• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Konami/Console Updates you will want to read

This is because Squigly's free, isn't it? Konami believes if one game can offer free DLC, then the whole house of cards collapses, right?

Well, the DLC for Metal Gear Rising (Jetstream Sam and Blade Wolf) is now free. (Even though it wasn't before).

Did that happen long after they were charging for it? I mean, either way, this is in reverse order, so there would have to be a difference.

Did that happen long after they were charging for it?
Metal Gear Rising (which is a great game, btw) came out on February 19 of this year. The Jetstream Sam and Blade Wolf DLCs came out on April 9th and May 9th respectively. They went free on PSN at the start of November.

Anyone want to do some console gathering for one last go?

Even if he was, he'd just come back with a cool eyepatch.
m87iaFh.png

So is the community looking for bugs in the beta build to help get the console patch in faster? (You know before QA goes on winter break) Because we're a fucking awesome community if that's happening.

EDIT: Oh we aren't okay.

Sucks for Lab Zero 'cause they probably gotta work more maybe.

No, we are. Thats the plan. But you gotta give these guys a minute to vent.
I'm gonna go see if I can call in the Wulfpack, though.

One unfortunate piece of news after another. Skullgirls may have taken some beatings before, but it get back on its feet given time. Let's keep fighting the good fight and support Lab Zero!

Who the fuck are you, exactly? If I feel like getting mad at Konami, I will. My choice, not yours. =/

Having gone through the xbl patch shit from Vanilla to SDE, only to have SDE become outdated immediately, I feel really bad for the players still stuck on consoles. This is just going to make it even harder to play, and console is pretty much dead already.
I was mostly kidding honestly. You are allowed to be mad but its not gonna help anybody.
and XBL has its own problems with its DLC shenanigans. Konami cant take all the blame on that one. PSN is super cool about free shit yo

I'm mad that it happened first and foremost. A quick resolution would be nice, but I can't really truly believe the Patch would be out mid-January until I see it out. We've gone through too much Patch shenanigans.

You aren't wrong in saying what you're saying, as far as I can prove. But that doesn't mean people are wrong for being upset. Just want to say that cause I have nothing else to say.

Also, you aren't allowed to dictate the way other people want to react to a situation. You can make suggestions, and reasons why your suggestion is valid, but you really aen't allowed to tell other people how to conduct themselves. You can't tell them how to spend their energy, their time, their money, their anything. It's up to everyone to decide themselves what to do with it.

I'm not saying they're wrong for being up[set. I'm a little upset over this, but, these things happen. I just think its best if we move on from the situation and help lab zero the best we can. you can be mad, but use that energy to help the game improve, not to wallow.

Last edited:
I'm a console player who bought the pc version (and I own a netbook) just so I can play it whenever I have the off chance of borrowing someone's laptop. This is the time to be upset.jpg

Skullgirls are undead abominations that just keep coming back, in some form or another, no matter how many times you kill them.

Getting all mad at Konami probably isn't very constructive. My Facebook feed informed me this morning that today is the 34th anniversary of Star Trek: The Motion Picture, so lets all get mad at V'Ger instead.
Seriously was V'Ger Borg or what? How the hell do you even mindmeld with a space probe? And what happened to all the foxy bald ladies?

I got up at 5AM to go to some meeting at the ass end of nowhere, finally got home at 9PM and log in to Skullheart for some shenanigans and hopefully good tidings only to stumble into this.

I don't even feel any anger at this point, after all we've been through it's just...
zNEw3re.gif

PS: I have no problem buying the game a second time, just tell me that I can buy it. Because, you know, "lol Europe".

I am mad, but I am also curious. We know that this was a business decision, but how does it benefit Konami to remove skullgirls? I am completely clueless because it seems purely malicious to me.

I am mad, but I am also curious. We know that this was a business decision, but how does it benefit Konami to remove skullgirls? I am completely clueless because it seems purely malicious to me.
In a way, removing the game from PSN/XBLA is the fastest way to remove the ties between Lab Zero and Konami. As Ravidrath said, this would've happened eventually during the process.

...now why they would do this without telling Lab Zero first is a whole other can of worms. As well as Konami's responses to Sony and Autumn. Sadly enough, this is pretty par for the course stuff concerning Konami. After all the nonsensical decisions they've made over the past several years, this isn't too surprising. Check out the Jimquisition on Konami that someone posted here if you're interested in learning a bit more about their shenanigans.

snips
I'm going to find the dragonballs and wish for things to be back to normal. Hey do you guys wanna join me?
no! dont wish for things to go back to normal. with this bads business management SG is a MASSIVE step closer to being able to do what they want with DLC. with every hardship this game gets, it then becomes even greater. The best we can do is continue to support SG.

they dont have the legal trouble headache that skullgirls is to them. they lose something that was costing them money, and SG goes to more lenient publishers. its a win-win.... just not handled very well.

I haven't seen this many users viewing a thread since the night Beowulf won. The cool thing is that I recognize almost every name at the bottom of this page, it makes me feel like the Skullgirls fandom is a really tightly knit community. Let's all use this closeness to support Lab Zero through the tough times ahead.

Last edited:
Meanwhile holy shit 77 guests.

Reactions: scrubbyscum999
Let's all just hope for the best, I feel after checking for issues and bugs that might be the best action unless told to otherwise no?