• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA Kansas City + St Louis: Midwestgirls

MAXOUT Results

1. Fuzzy Snugs
2. FuLLBLeeD
3. Dhoppler
4. Alex PI
5. Dallas
5. Zephyrel
7. RydenOnkars
7.IWishThisMicrophoneWasAPenis
9. DP Kiel
9. Speakeasy

Shoutouts to everyone braving the winter weather bullshit to come play! Shout outs to Fuzzy Snugs not dying in a car accident (I'm glad you're alright buddy). If you died, we wouldn't be able to body you next month :^)

Looking forward to seeing everyone next month at our much larger venue!

I have a 4 port USB connector for my PS3. PS3 Skullgirls supports two keyboards at once. Somebody bring their keyboard. I WANT to make a Typing of the Skullgirls team tournament happen. I type like 153 WPM come see me

I'll bring my keyboard. Also, I'm gonna need you to learn double snaps so the Fullblee D: curse doesn't hit me anymore.

I'll bring my keyboard. Also, I'm gonna need you to learn double snaps so the Fullblee D: curse doesn't hit me anymore.

I know double snaps, I just don't do them. There is a difference!

Rekka, Rekka, Slide, OTG Double Snap ;_;

NO FRIDAY HOOKUP THIS WEEK. I'm getting a EGD done (getting a camera shoved down my esophagus GET HYPE) and will be on Valentine throw gas all day so I'm not doing much of anything except being sleepy.

This week's Saturday hookup will be at Alamo Drafthouse as part of a test run for Maxout! Event details are as follows:

https://www.facebook.com/events/368923863310346/368924823310250/

MoTheHawk wants to run two tournaments. One of them will obviously be Ultra, the other one CAN Be Skullgirls if enough people show up! Hope to see you there!

Thread for MAXOUT is up! Maxout will be taking place on March 28th. http://skullheart.com/index.php?thr...e-alamo-drafthouse-kansas-city-missouri.6757/

We've moved into a new venue, Alamo Drafthouse. You will find all the information you need in that thread.

Also, Pew Pew Card and Game in Oak Grove has a bunch of new Skullgirls players that are very interested in learning the game. I'm also in talks with one of the guys that runs tournaments there to get a Skullgirls monthly going.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/339441699530613/

There's a Facebook page with more info. I've been going pretty much every week, Dhoppler has made it to a few. It would be great to see more people!

11041859_10152935817757284_8011678743940261404_o.jpg

We nice, B.

Reactions: Kai
by the by, I'm bringing at least one keyboard for Typing of the Skullgirls. I dunno if any of my spares fully work, but if someone else can bring a keyboard, we gonna do it.

Reactions: FuLLBLeeD
I'll lend my 5 port PS3 USB hub to one of the other Skullpals this weekend. It's easy to yank the entire thing out when you pull on it, so be gentle ~~~~

This BETTER happen you deadasses.

HOOKUP AT MY PLACE THIS FRIDAY, 4/3. START TIME 8 PM. BRING YOUR STICKS. BRING YOUR DICKS. BRING YOUR SKELLINGTONS. EVERYBODY GET HYPE AYY LMAO

My stick is currently broken until my replacement part comes in. If you could bring an extra one it would be much appreciated!

(contact me for the address/my phone number if you need it)

Last edited:
HOOKUP AT MY PLACE THIS FRIDAY, 4/3. START TIME 8 PM. BRING YOUR STICKS. BRING YOUR DICKS. BRING YOUR SKELLINGTONS. EVERYBODY GET HYPE AYY LMAO

My stick is currently broken until my replacement part comes in. If you could bring an extra one it would be much appreciated!

(contact me for the address/my phone number if you need it)
Same time as Ben's meetup in STL... I'd watch a streamed netplay showdown :)

Same time as Ben's meetup in STL... I'd watch a streamed netplay showdown :)

Fastest internet in the country versus Ben's garbage internet? Sounds like a shitshow! :P

On a serious note, I want to keep these as local serious grind sessions for the people around here and won't be doing any netplay stuff, because I can do that any other time of the week. I'm sure Ben feels the same with his meetups. I MIGHT stream it, but since I'm streaming the same day as Salty, nobody ever bothers watching :(

Besides, STL is free.

