• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Introduce Yourself!

Hello, everyone! I've stole the name Mise from an old MTG card and have been using it for a while now. I bought SG the hour before it went became available on steam, mostly because I was a huge fan of Michiru Yamane, and have now joined on the forums to keep me interested in the game and to find people to practice with.

I haven't spent an extended time with too many fighting games. Killer Instinct when I was very young, and Soul Calibur 2 in middle school.

Hello, everyone! I've stole the name Mise from an old MTG card and have been using it for a while now. I bought SG the hour before it went became available on steam, mostly because I was a huge fan of Michiru Yamane, and have now joined on the forums to keep me interested in the game and to find people to practice with.

I haven't spent an extended time with too many fighting games. Killer Instinct when I was very young, and Soul Calibur 2 in middle school.
Anyone can add me if they like. I am on the Canadian West Coast.
I am not top tier but will probably beat up on a newbie. But I try to always be respectful and will never troll you.

steam: lampserver

Hello! The name's MasterBat, and one time I was accidentally called 'masturbate' by a commander in NS2, which I found hilarious.

I've been playing fighting games and RTS games for a really long time now and I have decided that I want to become a game designer some day! I've fallen in love with games such as Starcraft Broodwar, Warcraft 3, Guilty Gear, Street Fighter, Dust: AET, and more recently... Skullgirls!

I am also a bit of an artist and yeah I've been trying to get around drawing squigly, my favorite character! But yeah, you won't see much fanart but you can check it out anyway.

I've actually discovered this game about a year ago when it was advertised by Angry Joe and now that it was released on steam I decided to check it out. So far, as much as I feel there are a few problems with the game, I have a blast playing it. Well, I wanted to see what's going on with the community over here and learn all your secrets! >8-)

Last edited:
Hello! The name's MasterBat, and one time I was accidentally called 'masturbate' by a commander in NS2, which I found hilarious.

I've been playing fighting games and RTS games for a really long time now and I have decided that I want to become a game designer some day! I've fallen in love with games such as Starcraft Broodwar, Warcraft 3, Guilty Gear, Street Fighter, Dust: AET, and more recently... Skullgirls!

I've actually discovered this game about a year ago when it was advertised by Angry Joe and now that it was released on steam I decided to check it out. So far, as much as I feel there are a few problems with the game, I have a blast playing it. Well, I wanted to see what's going on with the community over here and learn all your secrets! >8-)

If you want to talk to MikeZ the designer of the game you should join #skullgirls on irc.mizuumi.net. His irc handle is wippler-married.

Hello everyone! Name's ObakaCheshire. Casual who wants to be more of a serious fighter.... I lack a fighting stick however. I love Robots... Too much... Really... Blame Robo-Ky.

I Happened across Skullgirls out of curiosity a few years ago from looking into Alex's old works and such. I was a regular on Gaia online, and Sort of found out through there. Since then, I've been trying to keep up on the game's progress and help it in anyway.

I do some drawings here and there as well, but I'm no Da Vinci... I'm better at impressions that my own art, personally. My Tastes in games are all over the place. There usually is at least something in each category I like. It's very nice to meet you all and I hope to have a wonderful stay here on Skullheart! :D

Reactions: Messa
*jumps in, out of the blue, and trips* *gets up and acts like nothing happened*

Well, hello, ladies and gentlemen and other creatures. This is Chuck Draug speaking... I've been playing Skullgirls since the game was released in PSN and XBox Live, but never got the chance to join the forum. Now I can fix that by introducing myself here...

Nothing that much big or impressive: I'm just some Spanish guy who at first wasn't that interested the first time I heard of Skullgirls, but after Peacock was revealed as the 3rd character of the game, it got all my interest - can't help it, I'm in for cartoons. xD And yeah, I pretty much enjoy the game itself, a lot.

Aside from that, I'm just an engineer with little to no free time... A pity, because one of my hobbies is drawing. And this game's art is very inspiring.

So... how am I going to make myself comfortable in this forum? Dunno, I'll just try to find my place. I might not be a very active member - you could say I'm all over the Internet xD -, but I'll try to at least have something useful to say.

Draug out.

