• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

I really want to get into JoJo's, but I am one of those "sensitive" types toward specific things.

I know of 2 dogs that die in JoJo's, and was wondering are there any other instances where dogs are killed? Dogs and babies are the only 2 things I hate seeing killed in any iteration.....

I really want to get into JoJo's, but I am one of those "sensitive" types toward specific things.

I know of 2 dogs that die in JoJo's, and was wondering are there any other instances where dogs are killed? Dogs and babies are the only 2 things I hate seeing killed in any iteration.....
It's only in the first and third part.
There's even a part where two dogs are killed by Pet Shop (A smart falcon), and it eats the dogs eyes.
After that, the dog violence lowers significantly.

It's only in the first and third part.
There's even a part where two dogs are killed by Pet Shop (A smart falcon), and it eats the dogs eyes.
After that, the dog violence lowers significantly.
seeing as I pretty much know the plot of the third I can skip that.
I will probably avoid the first parts dog death like the plague though (seriously, I love dogs.... way too much)

and is pet shop in part 3 or some other time?

I always find it interesting the entire series starts with a horrific wagon accident with people impaled on shards of wood, yet the dog deaths are what's beyond the pale for people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vladislav_Paizis
I'm always find it interesting the entire series starts with a horrific wagon accident with people impaled on shards of wood, yet the dog deaths are what's beyond the pale for people.
Yeah, same.
Funnily enough, in Part 2, Araki averts the dog abuse.
A dog's about to be hit by a car, but then Cars cuts the car in half.

Yeah, same.
Funnily enough, in Part 2, Araki averts the dog abuse.
A dog's about to be hit by a car, but then Cars cuts the car in half.
The car and the people.

I'm always find it interesting the entire series starts with a horrific wagon accident with people impaled on shards of wood, yet the dog deaths are what's beyond the pale for people.
Because dogs are more friendly than people. Plus Iggy's was pretty brutal

Because dogs are more friendly than people. Plus Iggy's was pretty brutal
Both of Iggy's deaths were brutal.
In the anime he gets fucking cut in half BY FUCKING VANILLA ICE WHO I HATE
And in the manga he gets kicked to death.

What's really fucked up is that the kicking combo is Vanilla Ice's super in the Capcom game

Both of Iggy's deaths were brutal.
In the anime he gets fucking cut in half BY FUCKING VANILLA ICE WHO I HATE
And in the manga he gets kicked to death.

What's really fucked up is that the kicking combo is Vanilla Ice's super in the Capcom game
I really wish it was anybody else but Iggy....

I went with video game songs/bands because I don't really listen to that much real music, due to ignorance, basically.
Well, bar a few notables we're pretty much on the same boat. On that note, I feel the Silent Hill series have a lot of good titles:
Claw Finger
Bitter Season
Devil's Lyric
Killing Time
Ordinary Vanity
Null Moon
Heaven's Night
White Noiz
Block Mind
The Reverse Will (forces target to do the opposite action it wants to do?)
Overdose Delusion
Melancholy Requiem
Total Invasion
Voodoo Girl
Sacred Line
Raw Shock

destruction_adv said:
I see someone else enjoyed the Anarchy Reigns/Max Anarchy soundtrack.
Where's the philistine that hasn't? We'll have him/her hung and quartered.

Sanoblaze said:
I know of 2 dogs that die in JoJo's, and was wondering are there any other instances where dogs are killed?
At least four dogs are killed in a extremely graphical manner in Part 3.
The two by Pet Shop Jutsei mentioned, one by Yellow Temperance and another by Death 13.
Should Iggy's death count? Because by the time he dies, Araki was drawing it with a human face. Kinda creepy.
I love Araki's style but he can dreadfully inconsistent at times; those times being whenever a character doesn't have the physique of a Greek sculpture. Just look at Polpo or fat Valentine. It's like they change size and facial features from panel to panel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jutsei
Lot of good Stand Names there. Ahaha. Really good.
I'll make up some more later too after a little Video Game OST binge.

I don't really know why Araki hated dogs back in the day, he seems to have gotten a lot better about the animal abuse now, though.
Must've liked Horses though since large parts of SBR were dedicated to horseys.

And yeah, sometimes the physique is inconsistant, but I tend to not really mind, the art's goddamned always gorgeous.

