• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

I haven't read Part 4 yet, but isn't Kira based on the 80's David Bowie looks-wise? Don't know why, but he kinda looks like that to me.

Kira does seem to resemble David Bowie when I did a comparison of their faces.

The first thing I had to think about that now was this dread Labyrinth-movie with Yoshikage Kira instead of David Bowie.

I'm so sorry Jennifer Connelly.

Reactions: Cash
you could say that Kars is similar to Bowie when he started floating in a most peculiar way :V

jJSD7uu.png

Here's the cover of Phantom Blood Vol. 1 that Viz will be releasing (which are the JoJoniums that are being released in Japan).
91exhmNIP1L._SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: OptimalZ16
Phantom Blood is out on Kindle, nearly $9 for the volume.
Color is confirmed.

Phantom Blood is out on Kindle, nearly $9 for the volume.
Color is confirmed.
sweet! hopefully this'll mean Phantom Blood can get some of that ViZ dub lovin' it deserves!

sweet! hopefully this'll mean Phantom Blood can get some of that ViZ dub lovin' it deserves!
I hope so, I was upset when they did that part 3 dub test, implying they were just going to skip the first anime season.

It'd be nice if things at least happened monthly in Jojolion.
Learning about parfaits does not count unless its somehow called back to in a critical moment.

K, finished reading part 6 last week (I think) and today I finished SBR.

Part 6 managed to be the most weird part, IMHO.
It started ok. Nice introduction, nice characters. Nothing too amazing, but it was ok.
At a specific point, it became wonderful (more specifically at "The Secret of Guard Westwood"). Things were happening fast, and you could feel the pressure while reading it. It kept this fast pace in a great way, with Jolyne showing that she had a lot of guts, but without losing her identity as a teenager girl.
BUT things went REALLY bad from the chapter "Heavy Weather" onwards:
  • Snail rain (subliminal messages DO NOT work that way, ffs);
  • Pucci/Weather horrible backstory;
  • Weather saying "oh, so they call me weather now?" and they already used to call him weather before he lost his memory;
  • Weather being an asshole, frying chicks with lightning, making snails rain and out of nowhere "m-muh friends";
  • Pucci's relation with DIO. DIO was not a faithful man. He never was. He was the personification of evil, not only always trying to succeed, but also always trying to make the others feel horrible, using them the way he needed. There was NO FUCKING WAY that DIO wanted the happiness of everybody. It simply doesn't match his character;
  • Stairway to Heaven/Made in Heaven (the same thing). All about it;
  • The time acceleration not affecting living beings, but they rot in the same time that Pucci moves (bacterias are not living beings anymore). Also, if it doesn't affect living beings, cats shouldn't fastfall;
  • What the FUCK Pucci was doing while he waited to the world to end if the time wasn't accelerated to him? Did he even slept/ate/pooped? Because as far as I know, he accelerated time until the end of the universe (that should take a fucking lot of time) and reshaped it;
  • What happened when Emporio smashed Pucci's head with Weather Report? A new universe was created, other than the one that Pucci was building?
  • Why the FUCK Emporio took so long to use the Weather Report disc? If he converted the air to pure oxygen, Pucci would be dead before they noticed because of the accelerated time;
  • Everyone dying was pretty much weird. Something like "WE MUST SAVE EMPORIO, OH NO, EVERYBODY IS A SKELETON".
Even with all those things that grinds my gears, I enjoyed most of part 6 as it lasted. Jolyne is in my top 4 JoJo
I'm not sure where I put this one. Probably in first or second, together with part 4. Both are the ones that I had most fun reading.

The idea to make a race, with comentators and stuff, was pretty neat.
Gyro was awesome.
Johnny was shitty but oh boy, Araki managed to transform him into an awesome and well developed character, with an amazing improvement curve.
BUT what most amazed me was the lack of stands. Araki managed to make a power similar to hamon that could be used daily, and also worked with stands. This is the interesting part. They are not only limited to stands. This brings back the feeling from parts 1 and 2, mixed with the variability from parts 4 to 6.
Also, the variety of characters, their reasons, backstories, ways to think and their charisma was wonderful. From Mountain Tim (that never score) to Diego Brando, all characters were incredibly well worked on. 9/10 would read again.
LgnNdfB.png

