• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Jan 22-23, 2016] Frosty Faustings VIII - Northbrook, IL(Chicago)

BGCallisto

Reaction score
Valentine Filia Cerebella
Frosty Faustings VIII

http://frostyfaustings.com

Dates: Friday 1/22/16 - Saturday 1/23/16

Venue: Crowne Plaza Chicago-Northbrook https://m.ihg.com/hotels/crowneplaza/us/en/hoteldetail/chinr
$89 w/ Discount Code 'FY6'

Registration: $25 early/$30 late/$35 emergency http://frostyfaustings.com/register/
(current listed price for casuals badges is high, checking with staff to get that corrected)

(Will add more info later when not posting from phone)

Hey guys! We're in full swing putting together the next Frosty Faustings, and Skullgirls will be included as an official game!

The actual bracket will be run on Saturday the 23rd, though I'm currently trying to gauge interest on how many people would be interested in also attending on Friday night.

I'm thinking of working with Kai to put on another live show like the Saturday Night Salt Live we did at Combo Breaker, but FF is only a two-day event so the Saturday schedule will be very full; the only time we could fit it in would be Friday night after USF4 teams(11pm-ish).

Let me know what you guys think as to who can/would come for both days so that we know if we should move forward with putting it together. Hope to see you guys there!

Last edited:
I should be there all weekend. I was thinking of not getting hotel stay, but I might if I can get my bud Maul to stay instead of traveling every day (which would likely only be Sunday) to the event.

So as of right now, sign me up as well as Maul. He goes to locals, so you have likely met him. If anything changes, I will let you know in the next couple of days.

Just spent all my available time off going to CEOtaku but I wish you the best.

I'll have to check with work what can be done, but here's hoping

Reactions: fenster
In there. also Callisto maybe update the OP with some general FF info? Since this is currently the FF thread lol

How was the SG turnout last year? This might be the first major tournament that I'm able to go to.

I'm gonna try to see if I can get out to this. I'll have to do some late night flying Friday night as I don't think I can get off work, and I'll probably have to dip Sunday afternoon, but hell I'll try to see if I can make this a quick turnaround and get in there.

How was the SG turnout last year? This might be the first major tournament that I'm able to go to.
23? 26? I think we'll end up doing better than that this year, though, just off of how well Combo Breaker went. I think we're looking at 32+ this time around.

Last year was 23. 32 would be a great number to hit for Saturday, I think as long as we could confirm 16+ for Friday we could make something fun.

@Rizil it's only a two day event so people will be out Sunday morning anyways, Friday night is mostly teams and small turnout games, starts around 7pm.

Also fwiw I wouldn't call FF a major at all, we just don't have a 'regionals' section, lol. Competition level in Xrd will be pretty top-tier though for those who play that.

What's the hotel gonna be with the discount? 60-70?

Also, I'm pretty sure last year is how KC's @Ryden Onkars earned his other name.

I'm planning on coming to this... barring any day-of car issues like I ran into last year haha. I had a good time at the last FF and this one is shaping up to be even better.

I'm graduating this semester in December, and I'm currently applying for jobs/doing interviews. Whether or not I can do depends on whether or not I have a job by then. Taking two days off the first month of your first job ain't exactly the greatest.

In other words, if I'm an unemployed college grad at this time, I'll be there drowning my tears with Skullgirls! (the rest of KC is probably a lock for this event)

What's the hotel gonna be with the discount? 60-70?

Also, I'm pretty sure last year is how KC's @Ryden Onkars earned his other name.

It's a Megaman/Egoraptor reference, and he had the name before that. Or we made him ride on the roof of the car, whichever version of the story people wanna believe.

Last edited:
What's the point of having a two day convention but still having one of the two days be part of the conventional work week?

It's really more of a 1 day event. Friday night is for super niche games, casuals, and team tournaments. I very much doubt anything official will happen on Friday before 6-7 PM. The bulk of the tournaments, including SG, will be on Saturday.

We're not niche? Woooooooo!

We're niche we're just not Arcana Heart niche.

Reactions: Kai
I stand by my invocation of the Jefferson's theme, even if it's not a whole level up.

Yeah I don't think the venue even opens to the public until 6pm, we mostly just have setup on Friday

Hopefully this year I can go. Totally up to how that months plans go (which knowing how other people plan, I might not know until last minute) but I think I can get to chicago well enough.

Are most of you people coming in/staying for both Friday and Saturday, or just Saturday?

I'm trying to work out fitting this into my schedule, and I'm still only getting in at midnight Fri/Sat.

Assuming my money situation looks good by December, I'd probably be going on Saturday (my first live tournament, if true! If not, there's always Combo Breaker).

Power steering has asploded. I'm likely gonna sit out now to buy a new car.

Oh hey we're cool with ps4 yeah?

Oh hey we're cool with ps4 yeah?
Actually, is the console set in stone? I have 2 sticks, one for ps3/360 and one for ps3/ps4. Knowing what console would help vs bringing two sticks on a plane.

The console is not set in stone, but it seems like there is no reason to want PS3 tbh. The TO asked me and others via FB and I told him the same. They are going to chat amongst themselves to see if they can switch over in time, but all signs point to yes so far.

Actually, is the console set in stone? I have 2 sticks, one for ps3/360 and one for ps3/ps4. Knowing what console would help vs bringing two sticks on a plane.

Besides what was already mentioned, I'm going to guess that unless you were going to enter Marvel/SF4, you probably don't need to bring the 360 stick so you can just go with the PS3/4 one.

Does anyone know what console 3S is on for this tournament?

I don't think we are running it officially, did you see something about a side tourney for it somewhere?

I'm registered. What airport is closest to the venue? Thanks

Is there a decision regarding an event on friday? Is something happening? Maybe we can get exhibitions going?

Is there a decision regarding an event on friday? Is something happening? Maybe we can get exhibitions going?
Most people said they wouldn't be able to reliably show up for Fri night, so we're not doing anything organized, no. I guess something like exhibitions could always still happen, if the stream timetable allowed for it. That's in @BGCallisto's wheelhouse.