• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Anyone else watched the fortress concepts and remembered of Asura's Wrath?

Honestly oddly enough I'm reminded of ICO or Corridors of time.

I hope Kala becomes a bonus boss that resembles Lavos from Chrono Trigger. I loved the design of that fortress, it reminds me of Asura's Wrath, heck, it even reminds me of Of Monsters And Men music videos.
Bonus? I'm pretty sure Alex has said Ajna's goal is to punch Kala in the face.

I really think a well-known-company developer shouldn't speak like this in public.
Eh, it's Mike's schtick. If he wasn't being a bit of an asshole, it'd be cause for concern. "You haven't told us we're dumb for at least twelve hours, is something wrong?"

Reactions: missingno
Eh, it's Mike's schtick. If he wasn't being a bit of an asshole, it'd be cause for concern. "You haven't told us we're dumb for at least twelve hours, is something wrong?"
I actually love Mike's style. He never shies away from speaking his mind and more often than not he knows what he's talking about. While it could be suboptimal from like proper pr standpoint or some shit, I'd prefer it to empty niceties any day of the week.

Yeah, plus he isn't a total meanie. He's honest, but not an asshole. If he feels like apologising for something he does so, or at least I can see him like that.

At least he's not Anthony Burch.

Reactions: Not-So-Saint
Honestly a developer with a sense of humor is better than one that doesn't or pretends not to. But before we get too off topic let's hop on back the Indvisible topic.

I for one am curious to see how sci-fi elements play with a fantasy setting. Could be played out well if creative or it could flop if not and seem like a tack on.

Last edited:
Look, we've all seen Mike in his underwear. I don't know why his dick is suddenly such an issue
I had underwear on underneath those, ya know.
I really think a well-known-company developer shouldn't speak like this in public.
I agree, but that doesn't necessarily mean one can resist an irresistable setup.

I think anyone should be allowed to joke. ESPECIALLY with that setup. Of course one can argue where he-

W- wait, what thread am I in?

Reactions: Kit Ballard
Didn't you guys read the fine print of the 2nd stretch goal?
wait what!? gotta check the page again... cant find it where is it?

Really? Darn I half hoped for a boss fight with the devs!

Mike has an honest, good sense of humor. That's way better than devs who still quote memes in front of hundreds of people. By the way, Kala is the creature/goddess/monster that crashed on the planet and caused the Sea of Milk (can't remember if that was its name, I need to read the plot again) to appear? What is the name of the shark god that appears in Leilani's backstory?

Mike "is a meme" Z

Mike has an honest, good sense of humor. That's way better than devs who still quote memes in front of hundreds of people. By the way, Kala is the creature/goddess/monster that crashed on the planet and caused the Sea of Milk (can't remember if that was its name, I need to read the plot again) to appear? What is the name of the shark god that appears in Leilani's backstory?
Description just says "the shark god." Would be a neat twist if it were Kala, though.

~ Leilani ~

ejcfpjeey6wpa4cxfzgz.png

Boisterous and resourceful, Leilani is the polar opposite of her shy and reserved twin sister. Inseparable since birth, the two young priestesses spent each day together, with Leilani assuming the role of protector in times of danger.

When her sister was chosen by their starving village as a sacrifice to the shark god, Leilani did not hesitate. As her sister tearfully protested, she stood, arms skyward, bravely awaiting the jaws of death.

In recognition for her courage, rather than devour her, the shark god instead adopted her. Returned to the material world with a weapon fashioned from his discarded teeth, Leilani is charged with protecting those in need... but barred from ever seeing her sister again, lest the secret be revealed.
Speaking of... Is it just me, or is Leilani a little weird? Her legs look way thicker than her upper body, and she doesn't have whites in her eyes. Eh, I don't know, I'm made uncomfortable by small children anyway...

Really? Darn I half hoped for a boss fight with the devs!
You try to fight the Mike Z boss but he just kills you with a billion kanchos in the blink of an eye.

Description just says "the shark god." Would be a neat twist if it were Kala, though.

~ Leilani ~

ejcfpjeey6wpa4cxfzgz.png

Boisterous and resourceful, Leilani is the polar opposite of her shy and reserved twin sister. Inseparable since birth, the two young priestesses spent each day together, with Leilani assuming the role of protector in times of danger.

When her sister was chosen by their starving village as a sacrifice to the shark god, Leilani did not hesitate. As her sister tearfully protested, she stood, arms skyward, bravely awaiting the jaws of death.

