna be whatever looks cool? I was excited at the possibility of seeing some lethwei (or maybe even naban) from Ajna.

I dunno, man. :^P I'm busy making cameras and battles and collision and button configs.
Yay for button configs! Will it be available in the proto?

EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE.

Okay then who did draw the cat?
I remember now. It was doodle of a cat which one of the animators didn't delete from one of the frames, so Mike wanted to put her as an Easter egg and they said ok if he would be the one to animate and implement it. So he did.

Last edited:
Yes. Controller choice and button config at startup, hopefully.
Whoawhoawhoa, so you're saying that we're getting a real button config for the prototype? You mean it's not just gonna be a loading screen image of a 360 controller next to a list of arbitrarily assigned commands?? You mean I'll actually be able to tell the game where my shoulder buttons are without waiting for the Beta build???

This is amazing!!! I had forgotten what this felt like. THANKS MIKE!

Whoawhoawhoa, so you're saying that we're getting a real button config for the prototype? You mean it's not just gonna be a loading screen image of a 360 controller next to a list of arbitrarily assigned commands?? You mean I'll actually be able to tell the game where my shoulder buttons are without waiting for the Beta build???

This is amazing!!! I had forgotten what this felt like. THANKS MIKE!
The fact that you actually are not sarcastic is making me sad about modern PC gaming.

Whoawhoawhoa, so you're saying that we're getting a real button config for the prototype?
Yep! If your controller works with SG it'll work with Indivisible.
I'm with Not-So-Saint - if this is a thing that excites you, there is something wrong with PC gaming.

...of course, you wouldn't get it for the prototype if we didn't already have one for Skullgirls. PC button configs are a lot of work, which is why a lot of games just use XInput and require X360 controllers since it's MUCH easier than using DirectInput and figuring out all the mappings you have to do. Although any shipped game should have a full button config for whatever controllers they do support, because really now.

great to hear, specially since I have a few games that don't let you remap or pick which remote to use... even being the full game =_=

Reactions: KaboomKid
I really doubt Lab Zero would take any inspiration from a character like T-Hawk.

Is this because-

I mean call me crazy, but I don't think she would be inspired in any way by a blatant racist stereotype like T Hawk.

I knew it! Come on man, you have to admit even some of the best early arcade games had some blatant stereotypes in them! The two are practically tied at the hip. Remember Punch Out?

Please respond in PM or profile comments so as to not shit-up the thread.

It appears that making a fighting game first leaves you with all kinds of goodies in the form of the Z engine and the nice little drivers to accept controllers and such. Ah, what an amazing convenience.

This entire prototype exudes professionalism and quality and its not even out yet.

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
Speaking of impressive, I was content with color-swapped Ajnas being party member substitutes for the demo. That hypnotic Zebei idle (just look how the motion ripples down the padded sleeve!) proves they are animating 3 other characters for the prototype. That's a lot of work!

Any bets on this week's Incarnation #2 is going to be?
Scarred swordsman? Harpy-girl? Long-haired woman with the scorpion tail braid? Scottish samurai? Invincible Amazon? Gunman gramps? Sullen tiger-pelt lady? Voodoo guy? Pumpkin kid?

My money is on the guy in dragon/serpent Kamen Rider super suit.

Reactions: Magma442
Scarred swordsman? Harpy-girl? Long-haired woman with the scorpion tail braid? Scottish samurai? Invincible Amazon? Gunman gramps? Sullen tiger-pelt lady? Voodoo guy? Pumpkin kid?

Well all I have to say is that it would be best to have one character of each archetype from the good old Warrior-Thief/Archer-Mage trio for maximum appeal. Already got the archer down.

Reactions: BallotBoxer

Well Zebei was one of the 3 who were in the front along with Ajna in the trailer so I'm making a wild guess that its one of those two.

Goshdarn I should start playing VP now to calm the hype

I still want a plushie of this little guy. Come on pls, I've got money and I'm willing to throw it at you guys just for this alone.

I wonder if they're somewhat edible. Because they look like food, so I assume some poor sap has tried to eat one before, or attempted to eat one...

5 outta 5 stars would make them lick me

Maybe in the game they will be usable to make some kind of food item to regain HP? Like, dropped loot or something.

nah as a tiny easter egg we should see Yu Wan or Minnette serving the little guys to their customers in the restaurant. Or have Minnette's background sprite have one of the little monsters on her tray. Yeah I know that's not going to happen, but one can dream.