Hello people! I go by the tag Scorch or Scorch GR as I'm greek. I 'm more into fps games rather than fight games. Last fight game I've played before skullgirls was.. hmm. let my see. oh yeah! mortal combat, 11 years ago on nitendo poket :P . The reason is because i don't like the realistic graffics on 2D gaming. And that's the main reason I ended up here as well. I like cartoonized characters better. But anyways, let me give some info about myself. I work as an aircraft mechanic. My main hobby also involves aircrafts, as I picked up air-modeling 13 years ago. (Yeah, it was back in 2000 when the world would have supposedly been destroyed, as it did last year :D .) Anyway, I hope my stay won't mess up skullheart too much, and if you have any problems with your full-size or model aircraft, please don't hesitate to talk to me :P.

Greetings everyone,

I'm Dawn111, and I would like to say that I love Skullgirls alot, because it's a fantastic fighting game that I get to play on my PC. I also love Soul Calibur II, SF4AE, Doom, Project Diva 2nd, Portal, Total Annihilation, and Bejeweled 3.

I mainly play video games for fun, and I do win some online matches. I mainly play as Squigly, because she is my favorite character in this game.

Last edited:
I have full mastery of Scrub Tier Filia.

I have no moe, More Magical Girl.

Hiyas. My name is PJ and I'm one of the old farts of the community I suppose. (was 40 last May)

Been playing fighting games since twin-stick Karate Champ in the arcades, took about a 12 year hiatus (round the time SF3 was making it's rise) and just came back to playing them about a year ago to find them drastically changed, and any skill I once possessed in the veritable toilet lol. Been trying all the recent fighters and have been following SG since it's inception, but never actually tried the game until picking it up on PSN during the last sale and it's now pretty much the only fighter I am seriously trying to learn (which is more than a hurdle with my terrible reaction times/coordination these days). But I love the six-button layout, the similarity to the old vs series games I used to love, and the "simplicity" of it's meter management. (which I honestly abhor in the majority of todays fighters).

Currently running Solobella and Peacock but will eventually get up to snuff enough to run them as a duo team. I absolutely love their designs as characters (specially the 10,000 references in Peacock) and the visual style of this game alone makes me want to play it above the others, with only Persona 4 Arena coming in a close second.

Nice to meet you all. :)

Yo, I'm Disparrow and I like Skullgirls, kittens, and long walks on the beach at night. I used to be really into fighting games in high school, mostly sticking to Street Fighter 3, Soul Caliber series, and Smash (if that even counts). I haven't been playing a lot of them recently, but I was interested in Skullgirls when I heard about it for consoles, but I stopped paying for my XBL gold, so I was never motivated to play it, but now with the Steam release Skullgirls has brought me back into fighting games.

And boy do I suck. It's to be expected going three to four years without playing fighting games, but after playing Skullgirls just in single player I was embarrassed at how much I've decayed, but that's why I'm here, to get gud. I'm trying to get a knack for Painwheel because she's awesome and has always been my favorite member of the cast since I first heard about this game, and when I saw her Eva Unit 01 palette that only further cemented her special place in my heart. Yes, I am also a big anime fan.

Reactions: gllt
Heya.

I'm darkblade77, aka Eric.

I'm one of the programmers working on Skullgirls for the PC port. Most of what I do is related to the UI backend; the Story Mode improvements and the Art Gallery implementation are my work, for example. In many cases, I'm taking designs Brady has made and making/breathing logic into them.

I've been around here and there for a while, but I never really posted on Skullheart post-wipe much, so I figured I'd formally say hello this time around.

also i really need to get better in my art

Hey guys, I am scrubbyscum999, but people on twitch call me scrubby for short.

I have been obsessed with this game ll this past summer. I even watched the tourney at CEO 2013. I didn't know my laptop could run SG though till last week. All I need is an arcade stick and I can start putting to use all the stuff I learned this summer. I want to learn Painwheel and Cerebella. Once I get my stick I will start recording my progress here. I never really played FGs seriously, but I am going to practice a few hours a day and try and become the best! For now, I am just a scrub. I like rock music, classical, VGM, and collect vinyl records. Add me if you are just starting. I hope to know the community even better.

Hiya everyone, never posted on here before so I figured this would be as good a place as any to start.

Name's cody316, psn's wdh316. Just a guy going to school who has been playing fighting games since Soul Calibur II back in middle school. The only real 2d fighters I've played are some GG/BB/SF4/SF3 all of which I'm laughably bad at, and this.

I saw the Painwheel trailer back before the game came out, and decided then and there to main her. Fast forward to now and she's still the only character I use, sometimes friends and I will goof off and pick random or I'll pick my friend's Val just to bug him but all in all it's just PW. But hey, getting to 1800 on psn isn't too bad for a solo as far as I'm concerned. :P

But since the gamefaqs boards have all but dried up I realized that I ought to come here and start chatting.

