• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Sorry if this seems redundant at this point, but congrats Lab Zero for all your hard work! I couldn't have woken up to better news :)

i wanna congratulate everyone on the team and offer a special hug for Ravidrath. never seen such a cool CEO, even when anxious or attacked i never saw he lost his composure.
thanks for your work

Wowee! Glad to see we've made it! And I didn't even give a penny, but heyho, I'm over the moon!

Reactions: ACreationist
I wonder when and for how much they will reveal the online co-op stretch goal, I think it would generate quite the momentum, people usually push online multiplayer in other campaigns a lot.

Congratulations ! I'm really happy to see Lab Zero succeed and look forward to play the game when it's finished.

When I saw the trailer, Sangmu was one of the incarnations that I was the most curious about (I liked her calm expression and wondered how she would fight) and she's even better that I expected. Thanks to whoever designed her, she's one of my favorite now, really !

I always hate how stretch goals are tiered. I'd rather have Co-Op than an animated intro, but now if we wanna get Co-Op we have to raise 1.9 + what ever it takes to reach Co-Op.

( But an Anime Opening like the one for Tales of Symphonia I'd be suuuuuper pleased with that. )

I always hate how stretch goals are tiered. I'd rather have Co-Op than an animated intro, but now if we wanna get Co-Op we have to raise 1.9 + what ever it takes to reach Co-Op.
the heck are you talking about? We ARE getting Co Op. it's part of the main game.
"Please note that these are not the exact costs of each stretch goal item in question, but instead represent a balancing of the costs across multiple goals. Adding multiplayer functionality, for example, is expensive and would require an unreasonably large sum compared to other stretch goals."

Reactions: BallotBoxer
"Please note that these are not the exact costs of each stretch goal item in question, but instead represent a balancing of the costs across multiple goals. Adding multiplayer functionality, for example, is expensive and would require an unreasonably large sum compared to other stretch goals."

Okay so I'm not crazy.
By the way my point wasn't that Anime Intro = Co-op mode in price. Just that I wish/wonder why crowd funding campaigns don't allow some sort of democracy in their stretch goals. " If we get 2mil you can vote on if you want A or B added to the game ).

Geezus Skullheart.. Woke up to 23 messages in my Alert box. You could of like, I dono, combined a few of those Likes and Quotes? Geeze o.o

I mean all these other Incarnations are nice....

But Razmi is still the best :D

We were just funded last night and Waifu War II is already starting...

Okay so I'm not crazy.
By the way my point wasn't that Anime Intro = Co-op mode in price. Just that I wish/wonder why crowd funding campaigns don't allow some sort of democracy in their stretch goals. " If we get 2mil you can vote on if you want A or B added to the game ).
Even if that was an option that doesn't mean coop would be included in the first votes considering how expensive it is.

Sangmu or Razmi

Indivisible: CIVIL WAR

#TeamTaigaWife

I haven't posted here in over a year, but I just wanted to say congrats.

I put in $250, mostly because I am terrible with money, but I was willing to bump it to $350 if it was needed. Glad that it wasn't. Looking forward to doing videos on the Prototype Updates and having people tell me I'm terrible at this game too.

Reactions: Kittens
Stretch goal speculation, I'm expecting voice acting at around 2.1M then dungeon/dlc area at 2.5M

So that's one incarnation, but aren't we still behind by like 3 or 4 at this point?

Even if that was an option that doesn't mean coop would be included in the first votes considering how expensive it is.
Yes yes of course. I am just saying " Hey why don't crowd funding's let their backers pick the stretch goals?"

I understand Co-Op is expensive, but it sucks that the most wanted feature won't make it in the game. But hey! We're getting a game!!!!

Yes yes of course. I am just saying " Hey why don't crowd funding's let their backers pick the stretch goals?"

I understand Co-Op is expensive, but it sucks that the most wanted feature won't make it in the game. But hey! We're getting a game!!!!
Indeed we are!

But what you just said is kind of what makes voting stretch goals kind of dangerous. It's one thing to vote on design stuff. But things that actually effect the game? We've seen how that goes. :V

Best solution is to fund EVERYTHING.

Indeed we are!

But what you just said is kind of what makes voting stretch goals kind of dangerous. It's one thing to vote on design stuff. But things that actually effect the game? We've seen how that goes. :V

Best solution is to fund EVERYTHING.
I'll kick another 30 bucks into it if I can, getting a Physical copy of the game is Miiiiiighty nice! But the game's happening now so I don't really feel the need to push much harder. :)

Obviously if Co-Op doesn't happen that's just a new feature in Indivisible 2.

get

Hhheeeerrreee's AJNA!!

BTW....
Sangmu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Razmi.
Come at me.
*comes at you*
Sangmu or Razmi

Indivisible: CIVIL WAR

#TeamTaigaWife

The waifu wars can now finally kick into high-gear... I'm so happy! T_T
#TeamTatooineWaifu

Think about it, 9 years, a goat a day...

That's over 3,000 goats.
You better leave Kaldi's goats alone!!!

I honestly don't want it done by TRIGGER, as anti-hype as that may sound. They really have their own style (see BATTLESAURS) that doesn't really line up with the style of Indivisible. I want it to look similar to the already established art style, just personally.

So long as it has rocking music, though, I'm down.

Reactions: EA575
Ravidrath just confirmed they have only one more playable incarnation to reveal, everything after that is non-playable ones.
Its gonna be pretty ninja,isnt it? Whhhhhhhhy! I want my scottish samurai!!!!!

