• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Konami/Console Updates you will want to read

Hopefully Skullgirls 2 would fix all this shit. Will definitely be buying any future Konami products pre owned. :/

Linux! Aw yeah we in there baby! Good shit @shakesoda

Reactions: soul_of_k
640px-Mariofaint.jpg

I dunno anymore at this point sadly.

Only Skullgirls would have this happen.

Reactions: scrubbyscum999
Well this sucks a ton. I honestly was looking forward to getting back into this game once the console was up to date with the PC version. I pray LZ can rebound from this like they always do just so the dream can be kept alive.

It sucks indeed, but remember to keep your cool in this, guys. We can't go around throwing shit at Konami's direction because of that or go on a "I'll cancel my MGS5 pre-order now" - you're free to do it, sure, but not while whining about what's happening with SG.

Sad news, indeed. But if we are still supporting the game, we have to do it the ways we have been offered: test the beta, report anything, keep playing, keep having fun. I'll make sure to do my part when I have the time for.

Thank god I moved to PC! Fuck you, Konami! Sucks to be stuck to consoles right now.

Also, it's unlikely Konami will bother responding to any calls from Mike Z's team regarding this. No sense of professionalism at all. =/

Last edited:
This doesn't entirely suck, once absolutely all ties are cut with Konami, including any relation they have to the XBL version, it'll mean pumping out patches for the console versions will be exceptionally less tedious, and the removal of patch fees by MS means patches can be submitted as soon as each character is finished, the only delay at that point is Sony and MS having to perform their checks of the patches first.

again guys, please dont act angry about this. Mike said not to. the entirety of Konami is not to blame for this. you're doing a major disservice to more than just Konami by getting mad and leaving nothing but angry comments. please be reasonable and keep supporting the game. getting mad wont solve anything. we can help SG immensly, but not if we are wasting our efforts by throwing around hate and being childish about this.

again guys, please dont act angry about this. Mike said not to. the entirety of Konami is not to blame for this. you're doing a major disservice to more than just Konami by getting mad and leaving nothing but angry comments. please be reasonable and keep supporting the game. getting mad wont solve anything. we can help SG immensly, but not if we are wasting our efforts by throwing around hate and being childish about this.
I'll be as mad as I want to be. I won't throw insults or yell at Konami, but that doesn't mean I can't be upset. Sure, this may be good news in the long run if we get the Patch on consoles in a few weeks, but that remains to be seen and sounds unlikely. So shit, god damn it, motherfucker, prostitutes!

Thank god I moved to PC! Fuck you, Konami! Sucks to be stuck to consoles right now.

Also, it's unlikely Konami will bother responding to any calls from Mike Z's team regarding this. No sense of professionalism at all. =/

According to the SRK article, they haven't even been responding to Sony after Sony found out the details and sent them a message demanding to know what the fuck was going on.

"What's that? a game we're involved with has an enthusiastic fan-base? Shut down EVERYTHING" - Konami Madagascar, 2013
TBH, removing it from the store is the easiest way to get their name off of the game's legal contracts and other such business details. while it might be unable to be purchased for a while it doesnt mean SG isnt gonna be dead on consoles. this is just a setback.

the fuck did mike say last night?! what the fuck did I say last night! stop being mad and wasting your energy getting mad! GODDAMMIT!

I'll be as mad as I want to be. I won't throw insults or yell at Konami, but that doesn't mean I can't be upset. Sure, this may be good news in the long run if we get the Patch on consoles in a few weeks, but that remains to be seen and sounds unlikely. So shit, god damn it, motherfucker, prostitutes!
its not unlikely, this could just mean a month added to the wait time. but at least it means Lab Zero will now have a huge shackle removed from SG so that patches can come out so much easier. I'm not saying you cant get mad, but I'm not wrong in saying getting mad wont help anything.

For once we can finally say...

View attachment 963
Your "Nailed it" signature below the picture only makes that funnier. XD

OT: I am always proud and sad to see just how much struggle and difficulty Lab Zero has to go through for this game. I have never seen this level of determination to fight through all of the many many many many many obstacles that have come between them and making this game amazing...er.

And for Mike Z, who has more right than ANYONE to get angry about this, to tell us not to get mad at Konami... it is the kind of thing I don't get to see from other developers out there, and it makes me proud to be a Skullgirls fan(boy).

Keep fighting the fight, Lab Zero.

its not unlikely, this could just mean a month added to the wait time. but at least it means Lab Zero will now have a huge shackle removed from SG so that patches can come out so much easier. I'm not saying you cant get mad, but I'm not wrong in saying getting mad wont help anything.
I'm mad that it happened first and foremost. A quick resolution would be nice, but I can't really truly believe the Patch would be out mid-January until I see it out. We've gone through too much Patch shenanigans.

You aren't wrong in saying what you're saying, as far as I can prove. But that doesn't mean people are wrong for being upset. Just want to say that cause I have nothing else to say.

the fuck did mike say last night?! what the fuck did I say last night! stop being mad and wasting your energy getting mad! GODDAMMIT!
Also, you aren't allowed to dictate the way other people want to react to a situation. You can make suggestions, and reasons why your suggestion is valid, but you really aen't allowed to tell other people how to conduct themselves. You can't tell them how to spend their energy, their time, their money, their anything. It's up to everyone to decide themselves what to do with it.

