• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report Lab Zero Games (Finally) Receiving Cut of Skullgirls' Sales!

In which case it would be 2 characters. :PUN:

Seriously, though, don't get your hopes up. More likely they get money from this and move on to a different project from here on out.

Reactions: Arcana
Reached 5.10 Millions of dollars, of course this doesn't mean all the money goes to one company but imagine only 600k for Lab Zero, that is 3 characters.
Except it is not

If they don't keep working at a pay cut...
That's still a pretty sum of money, but I don't think we should expect them to put the money they earned all back in to making more characters really. They got things to buy ya know.

LPdOQKe.png

Fantastic news.

Hopefully things just go uphill from here and nothing else bad happens.

Wait, does this include all copies of Encore from before, or just any copies sold after this point on?
Unfortunately, I'm assuming the latter. If it's the former then this is way better news then I imagined.

Last edited:
dudleystance.gif

It's okay everybody, 3rd strike was only "T for teen."

OHMYGODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

That is great. For once I see something other than boobs jiggle. (That was not as pervy as it sounded, seriously)

Whoa! Great news! Keep the coals running hot and keep this steam train of fortune rollin' forwards!

You know what this means!!!!!!!!!!!!

80's INSPIRATIONAL ANNIME MUSIC THATS ACTULLY JUST MUSIC FROM HNK!!!!!!!!!!!

This is very good news. I'm really glad this finally happened.

So wait wait.

Does that mean that all the money SG has made 'till now is also going to them, was it on hold?

Or only all sales after something during and after this announcement was made?

That's a pretty big difference in money.

So wait wait.

Does that mean that all the money SG has made 'till now is also going to them, was it on hold?

That's a pretty big difference in money.
I'm just as curious.

Congrats Lab Zero! finally :)

Wow, we've been getting a lot of good news lately. I'm getting really nervous now. Waiting for the universe to give us one of those "Oh, you're having a streak of good fortune? It'd be a shame if..." moments.

Karma don't work like that booboo, trust me after all this bad then it's just going to be good for a while then neutral lol

Reactions: Φ
Congrats. Not sure what kind of a regular income people were making before this (if any), but I'm glad to hear it. Hope the team I'm with has a similar breakthrough soon as well.

9943780_96416_12476452_168922b5567b9f44a38cd45f.gif

Wow that was a surprising turn of events. Gonna try to see if my gaming group can help push put referrals for this game on Steam which we haven't done since the IGG campaign days. Also even if this only applies to copies sold from this point forward at least the upcoming Vita/PS4 release would now benefit Lab 0 directly now.

So wait wait.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO WAY.
This. And it's only a percentage of each sale, but that's infinitely more than nothing.
Congrats. Not sure what kind of a regular income people were making before this (if any), but I'm glad to hear it. Hope the team I'm with has a similar breakthrough soon as well.
Besides the IGG money and 86d shirts, our other income from any other SG-related purchases was zero since day 1.

Well damn, time to buy this game again tomorrow on Jap psn or steam, I don't mind dropping 15 bucks again to help solid people.

Reactions: Denizen
Besides the IGG money and 86d shirts, our other income from any other SG-related purchases was zero since day 1.
Wait, so this'll be the first time you guys will get paid from copies sold?

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't developers who don't own the IP usually get paid a salary while the publisher gets money from sales? In this case Autumn didn't make an agreement to pay L0 since their salary was from IGG.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't developers who don't own the IP usually get paid a salary while the publisher gets money from sales? In this case Autumn didn't make an agreement to pay L0 since their salary was from IGG.
It can be different in each case, but in general developers get royalties, otherwise why would you agree to make the game? The backend money is where all the profit is. (Pandemic made money on Battlefront sales even though LucasArts owned the IP, etc.)
Autumn didn't make an agreement to pay us because they couldn't, which is WHY we had the IGG.

Wait, so this'll be the first time you guys will get paid from copies sold?
Yep.

Autumn Games owns the IP

so lets say skullgirls 2 comes out and you self publish will you get the money or will autaum still get everything

i read somewhere a direct sequel is seperate from the first title am i wrong

you cats deserve your fair share! Cheers! I'm really stoked to read this!

so lets say skullgirls 2 comes out and you self publish will you get the money or will autaum still get everything

i read somewhere a direct sequel is seperate from the first title am i wrong
Autumn owns the IP which means anything Skullgirls.

And this might be over the line but is some being saved for future LZG projects? Or is it all going to the bills?

Reactions: loonieboy9697
Never before have I been happier to hear of a company being paid money. Took long enough, and couldn't happen to a more passionate and deserving crew.

Dying

Dead

3 words: Steam Early Access

This is coming from someone who is tired of that whole thing, but it could really work for Skullgirls utilising the endless beta model. I'm sure there's alot of complications behind the scenes but DON'T RUIN THIS FOR ME I HAVE DREAMS!