• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

How does a 15 year old grill have inner demons? Well, then again Raz is even younger and....well...

By Raz do you mean Razmi? if so, where is everyone getting this information on the incarnations? i heard Goodbye state in one of his videos that Razmi is actually very frail and skinny instead of what her dress makes her look like.

This is strange considering i thought she was a much older, bigger woman.

Is there a place that gives the basic stats of the incarnations? like height, body type, age, etc?

By Raz do you mean Razmi? if so, where is everyone getting this information on the incarnations? i heard Goodbye state in one of his videos that Razmi is actually very frail and skinny instead of what her dress makes her look like.

This is strange considering i thought she was a much older, bigger woman.

Is there a place that gives the basic stats of the incarnations? like height, body type, age, etc?

I see a NPC incarnation who can give all the stats from the characters... :PUJNA:

I actually have another question that I was curious about. I know it's another NPC thing but I saw on the Indiegogo:
"Work with the team to design a townsperson or other NPC and write their dialogue!"

What does it mean by "other NPC". Does it mean like a world traveler or something?

Also I'm curious about writing a characters dialogue, if you only get one piece of dialogue, or you can have like 1 or 2 other sets depending on the situation of the world.

That's what the Hidden area is..

Or not...

By the images, we has a lot of types of environments. Unlike Castlevania (one castle), maybe we have more dungeons. The late backer DLC dungeon can be place in a map only after the DLC (but I dont know if this is possible...)

BrandX+ said:
I actually have another question that I was curious about. I know it's another NPC thing but I saw on the Indiegogo:
"Work with the team to design a townsperson or other NPC and write their dialogue!"

What does it mean by "other NPC". Does it mean like a world traveler or something?

In the incarnations bios, we can see a lot of cities and places. Maybe we can walk in those places, and the NPCs will be in there. For now, the game will have 76 backer NPC... will strange all then be pilled in the Ajna Inner Realm.

How does a 15 year old grill have inner demons? Well, then again Raz is even younger and....well.....

Maybe it'll be like Alundra where after winning the game, she has to deal with all the PTSD of killing hundreds of monsters and the eldritch abomination controlling them all :3

Literal inner demons probably.

One thing that VO's do over writen text: Portray emotion. You can only type so much,but miss the true emotional feeling. Like, if I went "Oh god, my dad!", am I mad, upset, sad, indiferent? Spoken text would give the line more kick
Works both ways, really. When it's just text, you can decide what feeling it carries. When it's voiced, you have to deal with the decided outcome no matter your preference.

Part of the reason why most people who read the book before watching the movie prefer the former. We like filling the blanks with our imagination over accepting one specific interpretation.

Works both ways, really. When it's just text, you can decide what feeling it carries. When it's voiced, you have to deal with the decided outcome no matter your preference.

Part of the reason why most people who read the book before watching the movie prefer the former. We like filling the blanks with our imagination over accepting one specific interpretation.
This so much.

Hardcore dungeon is for hardcore players mostly, while vo and cool animation have wider appeal. We're actually trying to sell this game, remember? 505 gotta get their 2+ mils back and I'm pretty sure L0 won't complain about profits either.
And yeah, I understand this fluff sells more than more gameplay. Achievements show us that a lot of people who buy games don't even get halfway...
But damn, that dungeon seems so far away. I seriously hope we can get that.

Reactions: No longer exist
This really shows whenever Mike does a voiced playthrough of Alundra. Playing through the game myself and watching how he and others interpret the characters in different ways is hilarious. I think it'll be fine in the end though, since there's an option to turn voices off in the prototype, so we can probably have it both ways.

How does a 15 year old grill have inner demons? Well, then again Raz is even younger and....well.....

Maybe it'll be like Alundra where after winning the game, she has to deal with all the PTSD of killing hundreds of monsters and the eldritch abomination controlling them all :3
Well having your village burned down and accidently absorbing people and being responsible for the lives of 27 damn ppl changes a man, or girl.

Speaking of Raz. They are trying to crowdinvest Psychonauts 2 for 3.3 mils.

1.7 M already.

OCvVfQE.gif

Speaking of Raz. They are trying to crowdinvest Psychonauts 2 for 3.3 mils.
Well, i really liked the first one back then, so i hope this one will succeed as well! Double fine have got their own ravenous fanbase, so i'm not to worried about it's success.

So does facing your inner demons mean dealing with the pain of your past?

I just like purple and stars...
LUkOfGF.png

If this is going to far, Lab Zero feel free to let me know and I'll get rid of it.

-runs away-

Lets go! :D
Why every time I see "Let's go!" posted in this style I think of MvC3 Felicia canceling her taunt into another taunt? (I should make a video of that...)

Description Page said:
The Hardcore Bonus Dungeon will be found inside Ajna's Inner Realm, and will literally be filled with her inner demons. Because they're hers, though, she can't harm them and she'll need a party of four Incarnations to advance!

