• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Doesn't the whole this is about ethics in crowdfunding argument go out the window if they extend the campaign until whenever when people expect the campaign to end on the stated deadline and get their money back if it doesn't make the goal? It isn't nearly as shady of a practice as flexible funding, but it could be argued to be somewhere underneath it on the list.

There's nothing morally wrong with flexible funding, IMO, provided the developers deliver on what was promised. Its just that it is ripe for abuse so you should be extra careful in backing such projects.

I don't see any issue with extending the campaign deadline, at all, provided you don't just keep extending it until your ability to deliver the game in a timely manner becomes in question.

Doesn't the whole this is about ethics in crowdfunding argument go out the window if they extend the campaign until whenever when people expect the campaign to end on the stated deadline and get their money back if it doesn't make the goal? It isn't nearly as shady of a practice as flexible funding, but it could be argued to be somewhere underneath it on the list.
What kind of stupid backer would be more concerned with getting their money back as opposed to the game being funded "Sorry,you took 60 days instead of 40 so I want my money back." The delivery date hasn't changed and you get charged on the day you contributed. Its one thing to extend when the game has been funded its another when you realize that its 20 days more working on the campain. Which is probably why its the backers and not lab zero who want the extention. Its another 20 days of no income. Also, if a backer feels wronged there's a refund button.

Last edited:
You mean Balalaika? What's wrong with that?
balalaika.jpg
Balalaika is best girl

Reactions: hellohello123123
I finally have my full team. It's rare, I'm going to have a full team of characters that I absolutely love, and all that I love more than the main unswappable character. Having this many characters that I like this much on one team is a genuine first.
phoebe-904x1024.png

baozhai-700x1024.png

zahra-489x1024.png

Reactions: jam1220
@Ravidrath @render @Mike_Z
How come no recent streams on the LabZero twitch?
If you're struggling for ideas, maybe a playthrough of one of the Mana games or any other Kikuta game. Chrono Trigger or any other old RPG's that have both inspired Indivisible and also have a cult following may also attract untapped twitch viewers.

Another suggestion is that I still feel that you could push the plot/RPG aspect a bit more. People have a very good idea of how the combat and the platforming works thanks to the prototype, but not much idea of how the story will be presented to them. For example:
How often will cutscenes and story sections occur? How will dialogue be presented, similar to Skullgirls story mode with chara portraits over artwork, or textboxes over the game? Or a mixture of both? Will there be dialogue options? Will certain cutscenes play out slightly differently with certain party members? How exactly will incarnations side-quests play out?

I know the answers to a few of these questions, but only because I post here and lurk elsewhere so I can stay in the loop. I know I've mentioned this before and perhaps I'm way underestimating the workload involved, but a few mock up screens of how dialogue or side quests would be implemented could bring a different type of fan to pay attention to this campaign. Namely people who are into games like Fire Emblem Awakening, where there is a VisNov/Dating Sim side element.

I've seen the Incarnation sidequest aspect be compared to Mass Effect a few times, but I don't think I've ever seen it compared to Persona's Social Links, which in my opinion is a far more attention grabbing comparison, especially since Peter's mentioned P4G seemed to be very popular amongst SG backers.

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
oh srsly lmao

Edit: There weren't any announced in advance last week tho were there i don't think? And my questions and suggestions still stand

Last edited:
Zahra a spoony bard? Nah I don't think so, but she is a bard that i would like to spoon with.

Eh? eh?

okay I'm leaving.

but no really the waifus shown off already. too many to pick from. stop it lab zero man, i can only get so hyped for one thing.

Everyone goin on about Zahra, and here I am with Razmi still as my fav gal so far. Maybe I'm just a weirdo though :P

P.S. Zahra looks epic, though!

Now that I think about it...

I've never seen the letter Z in such abundance.

Reactions: TaNooki
Now that I think about it...

I've never seen the letter Z in such abundance.

ZAILLUMINONTI CONFIRMED!!

Zeye.jpg
Or... y'know... just a kink in the Z Engine itself...

Reactions: The Dave
Well...it's not like anyone we know and respect on this team has a Z in their name either... :3

recent streams on the LabZero twitch
dude they just had stream last night.

Ah, I just found how to get notifications for streams, excellent.
upload_2015-11-9_13-24-28.png

@Ravidrath @render @Mike_Z
How come no recent streams on the LabZero twitch?
I don't think that's really the best use of their time. Only like 100 people tune in usually and they're all certainly people that already know about the campaign. They're probably better off trying to go outside the circle of people that know about Indivisible to introduce them to it.

Of course, a big funding stream like at the end of skullgirls or the EVO fundraiser would probably do them better. Especially if they could do contests and raffles to squeeze an extra few bucks out of devotees.

Well...it's not like anyone we know and respect on this team has a Z in their name either... :3
Earl Gizzertwagen?

Showing a few of the exclusive alternate colors could be a good incentive?
Backing is the only way to get those afterall

Alternatively there's my route where I just make the tankiest team ever. If that fails, I just go with whichever ones give the most debuffs.

im super scared, we need 100k to get 60 % in 2 days so labzero can extend the campaign

That Z theory is as believable as a skateboard-riding dinosaur...
(another flawless adaptation)

Reactions: jam1220
Anyone else think Zahra should be voiced by the girl who voices Flame Princess from Adventure Time?

Hmmmm I don't know. There are some ideas I guess given her character.

You know, I'm really surprised our bard isn't fighting the Iron Kingdom... because Zahra, fight the power!

Also, her lore makes Zahra seem really powerful... subverting the "weak support class who even plays bards?" trope, or propaganda by bards, for bards? How much can we trust these descriptions, anyway?

Curiosity: Has anybody asked if Indivisible will have any sort of narrative choice? Dialogue options? I don't expect any, but having not played Valkyrie Profile, there might be?

I've already got the best team in mind.

Annie, Baozhai, and Zahra.

Who needs depth perception?
Where Naga Rider tho?

Reactions: Wenzel
wait a minute... from the controls the shoulder buttons are not used.

hmmm are they going to be used? if not then could we see Mike Z fool around with the code and see if it's possible to have a 6 man team? (i know silly question but morbid curiosity has me asking anyways)

hmmm are they going to be used? if not then could we see Mike Z fool around with the code and see if it's possible to have a 6 man team? (i know silly question but morbid curiosity has me asking anyways)
Maybe he is trying to keep a 6 button layout? Like, a lot of people asked about playing the game on arcade sticks, so we might have that...

I mean, Naga's on my Shovel Knight - George - Naga Team. A.k.a. dudes in heavy armor

hmmm are they going to be used?
In the PS4 prototype, L2 and R2 do the same thing as L1 and R1. It's still the prototype, though.
I'm all for minimum button usage, rather than using every button just because they are available. Though you never know.

Reactions: Kit Ballard
some people are already complaining about how complex the prototype is. If you go overboard, might push some people away