• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Jul 17, 2015] Skullgirls EVO 2015 Side Tournament (Las Vegas, NV)

ANOTHER DUBBA-POST.

Anyone ELSE slack off and want to enter still? PM me

OH HEY THAT'S RIGHT. Any LV locals that can loan us monitors for Friday and Saturday? We need 2.
I'm going to be bringing a set up to EVO that I'd like to keep in my room for just casuals, but if you guys are in a super pinch day of I can definitely bring my monitor down to the booth either day. It's this monitor specifically if you need info about it.

Edit: we are playing mainly on ps4? I can bring my controller sure but never played sg with that controller, hope it doesn't feel too weird.
As render said, we can have a PS3 setup during the tournament. But if (by some huuuuuuuge miracle ;^) you make it to the streamed finals, those WILL be on PS4.

ANOTHER DUBBA-POST.

Anyone ELSE slack off and want to enter still? PM me
Just PM'd all my info

sry for slackin

Just PM'd all my info

sry for slackin

It's all good. Glad to have you on board!

I'm going to be bringing a set up to EVO that I'd like to keep in my room for just casuals, but if you guys are in a super pinch day of I can definitely bring my monitor down to the booth either day.

That would be super helpful. Yes, please. ;__;

Last edited:
OH HEY THAT'S RIGHT. Any LV locals that can loan us monitors for Friday and Saturday? We need 2.

You can borrow my monitor for Friday.

Edit: Maybe Saturday too if you can just hold it for me till 1amish

Yay I signed up and sent PM. Now to practice with a ps4 controller until tomorrow.

I dooont have a caaaaaaaard~!
and moms away so time to
register
at
the door

Reactions: POS Industries
To echo what Brand just said, the JP player is at EVO already and wants to hang out and play. You can hit me up on Twitter (@earlfriend4649) or PM me so I can coordinate and help him find you!

Reactions: No longer exist
You're signing up on-site though right?
Ye, of course!

I'll be bringing my monitor. ya'll can use it if you need to.

Me hopefully. I know Fosh has done commentary before too.
Didn't even see this edit until I looked for the pools link just now, lol. I will definitely vouch for Dolfin on commentary (assuming he's not busy being in top 8 himself) and sure! I can talk about video games if people in charge of deciding those things are cool with it.

Should be arriving at the Hotel around 7pm with two setups. We'll probably open up our room for people to come in for casuals, but we need to get some actual sleep so we will kick people out.

I also want to make it clear that we don't want certain smells in our room either. Take that shit elsewhere.

That said, I'm excited to play you all!

I second dolfinh's nomination for commentator duties, he's actually pretty damn good.

Currently driving down from norcal towads Bakersfield. I'll see you all on premises!

Man you'll all be at evo and I'll be like doing calculus, have fun I guess, skype me in on commentary, I'm pretty good.

Sorry to bother you with another pool change request, Render, but I'm rooming with BenTheDragon and I'm asking this on his behalf since he doesn't have a Skullheart account. His Smash 4 pools are also at 2PM, and I know for a fact that game can take a while to play and we weren't sure he'd be able to make it by 3. He's been my SG training partner more or less since I started playing the game, so I wouldn't advise putting him in the same pool as me. So if possible, could he be moved to the 4:30 pool?

Sorry to bother you with another pool change request, Render, but I'm rooming with BenTheDragon and I'm asking this on his behalf since he doesn't have a Skullheart account. His Smash 4 pools are also at 2PM, and I know for a fact that game can take a while to play and we weren't sure he'd be able to make it by 3. He's been my SG training partner more or less since I started playing the game, so I wouldn't advise putting him in the same pool as me. So if possible, could he be moved to the 4:30 pool?

Please let him know that he's now in Pool 4.

That's a good question actually.

So only top 8 will be available to watch live? Will pools be recorded by Guard Break or something like last year?

Is anyone going to stream Pools? And if yes, can you pass me the link to the stream
Only top 8 will be streamed. Pools might be recorded but they won't be streamed.

Time and day of stream? Or is that not known yet?

It's in the first post.
Top 8 will take place on Saturday, July 18th from ~7:00PM. (Exact time subject to change)

Madcatz will be holding Top 8 from their stage and streaming it on their official twitch channel (twitch.tv/madcatz)!

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Oh
Welp see you guys in the chat tomorrow

Hmm? Since I haven't seen it here yet:

Top 8:
Winners: CR|SonicFox, RK|Dolfinh, Swiftfox-Dash, MikeZ
Losers: Negus Eyoel, Bang Camaro, SIG, RemiKz

Reactions: Dime and Wenzel
How many people were entered?

And are there any brackets?

There were about 24 people in my pool and 4 pools so near 100 entries I'd guess.

Can't wait for my screw ups to be on the bigger screen.