• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report MADCATZ To Stream Skullgirls From EVO 2014

Kai

Go Home And Be A Family Man!
Reaction score
Website
www.killallinstinct.com
Steam
Kai
PSN
Night_Phyre
Parasoul Cerebella Big Band
evobanner.png

Less than a week away from EVO 2014, and a surprise comes in the form of a Top 8 stream for the Skullgirls side tournament! Instead of a misshapen, weird-feeling controller that only gets used when a friend comes over, MADCATZ has instead gifted us a super awesome Saturday stream! There's not much else to say, folks, but be sure to click on the tweet below and reply with your thanks!

Thanks I really waiting for this XD

Just to be sure, but those times are in PST, right?

[Hype Intensifies]

maaaan tekken takes soooo long with everyone switching controllers after every match.

In the chat right now: Skullgirls fans being kiddos and Tekken fans being meanies

Reactions: Denizen
I mean... I don't want to watch a game with 3000 OTGs in a combo and unpunishable tags

Reactions: WrestlerGuile
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ skullgirls or RIOTヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

How many rounds do you have to win to take a game of Tekken? It's like 6 to 8, right now.

I got banned for who knows what.

So is tekken going into the skulgrils tourney itself or are they waiting for tekken to finish before skullgrillz starts?

I got banned for who knows what.
Chat couldn't handle your Annie mania!

But seriously it's cus you did all caps.

I came to Mad Catz stream at 4:15 PM. *Sees TTT2 Crew Battle* Ok, I guess it's just running a little late; no biggie. I'll just go take a long shower to ensure that SG will be on the stream when I get back. *Comes back at 4:52 PM and still sees TTT2 on the stream* ........................<____<

Reactions: JetpackX
Out of curiosity, why in the world is this 3 out of 5 per point to thirteen?

That seems kind of absurdly long and boring without a change-up or three, no matter what fighting game you're hyped for.

yea this tekken is fucking insanely lame. why first to 13?

please wrap this up quickly. christ.

also is it top 16, 8 or 4?

guy on the stream said top 8-4. if its 4 im gonna be totally pissed.
skullgirls is gonna get way less stream time mainly for the fact that all this controller switching BS is taking up most of the time.

I don't know anything about Tekken, why are sets FT13? I thought KOF13 lasted forever.

So this Tekken thing is a ft13 exhibition delays Skullgirls for over an hour, and people who aren't there for Skullgirls get mad at people for getting angry about that. I think some people should check their privileges.

i didn't hate tekken before but this just might make me start

and don't worry, i haven't been contributing to the cancer in twitch chat

edit: nvm just saw Persona's post, it's not tekken's fault it's madcatz i guess.

I'm the cure for the cancer.

TTT2 has Pools and Semifinals streamed on srkevo2, Finals on Main Stream, needs to take up another 2 hours on an exhibition stream for some shit Team Tournament with the stupidest format (FT13?????????) and now they run 1.5h+ overtime and cut out the SG streamtime, rather than just saying "Okay, we finish this tournament offstream, sorry for horribly misjudging the estimate".

Classy.

While I have no qualms with Tekken, this is bullshit.

I have to be somewhere later and I'm gonna be pissed if I miss Skullgirls.

Reactions: agent13
Do we still shower praise on Madcatz for strim render? Kappa

Nah but seriously, this is silly. I guess we just need to keep a stiff upper lip and keep trying to get more people to play. Take us more seriously then?

*Tweets*
Wait! It's not gonna be next? I've been sitting through these boring ass fights (I do like Tekken, I just don't like these character picks), and occasionally losing a IQ point because I accidentally glanced the chat for nothing?!
7e3.gif

To add insult to the injury, on the subject of SG, the announcer was all like "anime stuff", "Persona coming next"...
Skullgirls is the Rodney Dangerfield of fighting games. Oy vey!

Man, this game is truly cursed. Did Lab Zero develop this game over an Indian Burial Ground?

Reactions: Kankato
seriously we are only getting top 4?

what a fucking crock of shit. fucking cunts. they should be cutting tekken stream time not the other way around.

You see, if Annie had been the winner, we wouldn't have had to deal with all this.

Skullgirls Curse.

Yep, based MADCATZ indeed. I can understand if it's a legit tournament but it's freaking exhibition match.