• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Killer Instinct - Series in General

16998786_10206248405968230_1482706369598456188_n.jpg

I hope this doens't mean a Non-Freaky/creepy Hisako skin is coming

Honestly I think it might be. But I am also thinking it'll be a less angry hisako that uses a katana and her father's spirit is her stand.

I would be down for that.

For those thinking it'll be all remixed characters, the community manager did confirm the last character of the 3 is definitely a brand new original.

... Hisako related...? like why even
Well it's official now.

Now Microsoft just needs to make some calls and get a Hisako Nendo figure made.

I just need to stop joking about stupid shit in games because they just happen
I joke about Wukong in Dota 2 eventually, 4 years later, fucking there he is.
I joke about a more attractive/good Hisako, there she is.

Apparently she's also easybake Hisako. AKA Hisako for dummies.

Hisako, more plausible waifu edition.
You joke, but waifus are a fairly reliable way to get more attention for a game.

KI is kinda lacking in that respect. Except for Riptor. She's the best.

Not digging Shin Hisako concept-wise, I mean it kinda lightens some of the appeal of her being a female character thats scary as hell and isn't sexualized/waifuized and also just happens to be fully capable of kicking your ass.

LUCKILY, the KI team did confirm that the character after Shinsako is 100% new and original.

Reactions: Jutsei
Hisako has been my waifu since I saw her trailer and she still will be. I've also discovered a new love for two handed swords recently so this makes me excited.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

also why didn't they just like
use her name from when she was human...
Shin Hisako just feels a little uninspired

Shin hisako is not her before becoming hisako. It's after. It makes sense to not be named Chiharu because of this.

My waifu. Two waifus.

There is a theory that Hisako (The one we know) is nothing but a manifestation of the wrath that developed in Chiharu. When she obtained the katana, it flushed out all the wrath and anger. The anger did not dissapear, The wrath sustained it's manifestation. So basically, there are two Chiharus walking around now. The one that is made of pure wrath and anger and the new one that is cleansed.

But that's just a theory.

For those who missed it:

bdb8b849b016222ced3927d9b711ecc086fb751e.jpg

I WAS W R O O O O O O N G

Killer Instinct World Cup Trailer. Features a look at Shin Hisakos outro.

25d8494ba55a1d936e83a4f413ef1c9faddb2d94_1_500x288.jpg

Shin Hisako gameplay. She will be coming March 21st for 4.99.

Fulgore Ultimate. Ultimate Pack 2 coming May 2nd.

New Color Packs:
Coming March 21st
C6quuEmV4AAyOXF.jpg

Coming April 11th
C6qu_KJVAAEaL5P.jpg

Coming This Summer
C6qvOXEU4AATRfQ.jpg

Reactions: North888 and musica
One of them is entirely for omen? Oooook then lol

Not really. More like there's no kiwc community fund

Looking at Shin Hisako's gameplay, she doens't look as bad as I first thought, but I still think her aesthetic game is extraordinarily weak compared to regular Hisako, she's basically Bishamon without the cool chestpiece which throws everything off, literally all her alt colors are better though, themes not nearly as sharp either.
I just feel they dulled too much of the Onryo edge Hisako had, she just feels a lot less cool with less ghost, more samurai flavor, and I'm honestly bummed this is her story progression.
Still cool, but just not as cool as Hisako regular flavor.

Character designs for Seasons 1 & 2 were largely on point, since then it's been... okay.

Character designs for Seasons 1 & 2 were largely on point, since then it's been... okay.
is this including the 3 guest characters?

is this including the 3 guest characters?
I was talking about aesthetic, specifically, if you're talking about fighting style. Aesthetically, the guest characters don't really fit in Killer Instinct, but hey they're guest characters, I can live with that.

I was talking about aesthetic, specifically, if you're talking about fighting style. Aesthetically, the guest characters don't really fit in Killer Instinct, but hey they're guest characters, I can live with that.
It peaked with regular Hisako, Iron Galaxy poured all their life energy and creativity for like 2 years into her, Gargos and Eyedol came close but after that they failed to top her

It peaked with regular Hisako, Iron Galaxy poured all their life energy and creativity for like 2 years into her, Gargos and Eyedol came close but after that they failed to top her
I really like the redesigns too ('cept for Thunder, I feel like the mohawk gave him a rocker vibe to stand out from his archetype), plus Aganos and Kan-Ra, but Hisako was a really cool and well-realized concept, like a fusion between Killer Instinct and Darkstalkers.