• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report Lab Zero Games (Finally) Receiving Cut of Skullgirls' Sales!

as some one who works around those affected by PTSD and seeing what it has done with them I do take offense, but lets not get onto this topic

8U6cw

I really want to know it. Why Konami pull SG?

It's too late. They have been checked. I am a mass of guilt.

I really want to know it. Why Konami pull SG?
because of a lawsuit involving autumn, Konami seperated from Autumn and its subsidiaries which caused SG to be pulled

The team thought they would be okay just putting the patches out normally after things resolved between the two companies...and Konami sort of made things difficult leading to the very noticeable delay for Big Band.

It was the absolute worst for both the team and the fans.

ahh the good old days of being 3 patches behind on Xbox

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. It was mostly the worst of times.

Reactions: Balder
How was it the best of times at all? It sucked!

It wasn't I just wanted to quote tale of two cities.

They haven't removed sg from the market entirely..and they kinda have made things faster rather than slower in terms of getting new content out. One of the big delays of big band was for instance, sony and microsoft getting leary of being sued because of the lawsuit and konami removing the game from the intertubes completely.

Yes MAQL is the best.

Here is a timeline of events:

Konami helps autumn release SG a year or two ago.

Then Konami and Autumn get into a lawsuit with a bank over loans and junk in regard to the videogame def jam rap star. This is when lab zero is about half done with squigley.

The original sg team dissolves after all money in the company is funneled towards the lawsuit

Team reforms as Lab Zero and with the blessing of autumn they undergo the indygogo campaign as they are making the game without any financial assistance from either konami or autumn (right after the evo breast cancer fund raiser).

With the help of Mavelous Lab Zero puts out a pc version and continually put out new updates including squigley and various other things.

Konami ignores the pile of emails from lab zero asking them to test stuff for consoles well into the development of big band..so for like maybe almost a year (some indygogo console people get mad).

Lab Zero cuts ties with Konami. Rereleases stuff sans Konami logos.

Konami pulls Skullgirls from the marketplace even though they get money from it...seemingly in an act of spite. So Skullgirls isn't a game on consoles for a while.

It is revealed by Mike that Konami's involvment in the game was solely to get grandfathered into xbox live arcade. (You need to be involved with a company with a history of working with microsoft to put out a traditional arcade title or have lots of money).

Due to Konami's legal dealings with autumn the testing of console skullgirls patches is constantly sent through bureaucratic circles..as both sony and microsoft are afraid of being sued. Also since the lab zero team isn't a big name dev with lots of money..getting updates proves to be low priority. This all went on well until after january.

Mavelous publishes and releases Skullgirls Encore..

Fukua patch comes out on consoles free of anything related to konami...no one is sued. Less people complain about things because we now have squigly and saxophone man.

Lab Zero makes deal with sony for ps4 and vita versions which additionally funds the pot at evo...Linux players get more irate than ever over delays.

Lab Zero reveal they get money now..as they had never actually got money from anything they did since getting laid off originally. This was halfway through the development of Eliza.

Also somewhere in here lab zero has to change all the red crosses to a lighter magenta..as their japanese publisher realizes that the american red cross is suing people and junk.

Ravi briefly discusses early access programs on ps4 and Xbox-one. Shake Soda goes on record saying that the linux and mac copies should shortly follow the ps4 and vita ones as they use similar coding.

Last edited:
Thank you so mucho for the information. I'm grateful with for for life.

To Mike_Z-sama: You.Are.My.Hero! Keep jammin'!

A pretty damn good timeline of unfortunate events

One thing: IIRC, Konami delisted Skullgirls from consoles because Lab Zero cut ties with Konami due to their inaction with testing console patches. Skullgirls had to be re-released as Skullgirls Encore to be relisted without any association with Konami.

One thing: IIRC, Konami delisted Skullgirls from consoles because Lab Zero cut ties with Konami due to their inaction with testing console patches. Skullgirls had to be re-released as Skullgirls Encore to be relisted without any association with Konami.

And fixed. Thank you kindly

I really hope they make enough money now so they can eventually work on other games. Have they said anything about the company's future after Skullgirls Encore?

I really hope they make enough money now so they can eventually work on other games. Have they said anything about the company's future after Skullgirls Encore?
Only that they are pitching games to other publishers at this time.

Only that they are pitching games to other publishers at this time.
Hope they get one. I wonder if it will be another fighting game?
Either case, I would fucking buy any Lab 0 game so hard.
Same here. I really hope they stick with 2D though. Skullgirls looks gorgeous.

just bought 3 steam copies off of greenman gaming in the hopes of passing them off to friends so they might play it.

how much would lab 0 get from my 14.99?

don't know if they even CAN answer that

Just know it'll probably be less than $14.99