Stuck near Chicago which limits me for going to actual events, and until the new content comes to consoles my beloved ranked matches on psn are pretty dry. But I'm still here, and I'm happy with that. :D

Seriously though, Solo Painwheel for life.

hello everyone my name is cyberninja95 i am from U.S i am around average level in fighting games( i mostly play skullgirls,blazblue,guilty gear,street fighter) i am planing to play chaos code and persona 4 arena in the near future. I like anime and video games and i hope to get along with everyone in this community.

Hiya everyone, never posted on here before so I figured this would be as good a place as any to start.

Name's cody316, psn's wdh316. Just a guy going to school who has been playing fighting games since Soul Calibur II back in middle school. The only real 2d fighters I've played are some GG/BB/SF4/SF3 all of which I'm laughably bad at, and this.

I saw the Painwheel trailer back before the game came out, and decided then and there to main her. Fast forward to now and she's still the only character I use, sometimes friends and I will goof off and pick random or I'll pick my friend's Val just to bug him but all in all it's just PW. But hey, getting to 1800 on psn isn't too bad for a solo as far as I'm concerned. :P

But since the gamefaqs boards have all but dried up I realized that I ought to come here and start chatting.

Stuck near Chicago which limits me for going to actual events, and until the new content comes to consoles my beloved ranked matches on psn are pretty dry. But I'm still here, and I'm happy with that. :D

Seriously though, Solo Painwheel for life.

Isn't UFGT in Chicago?

Hey everyone,

The name is Ryan, I hail from the good old state of Arizona, and I have been playing fighting games since the street fighter 2 on my super nes. I enjoy skullgirls immensely and I cannot wait for my main man Ben "Big Band" Birdland to come out. I have always enjoyed fighters, people sometimes rage here and there but there is no better or friendlier community. I have played most other fighting games out there from virtual fighter, to blazblue. I rather like playing and learning new moves to progress my skills, no one is ever really great at a game, it takes time and effort to get the hang of any game. I play on a afterglow gamepad for the 360, build for the pc, I never really do like fight sticks, they are supposedly "top of the line" to me however I like something that fits in my hands. Some of the more complicated moves takes some finesse but its nothing that you can prevail over some good old practice. Fell free to add me on steam, got my steam ID an everything on my profile, happy gaming everyone.

Reactions: Muro
Hi everyone,

I picked up this game when it was released on Steam. I don't have much experience with fighting games (only played SSF4 casually for a while) but I really like this game so far. I wish the combos were a bit shorter, though.

I'm currently trying to learn to play all the characters, one at a time. I'm comfortable with 5 of them so far. 4 more to go !

Hello, everyone. Nice to meet you all.

On this site, I'm LaCheshireZorua, everywhere else I'm KingCheshireZorua, but you can default to calling me King, Chess, Chesh, Zorua, Jack (I dun even know), Cheshire, or what ever you feel like calling me.

I've been a gamer for a while, but only recently got into fighting games, so I'm probably nowhere near the level of skill that other players here have. Especially as far as SkullGirls goes. Doesn't mean I'm not trying to get better, though. :)

Of course, finding time to play the game and practice can be hard, as right now I'm in college, working towards a Music degree. But if I have free time, I usually will be practicing at the game so I can get better.

And with that, have fun with the game everyone.

Ello Mates,

I am one of those that never gotten into any fighting games, and only play smash bros. I'm one of those that spams stuff and hope to god it works out. Like a bunch of new people I tried out SG during the steam free weekend and thought the game was well animated and done. So here I am! Add me on steam if you want to fight a noob, or play some DOTA 2 (ehhe)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/to3phu