Besides, STL is free.
yo goddamn *airhorn.wav* you guys gonna take that or COME TO MAXOUT AND PLAY US?!??!?!?>!?!?!?! :^)

Is this the time I say KC is free? :PUN:

Reactions: Fosh
I might be working in KC this Summer, which would mean two things: 1) I would be available as a punching bag and 2) I would need to find a place to stay. I know this is a weird place to ask, but does anyone need a housemate/subleaser?

if you're actually in KC, I can't help much. If your work is on the Kansas side though, i can poke around Lawrence.

I might be working in KC this Summer, which would mean two things: 1) I would be available as a punching bag and 2) I would need to find a place to stay. I know this is a weird place to ask, but does anyone need a housemate/subleaser?

1) More Skullgirls players is always great! 2) I do not know anyone looking for a roommate right now, sorry.

This Friday is the return of FRESH POTS at Blackdog Coffee House! Fresh pots is (or was while it was on a hiatus) a monthly tournament/gathering at Blackdog Coffee House in Lenexa. This isn't huge like Maxout, which is why there is no event page for it on Skullheart, but it's a fun local gathering and Skullgirls will be there. IF we have enough people we'll be able to run a bracket for Skullgirls, so make sure to show up if you can!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1420697281573275/

Address is: Blackdog Coffee House 12815 W 87th St Pkwy, Lenexa, Kansas 66215
Start time is 7 PM, end time is 1 am.

HOOKUP TONIGHT AT MY PLACE, START TIME 7 PM

It's final, I'm working downtown and staying in Roeland Park this Summer. I need to trade numbers with more of the KC people. I will be spending a lot of weekends in Columbia, but I'll be around during the week.

That's top 4. Top 4 will be streamed.

The thread for the next MAXOUT is up! It will be on August 1st.

http://skullgirls.com/forums/index....t-alamo-drafthouse-kansas-city-missouri.6757/

Additionally, I'll be hosting Skullgirls at my place this Friday, on the 10th. This will be the last time I host Skullgirls at this house, as I'm moving in two weeks (don't worry, it's only about ten minutes away from where I live now and I plan on doing Skullgirls hookups there too).

@evilben you gonna drag any of your boys out to this one?

i can't make this one. have a conference i am attending that weekend. i think some of the other guys are going to try to make it, though.

MAXOUT had a whopping 16 man Skullgirls bracket this month, shattering any and all records we've had for previous attendance. This is FANTASTIC. Although I can't go into details, if we can continue to bring this many people in every month we might have some really good things in store for players soon...

Completed bracket can be found here: http://challonge.com/mo080115sg

Seriously guys...we can only grow from here, so if you haven't been out to Maxout in awhile (or yet)....MAKE IT OUT ALREADY!!!!!!

Reactions: evilben and Kai
Is "that thing" a swimsuit competition? Cuz I've been manscaping in preparation.

Reactions: evilben
The contest would be an added "bonus" for sure.

MAXOUT results:

Supreme Champion: KC | Dhlopper
Worthy Adversary: Lawrence | Alex P.I.
Maybe Next Time: KC | FuLLBLeeD
4th place: STL | DR Chipper
5th place tie: KC | Hologram Robl0x
KC | Ryden Onkars
7th place tie: KC | Squid
STL l EvilBen
9th place tie: Topeka | Dallas
KC l My Girlfriend says it's Alright
Lawrence | LFK Speakeasy
STL | Legendary J
13th place tie: STL | Monzy
KC | John Son
KC | Jonmoisei
STL | M_W

STREAM ARCHIVE:

16 entrants for the second month in a row! Thanks again for St Louis to coming out. The game will only to continue to grow from here, and we have new players around that are picking it up. Let's keep these numbers up!

Last edited:
Reactions: fenster
Swear to god Chris, first you post the wrong video here, then you forget to post the link to reddit.

What next, gonna forget to announce the sweet pot bonus at the next one?

Reactions: Dhoppler
Still trying to get in touch with GameKatz in Independence about Skullgirls/Guilty Gear nights on Friday. The first event would be once a month, but if we can prove there's interest I'd like to these events twice a month.

Reactions: Dhoppler
Spoke to Gamekatz about Skullgirls/Guilty Gear nights. The October schedule is looking pretty full, however if they have a cancellation they're going to let me know. I'm going to see if I can get something booked for November.