Whew! What a stressful almost-60 days it has been. I imagine Lab Zero's stress was x100 the stress we fans felt pushing the awareness of this campaign. Hopefully they take the day off to relax. Visit the zoo and watch the tapirs lazily stomp around.

So that's one incarnation, but aren't we still behind by like 3 or 4 at this point?
Kogi was for 1.2 million, so if they kept to the rigid set of rules they have been doing since Dhar (50K per Incarnation, alternating gender, eventually showing characters seen in trailers) it could be 7 more characters.
  • 1.25 Sangmu
  • 1.3 Kusarigama Ninja
  • 1.35 Unseen Female Incarnation
  • 1.4 Scottish Samurai
  • 1.45 Unseen Female Incarnation
  • 1.5 Crusty Whistler
  • 1.55 Unseen Female Incarnation
  • 1.6 Renaissance Archer
However, keep in mind, they intended to only have 100K reveals, so they doubled the pace and exhausted their stock of ready Incarnations. The only character I'm 99% sure we'll see is the ninja with the kusarigama. Everyone else, even the Incarnations revealed, are all subject to change or not even appear in the final game.

But like I said, Lab Zero should be enjoying the success and not feel obligated to rush out something for these made-up milestones. There's plenty of time now.

Congratulations, all the Lab Zero crew who don't talk to us and that's why I didn't list you all but I still love you and really glad you are going to be employed and get to create this amazing game!
@EU03 @Persona visit the forums too!
I think out of the nine or so Lab Zero members, we are missing only Mariel, Richard, and Brady... cue someone pointing to a post of them under a different name

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Studio MAPPA, if my dreams were possible, but I'm sure whomever they've teamed with will be quality rather than QUALITY

Reactions: EA575
You may think the stretch goals are kinda lame because they don't do things like "Add the last half of the game: $350k!" but we sorta had to do that, because we're making the entire game in the first place. The extra stuff is really extra. Some is soft improvements, some is hard improvements, but none is required. If that makes sense.

Maybe it would be easier to build hype to fund the stretch goals if we had some details about what this extra music would be used for like "character themes for the entire cast!" or "super elaborate centerpiece theme for the intro with lyrics!" or some kind of description along those lines.

"More music by this composer who's already making music for the game" I feel is kind of difficult to be excited about or market to other people.

I honestly don't want it done by TRIGGER, as anti-hype as that may sound. They really have their own style (see BATTLESAURS) that doesn't really line up with the style of Indivisible. I want it to look similar to the already established art style, just personally.

So long as it has rocking music, though, I'm down.

You do know that Trigger started making animation for games before doing their own IP's, right?

They made the intro for Project X Zone before working on Little Witch Academia.

Reactions: No longer exist
I am very happy to see that the game actually was able to get funded! It is really exciting that Lab Zero will be able to continue making amazing games, especially since the care and dedication that went into Skullgirls and its IndieGoGo campaign was quite evident!

Honestly, the cynic in me was afraid that the game would not get funded at first, but it is always great to see so many people prove that notion wrong! The campaign was an uphill battle, but we all did it! I do not come here often, but it is warming to see a developer such as Lab Zero having an incredibly caring community towards them, both from here and all the other areas of support they have. This kind of care can seem hard to find these days, in which I am glad that Lab Zero have been fortunate enough to receive it through their hard work! The entire team truly deserves it!

Stretch goal speculation, I'm expecting voice acting at around 2.1M then dungeon/dlc area at 2.5M

I believe L0 stated that they don't want to stretch goals like "more Incarnations" and "more areas" because they want the base game to have everything gameplay-wise.

EDIT: Actually there is a quote from Mike Z saying that 3 posts above mine. :P

You do know that Trigger started making animation for games before doing their own IP's, right?

And probably stuff even before that.

CVPWGU5UkAAyy4O.jpg:large

@Mike_Z @render @Ravidrath @Persona and all L0 crew CONGRATULATIONS to all your amazing efforts, you finally get what you deserve it since SG Vanilla, from Mexico a sent you a big huge, can´t wait to mess with Indivi Beta.

Questions Mike, to Beta propose and not get spoiled gonna be a alternative/ beta dungeon or something to mess with the mechanics and improvement and tests?
All the playable incarnations gonna on the beta for the same reason?

Oh yeah I know, but as awesome as those are they are far from the style Indivisible has for it. They're super angular, hard edges with usually low frame rate and super stylized to their own style.

maxresdefault.jpg

Versus Indivisible, which does not suit that same style at all. I love Trigger, but I don't think they're a good fit.
mzod29ugunr8uef6g3jr.png

Questions Mike, to Beta propose and not get spoiled gonna be a alternative/ beta dungeon or something to mess with the mechanics and improvement and tests?
All the playable incarnations gonna on the beta for the same reason?
It's pretty much a specialized area to test Incarnations, area ideas, and baddies. Much like how the Prototype was

Why the negativity about stretch goals to begin with? With the game funded, stretch goals mean surplus gathered funds will go towards additional stuff as opposed to towards nothing.

Oh no. More content for the game. The horror.
Eh, I'd kind of like it if they had some buffer money, actually.

Also, anybody have advice on which physical version to get? I plan on playing the Steam version anyway, but don't have or plan on getting a PS4 or XB1. Maybe it'd be nice to have one of the last non-DRM'd PC games on disc? Yeah, I think I like this idea. I have a similar copy of Super Meat Boy that essentially decorates my DVD/console games shelf.