In recognition for her courage, rather than devour her, the shark god instead adopted her. Returned to the material world with a weapon fashioned from his discarded teeth, Leilani is charged with protecting those in need... but barred from ever seeing her sister again, lest the secret be revealed.
Speaking of... Is it just me, or is Leilani a little weird? Her legs look way thicker than her upper body, and she doesn't have whites in her eyes. Eh, I don't know, I'm made uncomfortable by small children anyway...
Well the portraits of all team members were done by different artists. I like the eyes though. I think we talked about how she looks a bazillion pages ago but this thread is a monster.

Or my favorite and most simple.

"Mike are you going to fix Skullgirls anymore?"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

Reactions: Not-So-Saint
Or my favorite and most simple.

"Mike are you going to fix Skullgirls anymore?"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!"
i think the actually saying was

"Mike are you going to buff Painwhe-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

Was it? my bad. I only saw the clip from Kai's channel.

Was it? my bad. I only saw the clip from Kai's channel.
nah it's actually from a time when Mike was recounting someone playing a game and she was getting super salty and he was just ren-acting her outburst.

I for one am curious to see how sci-fi elements play with a fantasy setting. Could be played out well if creative or it could flop if not and seem like a tack on.
It's actually not that hard. "These people are super advanced and reject the world notion of Magic and spiritualism, and have pressed forward creating advanced steampunk technology!" "These people are super advanced in the other direction, and have begun to abuse the natural magics of the world to power monsterous machines!"

Both of those themes were actually also used in Chrono Trigger, just as a random game to choose. Here are a few maps from CT, for those who haven't played the game:
57049.png
3105.png
54392.png
54034.png
Chrono Trigger explains Dinosaurs, Robots, Demons, Monsters, Aliens, Time Travel, and Extra Dimensional Warriors all at the same time. I am not one bit worried about Indivisible being able to make me believe a floating highly advanced castle exists in this world.

Reactions: KaboomKid
Yeah but with chrono trigger there was more an element of Time travel.Like the distant future is very robotic and destroyed, the "present day" has a fantasy feeling to it with aside from Lucca and her house but even then that was because she was an inventor. The past had no robotics and felt like the past. everything felt in place.

My fear is the sc-fi element will feel out of place in indivisible (unless there actually is Time Travel.) I want the future stuff to feel like its part of the world in some way or another. I just dont want it to be "boom sc-fi world" if we havent been introduced to the concept of sc-fi or even steampunk before in the world.

EDIT: In Chrono Trigger it introduces you to both the concept of fantasy and technology at the start of the game, later on you travel to the past where its full fantasy and then to the future where its desolate and full of broken machines. I hope that Indivisble can do a good job of introducing sc-fi or even steampunk elements to the player so the sc-fi and steampunk worlds don't feel out of place.

Last edited:
The past had no robotics and felt like the past. everything felt in place.
The ocean palace was in the past and had robots. They literally used magic to make machines. It's also kinda weird to just excuse Lucca's House as an exception to the "everything is in it's place" rule. Why is her stuff believable (she made TRANSDIMENSIONAL TRANSPORTATION PADS at a Medieval festival where the next most advanced thing is a crossbow), but a flying temple with high tech interior wouldn't be?

I've played enough JRPG's to know like this'll work seamlessly. It doesn't even need to be explained well, any explanation will suffice (Lucca is super smart/Dinosaurs can talk/Magic exists/there's a man who lives at the end of time/Literally anything at all). Like I said, "They are abusing the powers of a captured God/Spiritual monks strapped to machines to steal their magic/Magic crystals/A piece of a god's armor that fell off during a war to make high tech shit" would be enough.

My fear is the sc-fi element will feel out of place in indivisible (unless there actually is Time Travel.) I want the future stuff to feel like its part of the world in some way or another. I just dont want it to be "boom sc-fi world" if we havent been introduced to the concept of sc-fi or even steampunk before in the world.
Google is researching self-driving cars in developed countries where people own houses that turn on the lights automatically when they get home, ride "hoverboards" and Segways, spend hours dying their hair different colors just because, and perform strenuous physical exercise by desire. People have been given bionic limbs, cochlear implants, and replacement eyes. Meanwhile, elsewhere in the world people are living in mud huts raising goats and hunting animals to survive without a basic idea of how to prevent STDs, living in terribly polluted cities where the haves and the have-nots are separated by hundreds of feet of steel and concrete, and military leaders conduct mass genocides.

I don't think "one place has magic and another doesn't" is too much of a stretch comparatively.

Last edited:
Alright fair point. But here's the big question: Will they be fun areas to explore? Though I could ask that question to any area but a sc-fi area can lend itself to a lot of creative ideas and cool setpeices.

So, what exactly is the math behind the name of the game?

It's not divisible by MN9, due to it probably being a good game, but Shantae can easily break it down to it's simplest mathematical form through the action-platforming genre theory? Where do I multiply by Shovel Knight or Yooka-Laylee?