I hate that Konami has done this but there's no point in have witchfits about it which won't make any of this better. There's also a bit of sadness to me about it because Konami has it's name on several of my favorite series and I hate seeing it as another hurdle that Lab Zero has to get over.

The best way for us to deal with misfortune is to keep our heads on and prove that we won't fall apart because of this. We've shown that we trust Lab Zero and that they will prevail.

I actually pity Konami because now they now lost the only good fighting game they have their label on so now they're back to Judgment... TMNT now this are out of their grasps.

Who the fuck are you, exactly? If I feel like getting mad at Konami, I will. My choice, not yours. =/

Having gone through the xbl patch shit from Vanilla to SDE, only to have SDE become outdated immediately, I feel really bad for the players still stuck on consoles. This is just going to make it even harder to play, and console is pretty much dead already.

I can't even....

My condolences to all the console players waiting for the updates.

Getting all mad at Konami probably isn't very constructive. My Facebook feed informed me this morning that today is the 34th anniversary of Star Trek: The Motion Picture, so lets all get mad at V'Ger instead.

Also, you aren't allowed to dictate the way other people want to react to a situation.
I'm your supplier of ginger ale So I probably can tell you how to feel.

So... would it be too bad to send some e-mails to Konami and ask WHY?!

That's some grimy shit to pull.

I don't think it's so much a matter of why (business decisions), but why they wouldn't at least inform Team SG about it up-front. Why did they have to hear about it second hand?

nononono, i'm not talking about Lzero sending the e-mail, i'm talking abot ME sending the e-mail.

if like... a thousand people send e-mails asking why, they will send some answer, and you can judge how honorable the company is by how they reply us

First Lords of Shadow and now this. Koonami, why are you even flirting at going near Capcom levels of bullshit. I can't believe my garbage laptop is the best way to play SG right now. The irony is just amazing.

You shouldn't personally attack Konami with e-mails or twitter mentions, that doesn't help.

But you CAN be properly angry at them. Not even for Skullgirls. Just for their really shitty business tactics about this. They tried to de-list the game SECRETLY. That's really fucking scummy and just plain asshole behavior. THAT'S what I'm most pissed about.

after claiming that Sony and then Autumn wouldn't let them, all three asked for the date to be moved and Konami has not responded since then.

Not exactly their smartest move.

(Also, my account seems to have been lost in the transition to Skullgirls.com. Had to remake it. Was that normal? I actually haven't been around since the forums moved from SkullHeart because the Skullgirls.com domain is blocked at work.)

(Also, my account seems to have been lost in the transition to Skullgirls.com. Had to remake it. Was that normal? I actually haven't been around since the forums moved from SkullHeart because the Skullgirls.com domain is blocked at work.)
Yeah, we lost absolutely everything in that move and the crash that happened shortly after. Good to see you back, though!

I guess there's no harm in asking, but I wouldn't expect a response. If people organized a campaign to send as many emails as possible, though, that wouldn't be much better than sending them abusive emails because neither would get read anyway.

Last edited:
Someone said this, to lazy to go back and quote it. This is Konami cutting ties. This is the fastest way for them to wipe their hands of this so everyone can move on. Doesn't make it less shitty the way they went about doing it. Not to mention what caused the parting of ways in the first place. This is only a minor setback. If we can keep this game going after the whole team was laid off, I doubt this is going to stop us. Long live Skullgirls.

Reactions: scrubbyscum999
Yeah, we lost absolutely everything in that move and the crash that happened shortly after. Good to see you back, though!

Oh well, not like I lost anything. Still had my avatar lying around. I reckon I'll be around more once Beowulf and Robo Fortune roll in.

I know I have not been keeping up with Skullgirls in a long while, but damn this just blows.

In the short term, console owners will be further screwed. Now I pretty much have little choice but to get this on Steam if I want to keep up. But then I'll need to get a new laptop just for gaming since the desktop I'm on right now won't cut it.

I've seen a number of questions on various forums/news articles/etc. where this is being discussed, so I'm compiling a list in the OP. If you see any questions that I've missed, please let me know so that we can get Mike or Peter to answer them all at once and hopefully save them some time and prevent them from being asked the same thing 10 times in a row.

Why do I still play on console I should just give up

This is another episode of Skullgirls. Right now it's Konami against the Lab Z fighters.

The entire rest of the universe is out to kill Skullgirls, and even though Lab Zero gets roughed up every time a new powerful enemy appears they always come back stronger. They will get through this, just like always. We just need to lend them some of our energy this time rather than try to take on Konami ourselves.

This is ridiculous and unfortunate, but we can all get through this together. Lab Zero has consistently survived the madness of being unjustly put through the wringer and come out better than before. While this setback is annoying, it will be another testament to how strong Mike Z and the team are. When all this crap is over everyone will look at the ups and downs and say "man, that Lab Zero sure is something!"

Greatness is forged through fire my friends, forged through fire.

1. I don't care how you tell me to respond vads.

FUCK.
KONAMI.

2. It seems like worst case scenario will be that you may or may not have to redownload the game in january?

MOD EDIT: MOD MAD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ChronoThanatos
This is because Squigly's free, isn't it? Konami believes if one game can offer free DLC, then the whole house of cards collapses, right?