From TV Troeps about the dogs:

• Phantom Blood: Danny is bound in wire and burned alive.
  • Stardust Crusaders: A dog is dissolved by Yellow Temperance, another dog's head splits open in Death 13's dreamworld, Pet Shop kills two dogs for accidentally wandering around Dio's citadel and eats their eyes out in front of their owner, and Iggy is forced to tears his leg off to survive his battle with Pet Shop and is later torn to shreds by Negative Space Wedgie. The prevalence of dead dogs is practically lampshaded when Jotaro sees a impaled dog, and just thinks "Move on, nothing to see here!"
  • Diamond Is Unbreakable: Angelo bites off a dog's face.
  • Stone Ocean: Pucci's stand kills a dog during the final battle.
  • Steel Ball Run: Magenta Magenta shoots a wolf pup.
  • Stardust Crusaders: A dog is dissolved by Yellow Temperance, another dog's head splits open in Death 13's dreamworld, Pet Shop kills two dogs for accidentally wandering around Dio's citadel and eats their eyes out in front of their owner, and Iggy is forced to tears his leg off to survive his battle with Pet Shop and is later torn to shreds by Negative Space Wedgie. The prevalence of dead dogs is practically lampshaded when Jotaro sees a impaled dog, and just thinks "Move on, nothing to see here!"

So guess we're talking about ASB in here.
ANYWAY!
They found nine slots for DLC characters, INCLUDING Yoshikage Vanilla and Fatty.
The complete list is: Kira, Fatty, Baoh, Fugo, Iggy, Anasui, Vanilla Ice, Old Joseph, Lisa Lisa.

And they allegedly found slots for 9 more DLC characters.
So basically any character you want could be in it now.
All I want is Diego and Stroheim.

Those other 9 is probably gonna be spent on the rest of the sidekicks and "dragons" (you know, the Big Bad's second in command).
So much for Mariah, Terunosuke and DI.SU.KO. :(

Speaking of the game proper, according to MMCafe the patch fixed the infinites...but kinda broke everything else in the process.
Diavolo's infinite is removed.

Corner infinites have been removed as well.... by modifying the gravity near the wall, meaning that pretty much all combos are lost near the wall. And notice that is near the wall, not only "with the enemy against the wall", this retarded measure certainly makes the game more boring and screw ups with gameplay at so many levels it's not even funny.

Furthermore, I wouldn't be surprised if ground infinites of attack -> fireball -> attack are still in.

Jumps have been slowed down, while that stopped the wakeup jump tactic, that also killed a bunch of combos and strategies where you have your stand hit and you jump on their own (rip Kira & Josuke), instant overheads are also gone.

---------------------------

I've tried the game a bit after the patch and it's not as bad as initial reports puts it to be, but it's not that good either. Given that it was done in only 2 weeks though, it was sort of expected.

Reports have been saying that CyberConnect2 completely botched the system so that juggles can't be done anymore, but that doesn't seem to be the case. They've gotten a lot more harder to do with a weird gravity pull and it seems to increase around the edge of the stages.

The run speed and sway has been increased in this patch so the zoning game has gotten pretty trivial compared to before. I have no idea why the developers did that.

The instant jumps have been fixed but it's something that should've come together with improved netcode. Without that, it'll be impossible to play against wakeups due to lag. Also, jump attacks can't be done on the way up, probably as an unintentional byproduct of fixing the instant jumps. This means air-to-airs has been extremely restricted. Another thing, the jumps have more recovery time on landing than before, and it hasn't been well adjusted. Characters that need to jump in with their middle attack are going to have problems.

The patch is already getting a lot of complaints and I think it may have worsened things for the game than make it better. The next update--which will fortunately come with a netcode fix, won't be coming out for another month. With very little being said from CyberConnect2, the future of the game is looking bleak to the eyes of the public. President Matsuyama hasn't written a word on Twitter since 9/4. Given how much effort his staff put into the game, I dearly hope things will rise and shine.

------------------------------

So.... They didn't nerf Diavolo and DIO, and actually made them stronger... The "kokiga", guard by doing 1-2-3-2-1 rapidly to trigger the stylish step, is still there and even stronger because of the system changes... Nerfing multi-hit gauge generation to only 1/4th of what it was...
The game is devolving into a very limited range of combo for each character (or worse, having easy beat as the optimal combo for a character)... Several systems are dead as well: with the fastest dash, transformation moves such as GER or Ultimate Kars are as good as gone. And dash being faster than running is weird. And most Puttsun combos are dead since you can't juggle anymore, leaving the system as useless for several characters.
They basically destroyed the mid-to-high tiers and Narancia, but left the top and bottom intact...

I thought I was being smart by putting some volumes of Jojo's on my ipod to read during breaks at the school I work at aince the sites are still blocked. Yeah... a bunch of the pages are in the wrong order and an entire volume is missing. Blargh, I'll figure out a way to read Jojos during breaks somehow!

Still only in Part 2 but it's still been very entertaining.

Wait, Stroheim isn't in yet? A little surprised he isn't all things considering.

Also, would Bang Camaro's stand be... Bang Camaro? Or should he use a different music reference?

