• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Gonna post this here just in case people wanna browse listen to his stuff. I have been listening through the thing today. Sofar i have enjoyed every single demo. It's hard to not completly shut off listening to these. It's so good.
Hiroki Kikuta Official YouTube Channel

Reactions: Shooon
I noticed a "post-release expansion" mentioned in the stretch goals section on the campaign page. Is this to imply that there may be DLC for Indivisible at some point after its release, or that all the achieved gameplay stretch goals (like the multiple endings / bonus dungeon) may be bundled in a free update later on?
Guest characters (and possibly some stretch goals) will likely be a post-release free expansion. NOT paid DLC. We'll work them into the initial release if we can, but we probably can't.

Well the game costs 30$ already. Makes sense to not have DLCs :Y
Have you SEEN the game industry lately? :^| Tales of Zwhatever has $20 pay-to-win DLC for a $50 game.

Well for Skullgirls it was temporarily free. Granted it was like a several month window, but temporary nevertheless.
Clarification:
This was ONLY BECAUSE X360 requires a certain ratio of paid content to free stuff (i.e. you must have more paid things than free things). So, with that rule, we would not have been able to keep them all free DLC. The free-forever-during-3-months thing was a, um, "workaround" that let us make the next character free when they were released, because the previous character converted to being paid. :^) And since we were forced to charge on X360, we figured it would be unfair to XBox owners not to do that on every platform.
If not for this, we would probably not have done it that way.

That workaround is obviously not what we want to do for Indivisible, stretch goals would just be free.

but what came first, the flower or the chicken?

the bacterium

OT: Will one of the stretch goals include Mike buying Alundra?

Guest characters (and possibly some stretch goals) will likely be a post-release free expansion. NOT paid DLC. We'll work them into the initial release if we can, but we probably can't.

Ah, thanks for answering. I got the impression that you guys were thinking of making a big expansion (like Bloodborne's DLC) for Indivisible after the core game was completed.

Can't wait for that hardcore dungeon.

Have you SEEN the game industry lately? :^| Tales of Zwhatever has $20 pay-to-win DLC for a $50 game.

I can't believe this tactic from f2p mmo's which makes somewhat sense? Has now been extrapolated over the years of game publishing "evolution" to full price single player games with or without online component to this degree. It's crazy. Damn you Oblivion Horse Armor!

Last edited:
I have a question:

Besides the intro, are you planning to do an animation for every incarnation when you meet them?

Like in Lunar and Final Fantasy 8.

This can be a stretch goal? Or is completely out of place?

Have you SEEN the game industry lately? :^|
9obdilZ.jpg

Actually i wonder what voice actors earned back in the day when games started picking them up for full voice overs. It just crossed my mind after seeing Monkey Island. I dunno like lets say around early 90's? Also "The Dig" is such an amazing game.

X360 requires a certain ratio of paid content to free stuff (i.e. you must have more paid things than free things).

Wow, that's... really scummy of MS.

Dude in the indiegogo comments said this and i agree.

Connor Krammer
"Re: the new stretch goals (yay!): I love the idea of the hardcore bonus dungeon where Ajna fights her inner demons. It bothers me that we won't be able to use Ajna as a character, however. The writer in me hates that Ajna can't fight her own inner demons directly; thematically, it just seems so unempowering. I think I'd like it better if she HAD to be on the party, and did less damage and/or couldn't use her Heruka form, for example. But her not being able to participate feels wrong."

I think I'd like it better if she HAD to be on the party, and did less damage and/or couldn't use her Heruka form, for example. But her not being able to participate feels wrong."
Don't assume you can't use her; just she's not required.
I though we rephrased that bit, oh well.

You yourself will always be the hardest challenge in life. Atleast thats how it is for me. lol

Mike "Dev" Z please skip this thanks! And no i am not saying anything bad about yo pants. I actually find them kinda HAWT! :PUJNA:
I would probably just give her a fear status effect(Meaning she can't control her IDDHI. Because her state of mind is in permanent fluctuation. Which also would mean no specials nor blocking is available for Ajna) if you decide to take Anja along the journey inside her inner realm.

Last edited:
Dude in the indiegogo comments said this and i agree.

Connor Krammer
"Re: the new stretch goals (yay!): I love the idea of the hardcore bonus dungeon where Ajna fights her inner demons. It bothers me that we won't be able to use Ajna as a character, however. The writer in me hates that Ajna can't fight her own inner demons directly; thematically, it just seems so unempowering. I think I'd like it better if she HAD to be on the party, and did less damage and/or couldn't use her Heruka form, for example. But her not being able to participate feels wrong."
I like the idea that Ajna can't engage her inner demons. Having her incarnations take the lead and cover her back is like symbolic of like friendship and teamwork and shit. Plus its designed to be a hard mode section. Ajna will have 5 different weapon sets, with 3 different moves each, and its been mentioned that she'll probably be able to switch between them during battle in the full game. So she's got 5 times the moves of the other playable chars. Not having this option would certainly increase the difficulty of that dungeon and if Ajna was still available, players might not feel encouraged to take her out of the party and try something new

Don't assume you can't use her; just she's not required.
I though we rephrased that bit, oh well.

Description on the campaign page said:
The Hardcore Bonus Dungeon will be found inside Ajna's Inner Realm, and will literally be filled with her inner demons. Because they're hers, though, she can't harm them and she'll need a party of four Incarnations to advance!

Think you might need to re-rephrase it then.

But hey, I'm really looking forward to a four Incarnation party. Can it please be a new game+ unlock or something for the rest of the game too?

