• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Kill la Kill *WARNING SPOILERS EDITION*

Ryuko Touchdown's outfit looked cool as hell. I liked this episode.

since when was the gauntlet part of Senketsu, i could have sworn they were seperate

You can't activate Life Fiber Synchronize Mode without the gauntlet
And yes, I'm loving her new outfit.
Hey hey, she's not done yet. She's still gotta get that gauntlet.
At least she's 99% done

Reactions: Arcana
but cant you just technically lose some blood?

You just know that's what's gonna happen.
I think it'll be more a case of KLK's habit of showing that NOTHING GOES AS PLANNED.

Some Revocs member (or Nui again) will show up and everything gets upended and we'll all left with another week of wondering "WTF just happened?"

Ryuko Touchdown's outfit looked cool as hell. I liked this episode.
Now I just wanna see a fan art of her doing Travis' intro from the start of NMH. She already has a cool bike.

Also if they can't get Platinum to make a game, Grasshopper is acceptable too. GET SUDA ON THIS.

Satsuki may simply not transform if Ryuko is unable to transform herself.

Wow, that episode of Kill La Kill might have been my favorite yet.
The over the top action was somehow even more of the top.
Gamagori played Yu Gi Oh.
And I want Ryuko's scarf. That's so damn awesome.

Platinum could make a KLK hack and slash. Just take the Rising engine, and make it all KLK stuff.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Except more Dynasty Warriors, just in the fact over THOUSANDS OF STUDENTS ONSCREEN AT ONCE.

Except not like Kamen Rider: Battride War. Twas terrible.

Reactions: CaptainGlazak
Also, did the plot of this episode remind you guys of Simon's Quest, or is that just me?

Also, did the plot of this episode remind you guys of Simon's Quest, or is that just me?

To the tune of Castlevania with Lyrics

Satsuki! I am back-suki!
To kick your phat booty
(Like my father, Isshin)
Cutting clothes, slicing up elbows
I'll get those black windows and put Sen back together
I'll race all over your face and when I cut the place
I'm gonna *sew sew sew sew*
Got the shirt, and got the skirt, I'm gonna sq--

you know what I think that's enough lyrics for now

After looking again, her outfit doesn't really look like a Travis Touchdown outfit. Yellow shades, red clothes and a motorcycle could be a reference, but if it is one it's pretty subtle.

After looking again, her outfit doesn't really look like a Travis Touchdown outfit. Yellow shades, red clothes and a motorcycle could be a reference, but if it is one it's pretty subtle.
Either way, it's awesome and I would totally buy a figure of it.

So does anyone else get the vibe that Kill la Kill takes place in some nebulous 90's era? All the LCD displays are monochrome and I don't think any of the vehicles or clothing styles really go outside of the 90's. Even the cell phones are huge.

I read it takes place in post apoptolyptic era, but that dosnt seem right

Well, the way they talk about the "ways of old" and all that makes it seem like Japan economically or politically collapsed and this new form of government took over.

We may be looking way too deep into it, but it does feel post-something cataclysmic.

they already confirmed that this shit is post-apocalyptic and Japan is one of the only places that are still habitable

Reactions: Arcana
they already confirmed that this shit is post-apocalyptic and Japan is one of the only places that are still habitable
you're gonna gave to give me
The-Sauce.jpg

you could probably order some online
or maybe go to the store and get some

i'm not your goddamn parent so get your own damn sauce
i'm running a business here, not a charity

When they showed the world and where Revocs sells clothes (90% wasn't it?) it didn't seem like most of the world was uninhabitable.

I don't think the world is uninhabitable, but it is definitely post-apocalyptic. (It says so right in the show's synopsis)

well, since Satsuki has the glove, i wonder if there's some kind of rejection that's going to happen with junketsu

wearing kamui bits from different sources sounds like it could be a bit unstable

I honestly think Satsuki is just going to give it back to Ryuko without a fight. unless it's one of those "Prove you're worthy" type of deals.
But the whole purpose of her scattering Senketsu was to gather data. If she's the only one with a piece then it's kinda pointless, right?

I'd certainly say she gathered some data from Ryuko taking all of the other pieces back using only a mere scrap of Senketsu.

After all the previously more serious episodes leading up to this, the show has returned to the general silliness of a meat tank, great episode overall.

The other schools are putting up a much better fight than expected, the Elite Four getting to be the semi-heroes of the moment, despite the fact that they're taking over areas for an evil corporation.

I'm expecting the nudist forces to make their jump in at any time now.

I also thought of a Dynasty Warriors type game from this episode would be neat.

I think satsuki and and Ryuku will end up being friends. . .to defeat the more evil rainbow hair

Reactions: No longer exist
"ryuko my mommy bad touches me :c"

"I INSTANTLY FORGIVE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EVER DONE LET'S GO KICK HER ASS"
I feel like the relationship between the two is not pure hatred any more, after all Ryuko is really after Nui and Satsuki's mother

I've seen the Morgiana one before. Didn't know it was a thing lol

I would've liked the KLK ones a lot more if they weren't so uh...off...
Also I just found out that the Kill La Kill soundtrack makes everything better.

today's episode was a big fight episode:
- Gamagoori x Mako moments ALL OVER THE PLACE.
- Senketsu showing off how cool a guy he is.
- Ryuko is now working with NYYUUUDESSTO BEEEEEEECHI . . .
- . . . who happen to have the most impractical mechs I've seen in a long time.
- NEXT WEEK is the apparently the big "WE REVEAL ANSWERS" episode. Here's hoping it'll live up to expectations.

I'm also convinced that GamagoriXMako is something the creators ship, I MEAN REALLY.
8aa5b5e5b38ea8a50534b26ba39d0e3e.png

Even if it's you. EVEN IF IT'S FUCKING YOU, MAKOXIRA CONFIRMED CANON!
Seriously though, great episode this week. I expected them to pull a "Honnouji is actually the good guys" on us already, but maybe them not changing the OP is indication that they will continue to be against Ryuko up until very close to the end. I also see a Revocs vs. Nudists war incoming.

Honestly, this was a pretty exciting episode. Satsuki getting decked in the face by Ryuko was kinda hilarious. I still love you though m'lady

I was pretty hype when Ryuko grabbed Satsuki.
kinda like:
I was thinking "HER BACK IS EXPOSED, DO IT! FINISH HER!"
But instead it was "OPEN HER UP! DO IT! FINISH HER!"

Reactions: No longer exist
Honestly, this was a pretty exciting episode. Satsuki getting decked in the face by Ryuko was kinda hilarious. I still love you though m'lady
I think the main problem is that there has been a distinct lack of setbacks for Satsuki. Even when it looks like she loses, she's like NOPE and it was all her plan the whole time. And that has happened multiple times.

She looked kinda startled in the next episode preview, so I hope she gets shaken up when the next part of the series starts.