• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

yeah it kind of has musical references
if Robert Edward Oswald Speedwagon didn't tip you off
Or Tonpetti or Dire or Straizo or the zombies named after Led Zeppelin's members or even Dio Brando.

Or Tonpetti or Dire or Straizo or the zombies named after Led Zeppelin's members or even Dio Brando.
Oh shit I didn't even notice the Zombies names, I was wondering why those grunts were introducing themselves.

I'm still baffled that one of the villains was named after this band.

Then again there's Jojo's Vanilla Ice who is not a joke and turns out to be a big threat.

excuse you
wham is the pinnacle of the 80s and must be respected as such
clearly you have no respect for their street credibility

plus every jojo's part has the one reference that makes you tilt your head quizzically

The references get out of control in Part 4 and completely insane in Part 5. I just love it.
I'm rarely ever taken by surprise but this really caught me off guard.
When I saw that scene, I knew I was gonna love Part 2. Joseph is such a 180 from Jonathan.

Reactions: Vladislav_Paizis
I'm rarely ever taken by surprise but this really caught me off guard.

time to read the manga!

ps 4/4 bby

It's probably like my 30th time seeing that scene.
Still hype.

It's probably like my 30th time seeing that scene.
Still hype.
ef4.gif

Now that I think about it, it makes sense that Big Band can rapid-punch like most Stands. There are a lot of JoJo's characters with musical references, so why not pay tribute and have a musical character with JoJo references?

Reactions: Balder
I'm sorry everyone, as much as I like SONO CHI NO SADAMEEE...
I have to say that I like the second opening a lot more.

That's perfectly fine

EU boxart:
jojo-s-asb-front-of-pack-ps3-pegi-2d-resized-jpg

Release date for EU is April 25. Pre-order bonus includes Yoshikage Kira AND Shigechi.

I can see why they'll use just Part 3; it's the most popular, and I guess it's the same in EU.

I wonder if the US gets a new cover too, because at the moment we haven't really gotten any news aside from Limited Physical Release.
We haven't even heard if we get Preorder perks

NB UK seem to be the only ones releasing news about the game. It's like the US branch doesn't care ;_;

Well we just got a spring timeframe and not much after that. It'll probably be in April too

So I took a break from Jojo after finishing part 7 to give part 8 some time to get going (I don't like waiting between really hype chapters.) I gotta say it's really good, and a lot different than I was expecting. I really like it.

boy oh boy, i'll LOVE to see d'arby the gambler scene again!

So, apparently All-Star Battle has been confirmed for an April 25th release date in Australia as well.
I think we might be getting dat Jojo in April for the states too.
I'm actually not against that because I get slammed hard in March, waiting a bit longer for Jojo is fine with me

I can't wait until April! I hope Pucci makes a cameo! :PUN:

Goddamned terrorists keeping Kira Best Character Yoshikage as a pre-order bonus. :/
...Wait!Wait!Wait!Wait! Only one character? Retailer exclusive bs? Holy lumberjacking saint's corpse!

Given the "superb quality" of the original release's netcode, this is one of those games it's best to wait out and hear what others have to say...unless you have people to play with locally or are solely getting the game for the fanservice experience.
I'll wait out on this one to see where it leads: how's the netcode, how's the localization and how is the DLC going to be handled.

I think(hope) the exclusive thing is just a timed exclusive. I'll keep my Amazon pre-order because I don't feel like paying for Shigechi

Wait, so it DID get delayed to April!?
Praise the sun! Now I can get Blazblue Chronophantasma without freaking out!
Not cool how I have to pick between Shigechi and Yoshikage Kira though.

I'm not sure what pre order policies they are going to do where I live but If I had the choice between the two, I would go with Kira, best villian all the way.

deadly queen tho
deadly
queen
deadly queen

deadly queen tho
deadly
queen
deadly queen
Killer Queen was recently trademarked for Katy Perry's perfume

Killer Queen was recently trademarked for Katy Perry's perfume
WE LOST AN AMAZING STAND NAME FOR KATE PERRY?

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

By the way... you know when you notice something obvious literally decades later than everyone else?

Well, in part 4...

When josuke&co are inspecting kira's house, they find their notes on nail measuring (don't ask). and in one page they read "no one can stop me!"

the same quote is found in Kira's house scenario in JoJo ASB

maybe part of the meaning of the sentence didn't translated well but it could be a reference to this music

Y'know, killer QUEEN, "Don't stop me now", no one can stop me...

Since i finished part 4 just one or 2 weeks ago, i only now got the reference

sorry for the epic slowpoke, but at least i noticed it!

Reactions: EA575 and Balder
a music reference?
in JoJo's???????????????????????????????????????????
now i know you're joking

54e.gif

Katy Perry truly is the greatest evil of our time. Not content with having soiled peacocks, she now dances in Freddie Mercury's grave.

But hypothetically speaking, she has no goddamned right to muck the localization. It is first and foremost a well know Queen classic, not bottled raw sewage.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Deadly Queen is at least really close to Killer Queen.
But still, Katy Perry of all people?
I mean I'd be fine if it was actually Queen not being cool with it. But.

Deadly Queen sounds so lazy though

why not Deadly Duchess or Violent Vicereine or Homicidal Hime or Pernicious Princess or Murderous Matriarch or *exploded*

Last edited:
But still, Katy Perry of all people?
I mean I'd be fine if it was actually Queen not being cool with it.
Exactly.
But I'm a little lost here...
Is it set in stone that Killer Queen is localized as Deadly Queen? I thought that when Ruin mentioned it in post #670, it was just a joke.
I've looked at the screens of Kira and Shigekyo and I don't see the name anywhere.
And if such is the case, is it because of Katy Perry being a insufferable...well, it rhymes with "punt". ???