It started ok. Nice introduction, nice characters. Nothing too amazing, but it was ok.
At a specific point, it became wonderful (more specifically at "The Secret of Guard Westwood"). Things were happening fast, and you could feel the pressure while reading it. It kept this fast pace in a great way, with Jolyne showing that she had a lot of guts, but without losing her identity as a teenager girl.
  • Weather saying "oh, so they call me weather now?" and they already used to call him weather before he lost his memory;
  • Weather being an asshole, frying chicks with lightning, making snails rain and out of nowhere "m-muh friends";
  • Pucci's relation with DIO. DIO was not a faithful man. He never was. He was the personification of evil, not only always trying to succeed, but also always trying to make the others feel horrible, using them the way he needed. There was NO FUCKING WAY that DIO wanted the happiness of everybody. It simply doesn't match his character;
  • The time acceleration not affecting living beings, but they rot in the same time that Pucci moves (bacterias are not living beings anymore). Also, if it doesn't affect living beings, cats shouldn't fastfall;
  • What the FUCK Pucci was doing while he waited to the world to end if the time wasn't accelerated to him? Did he even slept/ate/pooped? Because as far as I know, he accelerated time until the end of the universe (that should take a fucking lot of time) and reshaped it;
  • What happened when Emporio smashed Pucci's head with Weather Report? A new universe was created, other than the one that Pucci was building?
  • Why the FUCK Emporio took so long to use the Weather Report disc? If he converted the air to pure oxygen, Pucci would be dead before they noticed because of the accelerated time;
  • Everyone dying was pretty much weird. Something like "WE MUST SAVE EMPORIO, OH NO, EVERYBODY IS A SKELETON".
Even with all those things that grinds my gears, I enjoyed most of part 6 as it lasted. Jolyne is in my top 4 JoJo
I'm not sure where I put this one. Probably in first or second, together with part 4. Both are the ones that I had most fun reading.

Gyro was awesome.
Johnny was shitty but oh boy, Araki managed to transform him into an awesome and well developed character, with an amazing improvement curve.
BUT what most amazed me was the lack of stands. Araki managed to make a power similar to hamon that could be used daily, and also worked with stands. This is the interesting part. They are not only limited to stands. This brings back the feeling from parts 1 and 2, mixed with the variability from parts 4 to 6.
Also, the variety of characters, their reasons, backstories, ways to think and their charisma was wonderful. From Mountain Tim (that never score) to Diego Brando, all characters were incredibly well worked on. 9/10 would read again.
LgnNdfB.png
Didn't see part six but DIOs relationship with Pucci (as read in Over heaven, man I sound like a nerd[emoji1] ) I can see as two things, one is just DIOs manipulation towards people and another is DIOs quest to find or in this case make heaven with a man who Dio has made a actual friend with and believes in his ability, who's devotion to DIO is as clear and honest as his faith. I'm probably missing a few things but I think I got a part of it.

Araki confirmed that him and Pucci were just really good pals

they would hang out and go clubbing and do each other's hair and stuff
He's basically Dio's new jonathan minus the whole "gonna kill ya" part
aka a true friendship

Reactions: CapnWTF and Denizen

Gyro was awesome.
LgnNdfB.png
the way I remember it, the way DIO wanted happiness for everyone was making everyone only one person and that person having the ultimate happiness with everyone else being completely erased from existence.

Also part 7 is definitely one of the best parts.

I totally forgot that the Stardust Crew buys a freaking Submarine partway through their trip lol. I know the Speedwagon Foundation is kind of at their beck-and-call, but I sometimes wonder what their higher ups think about their exploits.

"Wait, you need a helicopter now? And you need us to bring you Iggy?! What happened to the submarine you guys bought not even a couple days ago? And on that note what happened to the jeep, the camels, the sports car, and that airplane before it?! What about the plane tickets and boats that you have chartered?!? What the hell are you guys doing!?!?!?"

Reactions: Coolyo294
Why buy a boat when you could get a sumbarine? (comes with getting trapped underwater by a stand, limited time offer)

The funny part is that Joseph's father was a fighter pilot.

So does anyone get that feeling like "what's going on?" when reading black and white mangas on like battle parts?
Steel Ball Run confused me a couple times.

Last edited:
Kinda, but Araki likes to throw scientific articles into the manga, so you can understand something of what's going on.
D4C onwards was pretty confusing, tho.

Every Jojo character has intricate knowledge of everything that is involved in their battles.

I like the Sky High chapter that everybody knows something that probably no regular person would know about like Rods and what they "eat".

I like the Sky High chapter that everybody knows something that probably no regular person would know about like Rods and what they "eat".
I order to be a jojo you need to read wikipedia, all of it. The only reason they can ever be wrong is some "troll" editing the wiki wrong, why do you think the didn't understand subliminal messages won't really turn people into snails?

I order to be a jojo you need to read wikipedia, all of it. The only reason they can ever be wrong is some "troll" editing the wiki wrong, why do you think the didn't understand subliminal messages won't really turn people into snails?
Jojo wikia?
Oh but I mean like certain action shots in manga in General, like something that would be so much easier if it wasn't black and white and 2D (Not that I'm complaining of course) .

Jojo wikia?
Oh but I mean like certain action shots in manga in General, like something that would be so much easier if it wasn't black and white and 2D (Not that I'm complaining of course) .
I understand that feeling, there are just so many lines and so much going on sometimes it's hard to see.

What's worth watching while Jojo is on break, if anything? It's the only anime I've been watching lately.