• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Jul 17, 2015] Skullgirls EVO 2015 Side Tournament (Las Vegas, NV)

tumblr_nmzb2l44vj1s5zwdxo1_500.png

top 8 gets paid or top 3?

So SIG is a Japanese player? Cool!

Seriously tho is Sage actually going?

If we get a sudden influx of on-site signups we'll have to hold some kind of preliminaries for getting pool spots, since with pre-reg at the numbers it is right now, this is the best option we have.

top 8 gets paid or top 3?

Let me get back to you on that. Probably just top 3?

Also spoiler alert Free Es is MegamanDS but he never likes to use his real username.
booo
With a $1000 pot bonus, just Top3 seems excessive? I dont know
I only ask because of the pot bonus. If it wasn't there, I would already assume top 3. But $1000 seems like top 8 might work. At Seattle, I was under the impression it was top 8. Then when I went to get my pay, it was back to top 3. Wasn't a good feeling, so that's why I ask now before the tourney.

Pools looking good. I have my Persona pool at Noon but I'll probably be out of the tournament before 1:30 ;.;

Top 8, then. I think I agree that it makes more sense.

Also I'm dumb and if we get enough entrants on-site to go over 64 total I'll just make each pool 32 instead of 16. No need for prelims.

Oh crap did I forget to register? How did that happen, welp I guess I'm paying on site then lol.

As I don't have anywhere to stay for evo I unfortunately have to drop out of the tourney. ;-;

I don't think Negus likes commentating (which is a shame, because I like his commentary)
Maybe if we show we believe in Negus, he'll believe in himself.

Reactions: Broken Loose
I'll be arriving in Vegas today! I'll be rooming with BenTheDragon and I've got SG on my laptop, so we'll be training up a bit while we're there. Also I looked at the pools and I believe I'll have to request a change. I'm scheduled for 1:30 but my Smash 4 pool starts at 2.

Too late to sign up for tourney, but paid my dues at least. See you bums there!

Reactions: No longer exist
Pools are up. View them here: http://bit.ly/sgevo2015pools

Please let me know ASAP if there are errors or cases of players that fight each other ALL THE DAMN TIME or anything.
>My Tekken 7 Pool starts at 4pm on Friday
>SG Pool is 30 minutes after

Oi, this is going to be rough.

PS: It says July 11th, instead of 17th.

I'll be arriving in Vegas today! I'll be rooming with BenTheDragon and I've got SG on my laptop, so we'll be training up a bit while we're there. Also I looked at the pools and I believe I'll have to request a change. I'm scheduled for 1:30 but my Smash 4 pool starts at 2.

Moved you to Pool 1.

>My Tekken 7 Pool starts at 4pm on Friday
>SG Pool is 30 minutes after

Oi, this is going to be rough.

PS: It says July 11th, instead of 17th.

Moved you to Pool 2.

@render please remove me from the bracket

Removed. ;___;

Last edited:
DUBBA POST

Tournament will be run on PS4/PS3, but likely the PS4 for the vast majority of matches.

Sorry, Xbox players.

Top 8, then. I think I agree that it makes more sense.

Also I'm dumb and if we get enough entrants on-site to go over 64 total I'll just make each pool 32 instead of 16. No need for prelims.
Wait so is this saying that if we get more than 64 people, you'll condense pools into 2 pools of more than 32? I think I'm having trouble parsing here, sorry.

[e] Oh I think I get it, it'll still be 4 pools of max 32, right?

Also, I've got $100 open for use in money matches, $50 cap for any given match. Any takers?

DUBBA POST

Tournament will be run on PS4/PS3, but likely the PS4 for the vast majority of matches.

Sorry, Xbox players.
are you gonna bring fightsticks for players to use?

it'll still be 4 pools of max 32, right?

Yes, this.

are you gonna bring fightsticks for players to use?

We'll have a couple of fightsticks and DualShock 4s for people to use, yes.

@render please remove me from the bracket
Is a room really the only thing stopping you, as in you already have flights or whatever?

You're signing up on-site though right?

Moved you to Pool 2.
K0EKSjf.jpg

Sorry to bother ya again, but after re-looking at my pools and the SG ones. I think I should be moved to Pool 3.

PS: I'm from FL, not CA.

K0EKSjf.jpg

Sorry to bother ya again, but after re-looking at my pools and the SG ones. I think I should be moved to Pool 3.

PS: I'm from FL, not CA.

Next time please say what pool would be ideal first, since all I had to go on before was "Oh, it conflicts with his Tekken pool."

I will move you to Pool 3 on the condition that @Dishonestabe69 agrees to switch with you, since he's also from FL and I want to keep the pool sizes as even as possible.

Thanks for the heads up about your location, though. I only switched names around earlier but forgot to retain people's regions. They are now correct for everyone.

Reactions: Kongk4
I forgot to sign up ahead of time. Can I still do so online in order to be accommodated into a pool that won't conflict with another game's pool?

Last edited:
For on site registering will we have to do it Friday morning or can we do it sometime Thursday?
Edit: we are playing mainly on ps4? I can bring my controller sure but never played sg with that controller, hope it doesn't feel too weird.

@Mike_Z Well not anymore was gonna take a bus but It's to late now

If you want back in on the tournament it's not too late. That's like, a piece of cake to accommodate.

I forgot to sign ahead of time. Can I still do so online in order to be accommodated into a pool that won't conflict with another game's pool?

Send me a PM with your signup name, location, and the other games you entered and I'll try to pick an appropriate one. I'm not going to take a specific pool request first, since I don't want people cherry-picking pools.

Can't play until you pay, though. You can do that here. It's $10.

For on site registering will we have to do it Friday morning or can we do it sometime Thursday?

You can just send me a PM. Please remind me what region you live in. You won't get to play your match until you pay, though. You can pay here. It's $10.

Edit: we are playing mainly on ps4? I can bring my controller sure but never played sg with that controller, hope it doesn't feel too weird.

I'm thinking of having a PS3 setup as well, since I know the controller thing is an issue.

Send me a PM with the other games you signed up for. I'll see about placing you in a pool.

###

OH HEY THAT'S RIGHT. Any LV locals that can loan us monitors for Friday and Saturday? We need 2.