• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Killer Instinct - Series in General

Is Hisako as fun as she sounds? Counter moves that work as stance cancels and those command grabs look like they're a lot of fun to work with.

Well she looked HELLUVA fun when I watched Maximilian play her... and he kept saying how fun it is to play her.

I like the sound effects in this game a lot, i really want to play it (i need a job, now)

Like, even the voice work, like jago screaming: Endokuken (is this what he says?), to the voices on the females, are so good. Sabrewulf howls.

And of course, the announcer is sick hype.

The combos are really cool looking a lot of the times.

The problem i see with the game, is TJ combo and Omen, they look so unfinished characters in the visual aspect.

And seeing the season 2 story in videos, i think the story mode is lacking, not lacking in the visual aspect, or the writing, i understand what they could do with the budget and the guys who worked on the videos and the images did a very good job. But that voice narrating, he was reading too fast, like he was in a hurry, or had limited time, he doesn't give the necessary pauses to make the story convincing.

TJ combo and Omen, they look so unfinished characters in the visual aspect.
Have to say I disagree about TJ, I love his animations.

Holy shit this Hisako figure

CKKIE-3VEAAHfGS.jpg:large

Here's some new info for Real-Boy Shadow Jago

Sticky note version:
- lost Laser Sword and Wind Kick, but now has his boss moves and air fireballs
- His new mechanic is "Shadow Surge". He can push a button after using a special to do a mini-EX version for less meter than a usual EX move costs
- the divekick is basically Demon Flip, and will bounce off opponents on hit and block
- mini-EX slide is a teleport crossup, but it's unsafe. Mini-EX air fireball shoots two fireballs at different angles
- No Instinct yet, still in dev

wow seems kinda op having to do mini-shadow versions of your special move. I'm guessing they can be broken very easily?

Killer Instinct: Season Three will launch for both Xbox One and PC in March 2016, Microsoft announced at Gamescom.

Additionally, Microsoft revealed that Battletoads character Rash will be available in the Xbox One version of the game today as a guest character.

Yeah... I'm not one to be negative about things but...

Wow, Rash looks pretty lame to me. I hope it's beacuse he's early in the works or something...

Also me not ever playing Battletoads might be a factor.

sigh... It's just that... Rash? I mean the return of the battle toads and what not makes sense but... to think KI now has guess fighters in it. pls let his ultra combo be just 10,000 points worth of battlebutts. PLS OH PLS.

oh wait nvm, battlebutt is a special move

also he is playable today. huh... welp that's neato.

Also me not ever playing Battletoads might be a factor.
but everyone's played battletoads.

no one has ever gotten past the speederbike stage though.

:PUN:

but everyone's played battletoads.

no one has ever gotten past the speederbike stage though.

:PUN:

Try saying that to bad luck bootsy

6:14

I'm not too annoyed about Battletoads, but who's gonna fill his slot on PC? The Scout from TF2? (That'd actually be hilarious).

Anyways, as far as S3 is concerned, I hope we get to see a few guest chars. There isn't really anyone left of the original casts to pull off of aside from maybe the He-Man ripoff I think. A few more original chars along the lines of Kan-Ra and Aganos would be cool as well.

Also, for the PC release, are they doing the F2P model or just outright buying the game with all the chars at this point?

Anyways, as far as S3 is concerned, I hope we get to see a few guest chars. There isn't really anyone left of the original casts to pull off of aside from maybe the He-Man ripoff I think. A few more original chars along the lines of Kan-Ra and Aganos would be cool as well.

There are four characters from the old games that haven't made it in yet: Eyedol, Tusk, Kim Wu, and Gargos.

Anyway, I would prefer this game to not have guest characters but it is what it is.

I kind of expect S3 to be like S2: 4 returning characters and 4 newcomers.

Since this will be my first KI game, i'm really not attached to the old characters to request someone. But eyedol looks stupid, if he by some miracle returns, they better make him look cool.

And, one thing i wish, is that MS would inject more money in KI, maybe polish the 3d models a bit more, some particle effects, the game is already good looking, but an extra polish would make a huge difference.

Knew this was bound to happen. The developers/MS already heavily implied before that guests were gonna happen.

S3 is adding eight more fighters so assuming Rash and at least one more guest appeas this leaves six slots and I'm pretty sure developers already confirmed certain characters like Kim Wu when S3 happens so there should be still a good mix of returning and new characters.

I find it funny that an Xbox fighting game finally gets guest characters and it's not Mortal Kombat at all.

If there's any more guest characters I'm gonna say either Master Chef or Marcus Fenix
Probably Fenix because they're pushing that Gears Remake.

I find it funny that an Xbox fighting game finally gets guest characters and it's not Mortal Kombat at all.

If there's any more guest characters I'm gonna say either Master Chef or Marcus Fenix
Probably Fenix because they're pushing that Gears Remake.
Image_28204_783449_master_chef_Ma%20ster_Chief-s575x427-30892-580.jpg

I totally know what you meant, and I'm really, REALLY sorry, but holy crap could I not resist this! Please understand

Reactions: Jutsei
I look forward to his stage/theme, guess we're not getting those until later, It's a very interesting move to have him be beta and playable only with no stage yet.
Oh well, March 2016, quite a ways off

Well it was kinda the same when TJ was a beta test character before the full shift into season 2.

Presumably both of these are more like extended teasers rather than full on beta testings, although Rash DOES look relatively unfinished.

I just want to know what his stage will be.
And a better question is if it'll have a stage finisher.
Because if there's a Battletoads Stage it need sto be the Turbo Tunnels, and the Stage Finisher will be uppercutting someone onto one of the bikes, which proceeds to charge off screen and probably into a wall or something

Apparently his look in-game is his retro costume
so there's still costume that redesigns him unrevealed

He's got a zipline and an airdash? Wut? We getting Spidertoad now?

no airdash. just zipline. you can go ground to air then air to ground but not air to air.

Wow. Battletoads was before me and I don't really know the game nor understand the hype around him, but he seems neat. I kind of wish I understood his weird looking moves like the spiked shoes.

how does this fit into the canon of the cartoon?

Apparently his look in-game is his retro costume
so there's still costume that redesigns him unrevealed

That's kinda dumb honestly. Why do they need to redesign him? The way he looks should be his normal outfit lol...

I'm still wondering what PC is gonna get in his place? Since he's Xbone exlusive, do we just get a huge empty socket where he'd be? D:

What do you mean xbone exclusive? Windows 10 and xbone share all content.

Oh. I thought I heard somewhere that he was Xbone exclusive...