Can't harm != Can't use. Could be Ajna's locked into a platformer support role that flips switches and clears the way for her Incarnations to kick Assjna. Alternatively, she could be locked into healing if in the party.

i find it funny that the same people who said 1mil is too much for indivisible are dumping money into psychonauts

Tim Schafer is really bad at budget management
i bet most of the money from the 1st KS went into the voice actors

Now back to Indivisible, i think it might reach it's second stretch next week

FF9 goodness
what makes this scene is that the awesome music just doesn't stop playing for the encounters
you hear the regular "sshhhhhh" and expect the music to go "dundundundundundundundun" any second but the angsty train just ain't stopping

really want that tit mouse animation im out of money. hope others can donate the other 200,000

Titmouse storyboard*
I still wonder who the anime studio is

man those stretch goals they posted on the twitter are way cooler than the animation and music...

man those stretch goals they posted on the twitter are way cooler than the animation and music...

That's why they cost more :0

So how does the slacker backer thing work? Is it an Indiegogo feature?

Titmouse storyboard*
I still wonder who the anime studio is
Toei could probably make an entire 12 episode series out of that budget.

Reactions: EA575 and Agent J
Yar all crazy. The animation goal is smarter than you think.

Say we manage to reach that:
1) Lab Zero reveals the name of the anime studio and that studio's fans say wut and check indivisible.

2) When the intro is ready Lab Zero might show it off early on youtube. People on youtube watching anime find it and say wut and check out indivisible.

You guys understand nuffin

Think you might need to re-rephrase it then.
Done! Tee hee.

Would really love to see it if it can be done though!
That's nice.
It's an idea we already had, since it's simple-sounding, but it's much more work than you think. (^.^)

getting fluff before content.
I understand this fluff sells more than more gameplay.
Whenever you say this, take a breath and remind yourself that different people consider different things "fluff" and "content".

How does a 15 year old grill have inner demons?
I know this was a sarcastic comment, but you should not belittle the problems people can have, at any age:
http://kateordiecomics.com/archive/self-injury-pt-1/ (warning, not for everyone)
Depression, anxiety, self-harm, drug abuse...things like these do not discriminate based on age, gender, societal standing, or anything else.

It means they don't have to be stuck in a town, yes.

Also I'm curious about writing a characters dialogue, if you only get one piece of dialogue, or you can have like 1 or 2 other sets depending on the situation of the world.
That's probably possible. It might be more like "Ajna is going to visit this place 3 times, and these will be the events of those times. Do you want new dialogue for those?"

This really shows whenever Mike does a voiced playthrough of Alundra. Playing through the game myself and watching how he and others interpret the characters in different ways is hilarious.
Be sure and watch the 7th annual Alundrathon™ THIS New Year's Eve, only on Lab Zero!

Be sure and watch the 7th annual Alundrathon™ THIS New Year's Eve, only on Lab Zero!
Man, if Indivisible didn't get funded, I felt like this upcoming Alundrathon would have had a much different tone to it (for me at least). Thankfully, we can all focus on celebrating for the rest of the year! ^_^

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I know this was a sarcastic comment, but you should not belittle the problems people can have, at any age:
http://kateordiecomics.com/archive/self-injury-pt-1/ (warning, not for everyone)
Depression, anxiety, self-harm, drug abuse...things like these do not discriminate based on age, gender, societal standing, or anything else.

I didn't mean to belittle anyone, let alone a fictional character. What i meant though, is how can a 15 year old grill living peacefully in a quiet village with her dad for i assume most of her life have inner demons?

Am I really the only person who preffers a lot of VO over one dungeon? ;_;

I have that weird kink where good audio design just multiplies my base enjoyment of game by a lot.

Also you know what would be cool? If we managed to actually give L0 more money than 505. :3

I didn't mean to belittle anyone, let alone a fictional character. What i meant though, is how can a 15 year old grill living peacefully in a quiet village with her dad for i assume most of her life have inner demons?

But you see, her dad is dead at that point and her whole village was burned to the ground. Enough to cause a trauma and inner demons of "Oh no, I failed to save them!" sort.

Reactions: Shadowfury333
I have that weird kink where good audio design just multiplies my base enjoyment of game by a lot.
The game is budgeted for where voice acting would be important already, and people tend to think gameplay is rather more important to a video game than extra voice acting, me being one of them.

I'm not belittling the goal, full VO is cool, just explaining the difference in opinion.

Reactions: Professor Icepick
What i meant though, is how can a 15 year old grill living peacefully in a quiet village with her dad for i assume most of her life have inner demons?
You kinda maybeeee forgot the part where her father and village are murdered
I would personally feel horrible knowing that I survived knowing that some of those people were much better than me.

*snip*

Because they're separate goals. :P

I guess I'm just more for the whole game seeming more complete, than just throwing an extra hour or 2 on top of it.

The obvious answer to what's more important is to fund EVERYTHING. It's like ya'll ain't even trying, I swear. :T

You kinda maybeeee forgot the part where her father and village are murdered
I would personally feel horrible knowing that I survived knowing that some of those people were much better than me.
And that's all we know for now, but since this bonus dungeon comes near the end of the game, it's possible there are other things in the story that gives her demons.