Weird on the patch front.
Hopefully they'll fix it again next month. Doesn't sound good. We can only hope they'll listen to player feedback. (Though I think they will)
If the second wave of DLC characters is true, I don't see why they wouldn't patch it some more to fix it.
Kinda glad they fixed INfinites, though

Stroheim's my major want for the next wave, if it happens

So guess we're talking about ASB in here.
ANYWAY!
They found nine slots for DLC characters, INCLUDING Yoshikage Vanilla and Fatty.
The complete list is: Kira, Fatty, Baoh, Fugo, Iggy, Anasui, Vanilla Ice, Old Joseph, Lisa Lisa.

And they allegedly found slots for 9 more DLC characters.
So basically any character you want could be in it now.
All I want is Diego and Stroheim.
Wait, Baoh, as in the guy cars is based on Baoh? and Lisa Lisa? Hype doesn't do it justice.

Baoh as in Araki's very first manga.
The protag of it, at least
That's the Baoh I'm talking about (doesn't Gorgeous Irene pre-date it though?)

That's the Baoh I'm talking about (doesn't Gorgeous Irene pre-date it though?)
Ehhh.
I guess so?
Either way, Baoh's on September 25th, I think.
And if Tumblr is credible enough, we get:
Vanilla Iced and Anasui next.
Followed by Old Joseph and Lisa Lisa

man, they made some stupid moves in balancing.

they should contact Lab Zero to fix it... MikeZ & co. are darn good at keeping things balanced

Ehhh.
I guess so?
Either way, Baoh's on September 25th, I think.
And if Tumblr is credible enough, we get:
Vanilla Iced and Anasui next.
Followed by Old Joseph and Lisa Lisa
and here I thought Baoh was forever lost in time (besides that one shout-out in the anime)

Anyone know a good place to watch the new Jojo's anime? All the places I go for anime either don't have it or got them removed. Really wish it was on Crunchyroll or something so that I could watch it legally.

I'm a somewhat new fan of the series, if having read parts 1-4 over the past year count as new anyway. I kind of just stopped during part 5 though, don't know why.

download it from a good fansubber.

I don't think we're allowed to share links, but I think a cursory google search should find a site.
Just be sure to scan it first with google or norton site checker.
Or have adblock/noscript on

Managed to find a good one. Can't wait to see how this anime adaption is.

So, what's everyone's opinions on the individual parts? I thoroughly enjoyed parts 1 and 2 a lot. Very nice balance between the story, action, and balls-to-the-wall insanity that has come to define the series. Part 3 was good, but I felt it was quite a shame at how quickly some of the more interesting villains were dealt with. Quite a few of them could have made for a good second encounter, or perhaps have had a longer fight. Hol Horse is the only one who really gets away with that... only to become a comic relief character when he returns (not that that wasn't funny). I enjoyed Part 4 a lot, but it seemed like the pacing could have slowed down a bit at times. Also make a drinking game for every time a villain/opponent ends up becoming allies, that got a bit silly for me by the end. As I stated in an earlier post, I last left off on Part 5. I like a lot of the supporting cast and what has happened so far, but I don't find Giorno very interesting. Hopefully that changes by the end, but at least I'm liking the rest so far.

I think what I like the most about Jojo's is the sheer ridiculousness when it comes to the variety of people's abilities. To quote Tvtropes, "No matter how dumb, silly, or useless a stand's power may seem to be, you can assure the user will find some way to kill you with it".

Last edited:
If you think Part 2 was crazy, Part 6 is basically sheer insanity throughout, instead of concentrated batshit craziness at the end.

Also Fugo looks hype in ASB.
That GHA

So, what's everyone's opinions on the individual parts?
In a nutshell:
Phantom Blood: I like how it starts somewhat "normal" but once Dio puts on that mask, shit gets BIZARRE at a really accelerated pace.

Battle Tendency: one of my favorite parts, especially how they managed to make such a good story with a small group of key characters. All the major players are pretty memorable in their own way. Joseph is my favorite hero and I like how he respects his opponents, which is something that's somewhat unique to this part. And Wham is my second favorite character in the whole series. KAMIZUNA ARASHI!

Stardust Crusaders: overall, it's my favorite part. Good pacing with nary a second of rest. Even though Jotaro is the (platinum) star, everyone gets to shine. Final battle with DIO is IMHO the best final battle in the entire series.