Also, I'm way late to the subject of co-op being discussed earlier, but as far as local goes, how difficult would it be to make a quick and dirty version that just duplicates and selectively disables buttons across multiple controllers? Out of battle, P1 does everything, during battle each player gets 1-2 characters' buttons, as well as ensuring their own d-pad/L/R only affect their own characters and not each other. Seems to me like the way the game is designed should make that simple enough to do, but of course I know things may turn out more complicated in practice than they sound on paper. Would really love to see it if it can be done though!

Last edited:
Gotta admit I'm pretty sad that gameplay is locked behind animated cutscenes and voice acting...
Edit: I mean, I get that while we are paying for those things we are also contributing with the costs of the extra dungeon and stuff. But damn... I can't help thinking it would be much better to have a bigger gap between the first few stretch goals than getting fluff before content.

Gotta admit I'm pretty sad that gameplay is locked behind animated cutscenes and voice acting...
I think it makes the game. The personality of the characters make it worthwhile. And having an animated opening and full voice acting just carries the experience so much further. Also the InDemand is gonna be open for quite a while. There is time still. Then again those are individual preferences i won't wrong you for them. To each their own.

Talking about intros but this isn't an RPG but when CAPCOM was a good company they did a nice intro in a fighting game:

The best

I think it makes the game. The personality of the characters make it worthwhile. And having an animated opening and full voice acting just carries the experience so much further.
They don't need full voice acting to have a personality. And I believe battle quips are already covered by the base goal, or they wouldn't be in the prototype(?). And an opening is something you watch once and then skip.
But yeah, opinions. There are people who would buy a game just because they watched a cool opening or because they're too lazy to read...

They don't need full voice acting to have a personality. And I believe battle quips are already covered by the base goal, or they wouldn't be in the prototype(?). And an opening is something you watch once and then skip.
But yeah, opinions. There are people who would buy a game just because they watched a cool opening or because they're too lazy to read...

Or maybe they can't read...

Reactions: Not-So-Saint
You guys, I think these stretch goals have clearly shown Lab Zero have no fucking clue what they're doing and they should hand over development and scheduling decisions to us.
oh god...

You know what would happen if we did the development? Horror. Pure Horror. First off it would turned into SG2 and second off DDB would make the entire game about Annie.

You guys, I think these stretch goals have clearly shown Lab Zero have no fucking clue what they're doing and they should hand over development and scheduling decisions to us.
I'd give everyone a Free Blade... And Roti will have a pet Skiffy

oh god...

You know what would happen if we did the development? Horror. Pure Horror. First off it would turned into SG2 and second off DDB would make the entire game about Annie.

It would have been probably on the level of Skullgirls 2: Deadly Airport

Reactions: hellohello123123
Or maybe they can't read...
Dude, if you're gonna talk about the game being accessible, I bet there are many more people capable of reading the game in english than understanding spoken dialogue. And I don't think people below 6 are really the target audience of the game. And that blind people won't have the necessary accessibility options when Skullgirls, which is a fighting game and I believe way harder for blind people, has so many of them.

My first executive decision as the new President and CEO of Lab Zero is to have Mike Z concept everything, and the game shall be in his beautiful art style! \o/

One thing that VO's do over writen text: Portray emotion. You can only type so much,but miss the true emotional feeling. Like, if I went "Oh god, my dad!", am I mad, upset, sad, indiferent? Spoken text would give the line more kick

Hey guys, everyone at labzero probably thought about, researched, talked and did everything necessary to come to the conclusion of this order of stretch goals.

If animated cutscene is before super duper hard dungeon, is either because they want this way(or majority of the team want this way), or it is more viable this way.

Yeah, i'll take a hardcore postgame dungeon before an anime intro any day of the week, but i believe they have pretty good reasons to have the anime intro first in the stretch goal list.

Reactions: @J-Boogie
My first executive decision as the new President and CEO of Lab Zero is to have Mike Z concept everything, and the game shall be in his beautiful art style! \o/
I would actually somewhat kinda support that... maybe!? :PUJNA:

I could write you some code to sort arrays and balance binary trees and stuff, then panic because I know nothing of actual real world coding beyond these generalized CS assignments.

Reactions: Kit Ballard
How does a 15 year old grill have inner demons? Well, then again Raz is even younger and....well.....

Maybe it'll be like Alundra where after winning the game, she has to deal with all the PTSD of killing hundreds of monsters and the eldritch abomination controlling them all :3

How does a 15 year old grill have inner demons? Well, then again Raz is even younger and....well.....

Maybe it'll be like Alundra where after winning the game, she has to deal with all the PTSD of killing hundreds of monsters and the eldritch abomination controlling them all :3
It probably has to do with her powers.

Like, her heruka form, she has a very villain-esque form, i believe everything will be explained in-lore.

Well... time for a SUGGESTION (yeah, I know... no suggestions... but this one is not for the game itself... well... a little...).

To the In Demand part of campaign, Lab 0 already said about the end of all the hight tiers. I suggest not rid at last one of then, if no one gets at end of the campaign: the $20.000.

With this tier, a backer can create a secret room (not only a secret room...), a monster, a boss and an incarnation. Check.

To allow this still working in the In Demand, we only need change a part: besides a room, the backer will create a mini-dungeon!! And all others (monster, Boss and the first glimpse of the incarnation) needs to appear here. With this, Lab 0 can work in the game and only work in this dungeon after all are done, applying this one as a DLC after.

The "Secret Room" tier can be change to some like this; a room who entrance surges only after a DLC (or after get an item only obtainable after a DLC)

(we can try make something like this to others tiers - Monsters or Bosses - but can be more hard to do, or confine this ones in a little space or no relevance...)

What you think about, guys?

EDIT: A New Monster can be setted to be respawn in some or random places after get an item only available by DLC. A Boss can be make at same way (spawn in a place after get a item) or can be a random roaming boss. Well.. in any case, this need be pointed in the tier (the existence of some restrictions).

Last edited: