• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

I think I need to hear him killin folk and using Killer Queen to make a final call on whether I like it or not

I feel like the tree in that ED is a euphanism of some kind.

Almost a year later, I'm going to say worries about Jojolion are only strengthening. It really seems like we're in climax territory now and not only have most questions not been answered (and feel forgotten) but we still kind of have nothing to care about at this point.

I will be very happy to see those worries as having been meaningless, but I'm not sure that will necessarily be the case.

• What's up with Wall Eyes? They used to be ever present, but haven't been seen for some time.
  • What was up with the bite marks? It was originally at least implied they granted stands, though that makes less with Josuke's history and Joshu's family.
  • Who was that guy in Josuke's flashback? Wasn't Kira. Wasn't Damo (unless a redesign occurred?) Maybe another character who's face we have yet to see and is important at the time I am writing this.
  • Where does everyone go after their fight with Josuke? Where has Nijimura been this whole time? It seems like if you have a stand in this part and you aren't Yasuho, Tsurugi, Rai or Jobin we will literally never see you do anything with it after your arc. (Not going to mention one or two others that people may find to be spoilers)
And it's not like this part hasn't had some of the best fights in the series. Aphex Twins, Vitamin C, Ozon Baby were all rad. That fight I have no memory of other than a guy getting hit by the bus? Easily one of the best deaths in Jojo. But it still feels like it's in service of nothing, like we're introduced to mysteries and then those mysteries are just never mentioned again after being prominent for good amounts of time. And the current potential main villains appear to just want money? Or to take over the world? Or something equally uninteresting. We've had a countdown for a near a year now to an event that we aren't even entirely sure why we should actually care since almost no one has a clear motivation.

There are definitely ways that this will all work out and the end will be great, maybe some of those questions will even get answered, but I am no longer comfortable just assuming that the part will actually do that. Which is a shame after SBR which was pretty tight in execution, at least as far as Jojo goes. SBR established motivations pretty early on or when they were called for, everyone was goal oriented and pacing was exceptional (for Jojo). Not that mysteries are bad, but hey, the first like entire third of Jojolion may just have all been set ups to things that never pay off and questions that are never answered, and that would suck.

God I didn't even notice it was him last issue, where the fuck is this going?
JoJolion_87_001.png