Diamond Is Unbreakable: even though Kira is my favorite character in the series, I'm not very fond of this part. It's very slow, almost paceless (Stand users literally trip on each other and you can already feel what they'll cut for the anime), Joseph is reduced to a senile mess, Okuyasu is a butt monkey through the whole arc (at least Polnareff got some epic wins under his belt) and the final fight was horrid.
I understand Kira can't do much because Killer Queen is a OHKO affair but why did Araki feel that adding a kid sitting in the background casually spouting the secret behind EVERY GODDAMNED THING KQ did was a good thing? Let's go back to Part 3. Remember the Hell everyone went through just to figure what DIO's Stand power was? Now compare to the 'Exposition Kid' festival Kira had to go through. Also, nobody died besides a fat munchkin and a beautician. For a serial killer, poor Kira doesn't have many KOs under his belt.

Stupid Ass Part: already said my piece about it.

Stone Ocean: liked it well but it gets SUPER WEIRD once the DIO bone kicks in. I feel the DIO elements in general were forced and uncalled for as it reduced Pucci to a tool. The whole "Heaven is a world without Joestars" thing is just so WTF...

Steel Ball Run: my third favorite part and Johnny is my second favorite JoJo for his significant growth and the shit he dealt with. Lots of good characters and fights. Gyro could have been one of my favorite characters if he didn't have such a terrible sense of humor though.
As with SO, I felt that shifting too much attention to DIegO was unnecessary. DOJYA~~~N!

Jojolion: haven't read it yet but it seems to be in sore need of interesting characters.

Also,
tumblr_msvyz38vKb1qmy1m5o1_1280.jpg

New DLC!
9/26 Campaign 3 “Dangerous Men” : Vanilla Ice (CV: Seki Tomokazu) Narciso Anasui (CV: Nakamura Yuuichi)
10/10 Campaign 4 “Inheritable purpose”: Lisa Lisa (CV: Atsuko Tanaka), Old Joseph (CV: Tomokazu Sugita)

Last edited:
So I'm in part 3 right now and still enjoying it. I really like how creative the fights can get, though now I want to know how the hell Joseph was able to set up any of those traps during fights. I wanna do that!

Also, from part 2:
My reaction to Stroheim and his troops showing up to get Joseph and Lisa Lisa out of trouble near the end of the arc: "I've never been so glad to see Nazis in my whole life!"

Basically, yeah. I'm hoping if Stroheim shows up, his GHA is just his Nazi buddies showing up and using UV Rays to light up his foe.

I'm reading some JJBA Part 7 right now, still love it. But...
Good fucking LORD the bit of Lucy Steel & Funny Valentine made me uncomfortable, I still like the dude, but wow I felt dirty reading that chapter. Might've been the point, but goodness

Already mentioned that.
There's apparently 9 more slots after that.
Yup. I was just cementing the supposed rumor as fact.

I'm reading some JJBA Part 7 right now, still love it. But...
And you know D4C is just sitting there watching the whole thing and is all like "aaaaaw man, that shit ain't right..."

Alternatively:
"He's the goddamned child molester and I'M called Dirty Deeds?! Ya know what? Fuck this. I'm going home."
*D4C went back home and President Valentine lost his Stand power and reverted to being a fat little munchkin with facial features that change every panel*

I wish, lol.
Finally made it to the part with all the Universal Shenanigans though, now the fun really begins.
Edit:
So, apparently Patch 1.02 for All-Star Battle sped up the animations for supers and some knock down taunts?
Odd choice, hopefully they'll revert that, because it's allegedly really weird looking on some supers. First I've heard of this.

Last edited:
Pink isn't really her color... (Yes! I always find something to complain about. :p)

Patch 1.03 Notes
According to the good folks at MMCafe, it seems they will change the damage of the throws, tweak the stylish moves, change characters' HP, nerf 'Easy Beat' and fix the online icon to show accurate connection.
The Professor made a interesting observation about this last one: They've given up on the netcode so they're just going to change the antenna display to make people happy. Same thing happened back with KOF13 and we all know how that ended up.

And they also underlined a somewhat shocking discovery: the only things that everyone agree are great (design, color, sketches, 3D models, animations) were outsourced to Graphinica.
So there you go, folks. The good things in this game are NOT by CC2; but the bad ones are. Now you know who to blame.

They already confirmed Annasui and Vanilla Ice for Campaign 4 and Baoh for the final Campaign 5. He will likely be the final character.

Last edited:
I seriously think we're not getting just 9 DLC characters, especially given the game sold 500,000+ copies. We'll probably get more, there's still a lot more characters they could add. And if the DLC sales are great enough they'll probably consider it.
Besides, not having Stroheim and Diego is a crime.
A crime they should fix.
Both companies together made a great game, at least.

Also, apparently, according to the jump page, Old Joseph uses both Stand (Hermit's Purple) and Hamon, and Lisa Lisa uses her muffler scarf to attack

I just Finished Stone Ocean. Time for Steel Ball Run