Greetings! My name is CHAOS_FANTAZY; feel welcome to call me "Chaos" or CF as a shorthand. I'm just another new member to the Skull Society who picked it up during the Steam Weekend Sale about a week ago here. I'm not very good at fighting games, mostly because I don't play a lot of them (My skill amounts to years of Smash Bros. and a few rounds of Soul Calibur IV against a friend of mine who owns the game). My skill doesn't amount to much; I'm too slow-witted for combos and rely heavily on short strings of power hits.
I had known about Skullgirls for a while before the sale, but I only saw what really makes up its face on the outside: Filia, Peacock, and Valentine were the only characters I knew even a little about. Without much reason to get it (Being bad at fighting games), I had always ignored it until the sale. Since I was bored that weekend, I decided to give it a try (What's the harm in trying a free game?), and...man, was I blown away. Skullgirls enchanted me, not only for its gameplay, but also for its story—I had always had the disposition that every fighting game had a hackneyed at best, and atrocious at worst, story. Skullgirls's, needless to say, surprised me with its quality. Soon I was absorbed in the universe. As the sale drew to a close, I eventually decided "Ah, if I don't buy it now, I'll have to pay more for it when I want it later." So I got it.
Presently I have beaten Story Mode on Normal with every character, and Arcade on Hard as Parasoul on a team of one. I consider myself learned with most of the roster (Save Peacock and Painwheel; I am not very good at playing those two at all), but I would have to say my two "mains" are Parasoul and Valentine. My skill is definitely not enough compared to most players I encounter online, and I definitely need to improve my strategies against Filia.

Anyways, aside from Skullgirls, I have a variety of interests. I do enjoy games in general; specifically, difficult, old-school platformers like Mega Man. I am an avid Role-Player and would like to consider myself an expert in character design. I aspire to become a game designer myself someday. I've never done voice-acting before, mostly due to lack of a good mic, but I think given the chance I could do well enough. And...well, um, I suppose that's enough information for just meeting me. Hello, Skull Society!

Last edited:
hi I'm chompompcharly, I've been playing the game for well over a year and I still suck majorly and I cant even do the tutorials, but I'm fine with sucking, playing by myself is still fun lol, and the game has always been pretty to look at

Hello again, I don't know if anyone remembers me after so many months lol I'm the Aeon fanboy and one of the worst players ever, but I love the game.
Cheers from Argentina, old and new members! It's good to be back :)

Reactions: Muro
Hi everyone!
Living in the UK studying for AS levels atm. I've been playing games before I could crawl, my first word was "Tekka" (tekken). I'm no stranger to fighting games having (seriously) played Dead or Alive 5, virtua fighter 5: FS, Tekken tag 2, Soul calibur V and mortal kombat 9. So yeah; more of a 3D fighter myself.

Came across skullgirls the other weekend when it was free on steam and I really enjoyed it so far as to seriously pick it up and take it all the way to the competitive level as I'm doing with Virtua fighter and dead or alive (once I get the ultimate edition).

Pretty skint atm and I haven't even purchased the game yet due to bills I gotta pay for my flat but gonna see whats what next week and try to get some money together.

Anyway I'll be playing a lot online so add me up on steam for a few matches, mostly gonna be on every other weekend and every other week day depending on the work load from school. Also if there's any events going on here in the UK and you need people to turn up I'll see what I can do; I always prefer to play offline.

Hello, Skullheart!

I've been quite the lurker on this site for a long time (even before the site went down), so I felt it was about time I signed up! I've been a fan of the chaos that is fighting games for as long as I can remember, even if I'm terrible at them. My previous fighting game experience includes the Super Smash Bros. series, the Street Fighter series, and Mahvel.

I was easily drawn to Skullgirls by its art and gameplay. Filia is my best and favorite character, and I play offline because I'm too broke and cheap to pay for XBox Live. I am currently waiting for the XBLA MDE patch and Umbrella.

Pleased to meet you!

I am Midiman. I liked this game for a long when it was shown to me by a then-angry Zinac on IRC. I was immediately hooked afterwards.

Then I bought the game and went to salty cupcakes sometimes.

I try to make games sometimes and maybe some musical jams, and I like cool things like Jazz, Miqo'tes, Sonic The Hedgehog and probably some other junk like JSRF.

Hi.

I probably posted here before.

Hello, Vladislav brought me on here. I'm 22 years old from Finland. My current hobbies are ITF Taekwon-Do, Anime/manga and Riichi Mahjong. I'm 2d fighting game player in semi good level and attending lots offline meetings and tournaments. I have started to play 2d fighting game since 2006 from Melty blood. I have played first time on tourneys and offline meetings since 2010 from SSFIV. I'm also combo video artist and doing combo videos sometimes on my youtube channel: Click!

My main games are atm:

SSFIV AE (mains: Juri, Rose, Makoto, Sakura)
KOFXIII (mains: Elisabeth/Yuri, Kula, Vice)
BBCP (mains: Bullet, Platinum, Makoto, Kokonoe)
GGAC+R (main: Dizzy)
MBAACC (C-Ciel, H-Sion, C-Seifuku, H-Powerd, C-Miyako)

I main Valentine + Parasoul team in SG (before Parasoul only).

I have been played SG when it came to consoles and about 48+ hours of SG beta when it came. When SG full version came, i had break from it and now trying to getting back to shape in SG.

Last edited:
Sup, my name is Alain, it's pronounced like the English name "Alan", but if you call me Elaine, I really won't mind. Anyway, I'm an 18 year old black kid from Harlem, New York (anyone doesn't know much about Harlem or NY in general, it's basically in New York City, Manhattan to be exact, and it's considered to be the ghetto), who wants to be a graphic designer. I like rap and indie rock. Oh and Skullgirls? I've had it since its release on console last year, got into it, and stopped playing, I did go back sometime but got a little bored of it after the update on Xbox. Later on (and by later on I mean like 6 months later) I got it while it was on sale for 5 bucks on PS+, but never played it, a month later I got on Steam and have been playing it ever since. Ms. Fortune foe life.
What's up?

Hello everyone, you should know my name by now.
I founded out about Skullgirls in a Let's Play about it.
I have never been that much of a fighting game player. The only games I have played a lot were Smash Bros & Godzilla Fighters.
Some of my interest are Skullgirls (but you all ready knew that), video games, Daikaiju movies Ex: Godzilla, Gamera, & Pacific Rim, taking walks, talking to people, & the internet.
My favorite character from the game is Painwheel, Peacock is a close 2nd.

I hope to get along with all of you & have fun here.

Thanks. :QCF::HP::HP::HP:

Hey everyone!

I'm Sinister_Kun and I'm a long time player of many fighting games...

I picked up Skullgirls as I enjoy something new and this is fresh..

I main Peacock, and I sub Squigs and Val!

If anyone has PSN or Steam, hit me up for a couple of matches!

Yo.
You can just call me Pantslord, I guess.
I got into Skullgirls about a year ago. I'm pretty bad at this game.
I don't even remember when I found this game, but I'm glad I did.
ATM I play Filia, Ms. Fortune, Cerebella. Though when Squigly comes out I'll probably pick her up.
I also run Poorly Drawn Skoolgrills, incase anyone wanted to know.

Hi, I'm Cynical.

I'm a brand new player on PC, and pretty bad (I lose to almost everyone, ha). I've got a bit of very super-casual GGXX and BBCT experience, but never above the level of just scrubbing around with college friends/roommates.

I appear in game as pbacque. Currently, I play a solo-Valentine, just because I'm not comfortable enough yet to learn a second character for an assist.

I'm a 27-year old Floridian who bought Skullgirls at launch on Xbox 360, contributed $75 to the Skullgirls Indiegogo campaign, and now wish I hadn't.

Have a good day.

and now wish I hadn't.
Don't worry, Annie's coming soon... We gotta stay strong.

Reactions: Hyperaxe1
Hey there everyone!

My name is Shuriblur! I was a very small part of the original Skullheart forums, and I hope that I can become a bit more active this time around. (Engage in more topics than just VA line ideas.) Not a whole lot about me. I live in PA and I was introduced to Skullgirls somewhere on the internet. I fell in love with the animation and thought that the character design was very unique, so I ended up buying it even though I'm not very good with fighting games. And well, let's just say that I really enjoy the game. So much in fact, that I have a copy for each of the platforms. So, I'm currently working on getting better at this gorgeous 2D fighter. Have even attended three tournaments, although I haven't been to one in awhile.

What else? I hope to become an actor one day, and I would really love to become a voice actor. I really appreciate the art, and so much of my interest involves voice acting in one way or another. (Animation, video games, etc.) Maybe if I try hard enough, I will one day voice a SG character! We'll see what happens. Anyways, hope to get to know a lot of you soon. And if I'm ever online and you want to spar, feel free to send me a message. I'll try to hold my own with my Fortune/Filia team!

That's "claw" for "meow". (Sorry.)

(I'm not actually new I've just been lurking a whole lot, but that's beside the point)

Hi, my name is Fosh and I am an alcoholic, er I mean, and I've been playing SG since the Beta first hit PC probably close to 5 or 6 months ago at this point. I live out in the central coast of California (probably about halfway between LA and SF) and there's no local scene here aside from my one friend who's too busy finishing up his Master's Thesis this quarter to ever play. Online warrior, ahoy. I run DoubleBella and sometimes record quick matches to put onto the internet so everyone can see how bad I am at this game. Currently in my third year of going to university for a B.S. in Math and looking to build up some experience in CompSci before I get out.