• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report Lab Zero Games (Finally) Receiving Cut of Skullgirls' Sales!

if sg 2 comes out will you make sales on that or will Autumn pull the same bullshit and make money by doing nothing

if sg 2 comes out will you make sales on that or will Autumn pull the same bullshit and make money by doing nothing

Autumn didn't "pull any bullshit", they were caught in a costly lawsuit and had a lot of their funds frozen. They COULDN'T pay Lab Zero. The relationship between Autumn and Lab Zero is anything but a typical publisher/developer relationship, but with Lab Zero now receiving a cut of sales things are seemingly starting to normalize.

LOL you guys thinking L0 will get a portion of total sales on top of this. How fair do you idiots think this corrupt world is? Justice isn't served to you on a silver platter with a free drink. You have to hunt it like an animal to get what you deserve.
So how's the sixth grade coming along

Lord of mercy. Some of you guys think L0's gonna get back their total sales and all be living in mansions and I'm the immature one?
They're finally getting paid for their work, that's actually pretty rad.

It came off a touch melodramatic because you sound like batman. Just say normal stuff.

Don't be batman.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
Lord of mercy. Some of you guys think L0's gonna get back their total sales and all be living in mansions and I'm the immature one?
Well, you could have not put it in the non ducheist way possible.

Like: I know this is a good thing but, I'm sure something bad WILL happen sooner or later on.

i actually would like to see a new game from labzero, that has nothing to do with fighitng games or skullgirls, another 2d game would be awesome.

Reactions: Woofly
Indy beat em' ups do seem popular right now coincidentally.

Side scrolling beat 'em up could be fun, also, it would give us a chance to see all sorts of awesome designs from Alex and it wouldn't take as long to make each character. Of course in general making a game isn't a cakewalk, but I'm rambling.

I'd play the fuck out of that.
(totally unbiased as well)

Well like, I remember vague comments by both Mike and Alex about it in the past.

So idk maybe maybe not we'll see how things go? I think that's how lab zero is taking this news as a whole. We should probably follow suit.

Optimism goes a long way but it needs to be tempered by realism as well.

Well, The FAQ did say that Skullgirls is going to have a 2+ year run after everything is done with it before they make something....

Special

(ANNIE GAME CONFIRMED, GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE @DDB !)

The end of the dark times is among us guys,lets celebrate!

NvkwpBY.png

pull up

abort

do not engage

question why did lb choose them as a publisher with a deal like that
Relinquishing you IP to the publisher is SOP in the game industry. You just need to make sure you're careful with who you give that IP to. I may be wrong here, but from what I believe I've heard, Autumn has been very good to the Lab Zero crew and most of this money stuff was caused by the litigation that Autumn got stuck in after some funding fiasco with Konami and Autumn against the banks they pulled money from? (Could be totally off there) But anywho, I think Autumn actually ended up counter suing and the whole thing, causing a freeze in assets and cost a boat load. I'm gonna take this news as a sign that the lawsuits have been settled and Autumn was not sued into bankruptcy?

Reactions: Armageddon11
They won the suit and junk.

Praise the fucking sun!!! \o/

Stop being a jackass, thanks!

Autumn didn't "pull any bullshit", they were caught in a costly lawsuit and had a lot of their funds frozen. They COULDN'T pay Lab Zero. The relationship between Autumn and Lab Zero is anything but a typical publisher/developer relationship, but with Lab Zero now receiving a cut of sales things are seemingly starting to normalize.
ok sorry didnt know konami was the problem

Never noticed the "2 weeks" release date at the bottom until now, you got me laughing at 4:00 am. Someone's probably pissed right now.

Oh god baby kinuko, *snort*. Ahahahaaha

Never noticed the "2 weeks" release date at the bottom until now, you got me laughing at 4:00 am. Someone's probably pissed right now.

The original date on the poster was the date that Skullgirls got delisted from PSN, which is even better (worse?)

Reactions: Horseman
And the cross wasn't there before either.
What a terrifying collage...

I wonder if the devs get a touch of "what happens now" whenever they look at that picture.

Last edited:
Reactions: CapnWTF
It was a real shame that it took so long for them to get this, but they truly deserve it. Not just for the incredible work and effort that is put into a game of such quality, but also for the fact that very few game companies give so much to the community. Kudos!

Congratulations, LZ. You guys are the best.

I wonder if the devs get a touch of ptsd whenever they look at that picture.
PTSD isnt a joke, please dont talk about it as it is such

I fixed it..but I truly never will understand bleeding hearts, plurality, and the internet. I mean like yeah, they obviously haven't been to war and aren't dealing with any type of damaging psychological desire stemming from random and or directed stimulus.

But with the amount of things that have gone wrong, I wouldn't think joke posts like that make the team feel particularly good. Everything in the world has happened to this team over and over again. I'd imagine everyone mentioning the bad in a thread centered around good news isn't a good thing either. So ptsd was the most fitting metaphor I could come up with at the time, as a person who has dealt with trauma mental illness and ptsd myself. Constantly feeling like things could go wrong or feeling like something might trigger things.

Clearly I need to check my privilege for making fun of something I personally have.

And I'll leave it at that. PM me if you are that bothered by anything that I said.

Last edited:
PTSD isnt a joke, please dont talk about it as it is such
Honestly, I doubt anyone was offended. If so sorry, but no one should be checking their privilege over a comment made on an Internet forum.