• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fukua Make Fukua a Canon Character?

If Fukua did become canon, what should she be?

• Total voters

Coco

Reaction score
Fukua Peacock Robo Fortune
Can we make Fukua canon and her slot visible?

Ok, I'm going to say these things. There are many (including me) that want Fukua to be canon, and now with Robo-Fortune added to the roster (Yay!), there are now many who want her slot visible. Like I said before, she has potential in the SG universe.

Pretty please with sugar on top?

And its a nod to marvel games where you had to do a specific pattern to access an invisible spot where characters who were clones such as shadow lady roll and red venom were located

After Annie.

Make Fukua canon and her slot visible?

Ok, I'm going to say these things. There are many (including me) that want Fukua to be canon, and now with Robo-Fortune added to the roster (Yay!), there are now many who want her slot visible. Like I said before, she has potential in the SG universe.

Pretty please with sugar on top?

Fukua will be becoming visible, I asked render at playstation experience about it.

I wouldn't mind her character slot being visible... if only because the character select screen will otherwise be forever asymmetrical if no characters are made after Robo-Fortune.

OCD, man.

Fukua will be becoming visible, I asked render at playstation experience about it.

Nifty!

That's wonderful! :PUN:

Edit: Someone changed the title?

Ok.

Last edited:
I thought it would be nice to fight Fukua in someone's story mode for once.

But I thought the whole point of fukua was that she wasn't cannon.

Well, I'd like it if she was. She kicks butt like the rest, and someone said she has potential to be scarier than Eliza or Double.

Maybe Fukua can be an Evil Ryu type of 'canon'? "Sleepwalking Filia" or something like that where, due to a quirk of the bonding process and eating too many hats, Filia walks around at night and gets into fights. The fireballs are, in fact, digested hat.

The only time I'll except Fukua becoming canon is when she comes in a minivan, with a big "C8non Crew" sign on the front of it, driven by Robo-Fortune, with both of them wearing sunglasses, while the minivan does the lowrider thing where it bounces up and down, while George the bomb is dragging from the back, where's she ejected from the top of the van onto the stage to start fighting.

Just kidding. Isn't Fukua in a way already canon? The story seemed to imply that she's just a figment of Filia's imagination or something like that.

But I do admit having her as a special mini-boss could be fun. Like that Q one from Street Fighter?

Reactions: Jimbob and The Dave
Well, her ending is kinda hard to understand.

But Alex at least knows about Fukua right?

Heh maybe Filia is having a mental hurdle to conquer and it's Fukua, so iono like maybe every now and then she kinda mentally has to keep fighting her. So technically she could be canon but only for Filia in the mind?
Iono just throwing ideas out there...
Also I guess I wouldn't mind her icon becoming visible, but if they reference mvc1 I kinda like the idea of her icon still being invisible and right next to Filia on the outside of the normal box ^^

Could Fukua be like this representation of Filia's personality before amnesia or something, but pushed to the extreme? I mean I remember pre-amnesia Filia being described as kinda bratty and spoiled, and wasn't one of Fukua's custom animations her checking her nails instead of paying attention to the fight?

To be honest we could just make the excuse that Aeon sometimes gets bored and feels like letting Fukua or R. Fortune out for a rampage. Kinda canon, but not really.

Last edited:
Is there such thing as a canon joke character?

Is there such thing as a canon joke character?
ms.fortune

Dan in Street Fighter is a completely legit joke character
Thanks. I was wondering if it was possible.

Are we limiting that question only to fighting games? Because from other media, characters like Q (Star Trek), or Mr. Mxyzptlk (Superman) quickly come to mind. If a sensible canon can be wrapped around oddballs like those, then I think the same could definitely be done for Fukua.

Alex is the last word on this, so unless he has put his foot down on the subject, I'd say everything about Fukua is still up in the air right now.

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
I'll do you one better.

ognrkud.jpg

Q...

Q is fucking hilarious.
tumblr_mnplrjTJUR1s67vyfo1_250.gif
tumblr_mnplrjTJUR1s67vyfo2_250.gif
tumblr_mnplrjTJUR1s67vyfo3_250.gif
tumblr_mnplrjTJUR1s67vyfo4_250.gif

But yeah, we'll see what happens with Fukua in due time. It'd be a shame not to let her into the canon.

It'd be a shame not to let her into the canon.
Right. I want to be able to fight her in Robo-Fortune's story. Brain Drain could have her test her abilities.

Last edited:
I am also under the impression that Fukua is indeed canon in the Skullgirls universe, as in she somehow exists. What's not canon about her is that Alex doesn't seem to have created a canon reasoning for her existence and seems perfectly happy for it to remain that way. Sometimes some things are just better left unexplained.

I am also under the impression that Fukua is indeed canon in the Skullgirls universe, as in she somehow exists. What's not canon about her is that Alex doesn't seem to have created a canon reasoning for her existence and seems perfectly happy for it to remain that way. Sometimes some things are just better left unexplained.

Wait, so Fukua hangs out with Tom Bombadil?

Someone somewhere is furiously penning the first Skullgirls/LOTR slashfic.
Like it doesn't already exist.

Reactions: The Dave
Someone somewhere is furiously penning the first Skullgirls/LOTR slashfic.
I'd pay hard-earned money to read that.

I'm completely up for her being cannon. I really, really dislike characters in games being playable but uncanon at the same time.
I don't really find the fact she's a joke character that important. But, of course, I understand if they were to make her canon they'd need to give her a reason to exist. I'd understand why they wouldn't bother.
She's already got a visible character select icon in the Beta. At least it's symmetrical. I'm not sure if it's been like that before but here's hoping it stays that way.

If game devs can manage to get Freddy Krueger and Kratos in Mortal Kombat 9 or connect both the Half-Life and Portal series while keeping it canon, then fitting a character like Fukua in the SG Canon shouldn't pose too much of a problem.

Maybe during R. Fortune's story mode, Brain Drain kidnaps Filia and Samson and uses their DNA, as well as the two souls mentioned in Fukua's description to create Fukua. Upon her defeat, she joins up with R. Fortune to find the Skullheart.

Except the two souls in Fukua are really early builds of Filia.

Do you think if Fukua was made canon, her story would have more dialogue and her ending would be in the standard art style?

In my own headcanon I had Brain Drain use his psychic powers at some point to draw out Filia's deepest, darkest emotions and manifest them as the Futakuchi-Onna by binding them to the souls of other warriors. All in the name of creating better versions of the original.

The Futakuchi-Onna represent pride, greed, wrath, gluttony, lust, envy. (He didn't want to make Sloth. Sloth is useless.)

Fukua happens to be lust.

...And I've been satisfied with that even if it's not official canon.