• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

or bloody baroness
or executioner empress
or tim

The Namco Bandai store is saying that the Stand is called Killer Queen.
It could have been a copy-paste from the EU description. )Now I'm contemplating whether I should get the EU version or not...)
Ruin, those names are way too literal for Killer Queen, who looks nothing like or resembles a queen at all.

I actually might end up getting Shigechi.
He looks really fun to play.
Plus I heard Kira is a weaker version of Kosaku.
But that by no means doesn't mean I won't use him.
Tiers mean nothing to me.

Actually Yoshikage has a much better combo potential than Kosku, who is mostly a set up character (with specials you can easily dodge ._.)

Yup. It's all Katy Perry's fault. Queen's trademark was cancelled in 1993: http://www.trademarkia.com/killer-queen-73570237.html

who cares what the names are? its just a reference! its not like its a complete change of the character! if you want to get it just get it! its not like those ranma fighters that got reskinned and made awful because of it!

I'm sorry but these like not wanting to by a localized version of a game soley because of name changes is just asinine to me...

Besides, its not like they can redub the Japanese voices from 'KILLAH KUWEEN' to 'DEADLY KUWEEN'.

Well I mean I'm gonna get all the DLC characters because I'm a consumer whore.
But I'm just unsure.
It depends on who's funner to play.
Plus if I get Shigechi he'd probably be funner to use to fuck with people online with.
Plus his theme is pretty fucking Jazzy.

who cares what the names are? its just a reference! its not like its a complete change of the character! if you want to get it just get it! its not like those ranma fighters that got reskinned and made awful because of it!

I'm sorry but these like not wanting to by a localized version of a game soley because of name changes is just asinine to me...
Relax. Of course we'll still get the localized version, and if we don't like the names we can just turn off subtitles. It just feels so weird to see what we're not used to.
Besides, I already have the JP version so I don't really care:PUN:
Besides, its not like they can redub the Japanese voices from 'KILLAH KUWEEN' to 'DEADLY KUWEEN'.
Josuke still says Crazy Diamond lol

just play as baoh
he has in-fight narration and HAS A LASER CANNON
not to mention his theme sounds like TOUGH BOY at some parts

Again, as long as they don't fuck up Funny Valentine or my precious D4C, we're cool.
And again, I really don't care what happens, the fact this was delayed made my fucking month.

Tell that to the Sengoku Basara fans when Capcom felt like treating the West like blundering idiots when they localized it as "Devil Kings". Admittedly, this is not even nearly as extreme but these types of things can soil part of the experience.

THIS. This right here is what I'm wondering the most about the localization.
Most of the band name stands are CALLED out. The game is Japanese audio with subtitles only. How are they going to work around that? Hopefully not be cutting audio files.

Again, as long as they don't fuck up Funny Valentine or my precious D4C, we're cool.
They haven't messed with the President. A screenshot shows his name is unchanged.

Anywho, I hope the DLC characters can be bought separately. Really only interested in Kira and Lisa Lisa.

Relax. Of course we'll still get the localized version, and if we don't like the names we can just turn off subtitles. It just feels so weird to see what we're not used to.
I know but I still see people upset by vanilla ice's name being changed to just iced, and I'm like "fuckin' really?"

They haven't messed with the President. A screenshot shows his name is unchanged.
Yeah, but what about Dirty Deeds Done Dirtou Cheap?
I mean, I hoenstly don't care if it's shortened to D4C, but if they change it to something like
Dastardly Defilements Done Dirtily Cheesy.
I'll be displease

I know but I still see people upset by vanilla ice's name being changed to just iced, and I'm like "fuckin' really?"
Lol now that's pretty ridiculous
Yeah, but what about Dirty Deeds Done Dirtou Cheap?
I mean, I hoenstly don't care if it's shortened to D4C, but if they change it to something like
Dastardly Defilements Done Dirtily Cheesy.
I'll be displease
I don't see a trademark on the name, so I think they're good

Reactions: Jutsei
I fear for the generation that will know Killer Queen as "Deadly Queen". Why? Cuz when they google the name they won't get any awesome musical reference from an inspirational band that otherwise would be unknown to them.

/Oldmanfeelings

Reactions: Balder
Not unless they read the scanlations :P

I'm just really jazzed we're fucking still getting the whole goddamned game.
Before this was almost like a fever dream instead of a possibility, let alone a reality.

stealing a video from the other thread...

christ, Jonathan looks horrible in this game, specially compared to ASB

his model is kinda
really ugly
ASB Jonathan is 1000% perfect

Reactions: Smilax
They're using the same model for 20+ series with different art styles. They can't all be perfect

Reactions: Jutsei
that Gintoki one is pretty good tho'. Also 'dat Bobobo

christ, Jonathan looks horrible in this game, specially compared to ASB
Both JoJos in J-Stars Watchacallit look awful. It's like they took the ASB models and completely sucked the FABULOUS out of them.
They're XNALara JoJos! :/

They're using the same model for 20+ series with different art styles. They can't all be perfect
Who said anything about "all"? All they need to get right is JoJo and Hokuto no Ken. :P

I was about to post this! Kakyoin has a deeper voice than I expected, but it can also be more of an early thing, since he's a bad guy at first. It's actually common in animes.

EMERAUDOOO SUPURAAAASSHUUUU!!!

THE HYPE DOESN'T STOP!

Next week is Polnareff, can't wait to see Silver Chariot in motion!

Sorry for missing this, but which villains have been confirmed, except for Dio Brando?

The MyAnimeList entry claims that there will be these villains (Who don't have voice actors yet):
  • Pet Shop
  • Nukesaku
  • Oingo & Boingo
  • Daniel & Terence D'Arby
  • Enya & J.Geil
  • Hol Horse
  • Vanilla Ice
  • Rubber Soul
And is that it? No N'Dool (Who was in the 1993 OVA) or any of the other villains that were in the Capcom fighting game like Devo, Alessi, Mariah, etc? This show will obviously be longer than the OVAs, but how much content will be cut to fit in 26 episodes?

Last edited:
Tower of Gray appears in Kakyoin's trailer.

Okay, it looks like the Stardust Crusaders Anime page just copied the cast list from the Manga page. It's even in the same order where Iggy is listed first.

Kakyoin looks pretty rad
i miss his ASB voice but Hirakawa does a damn fine job.
I'm happy that they even included kakyoin's weird early part powers that never get referenced again

Polnareff's VA is an unknown, however. I hope he does well. But the Jojo's anime does well with more-or-less unknown VAs (Jonathan, Speedwagon, Caesar, Stroheim), so I'm not worried.

Mandatory MILF Hunter post.
042.png

I think Kakyoin would probably prefer to be in Kill la Kill. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers. :3
f35.jpg

When's Mariah episode?

Mandatory MILF Hunter post.

I think Kakyoin would probably prefer to be in Kill la Kill. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers. :3
f35.jpg

When's Mariah episode?
lol. I agree with Kakyoin a LOT. To hell with lolicon pandering!

I'd totally watch that show. Less Annies and more D.Violets! o_O'

do i need to get the holy ballstorm gif again