• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Make your character broken with the least significant change(s) possible.

Midiman

designer @ Future Club
Future Club
Reaction score
Cerebella Eliza
The inverse of "Make your character stupid because you have no idea how the game works" thread(s). Because we seriously have enough of those.

Squigly:
  • st.f+HP now has 15f startup, 6f active, 5f recovery
  • cr.LP now has 5f hitstop per hit
Big Band:
  • j.HK now causes stagger vs grounded opponents.
I'm sure these are some weak examples but the point is to find something key and make it gross.

Have at it.

Edit: Generally, you win more brownie points if you have less items you have to change. Challenge yaself.

Last edited:
Painwheel fully charged hp stinger comes out in 15 frames (lol)
Painwheel fully charged hp and mp stinger useable as assists.
Painwheel flight reduced to 10 frames grounded 5 frames air
All stingers to have 15 frames less startup
Gets back her lvl 1pinion dash on point
J.mp sped up by 7 frames
J.hk doesn't lose momentum when jumping or flying forward
Flight no longer has height restrictions
Armor startup minus 15 frames on heavy, 10 frames on mediums, 5 frames on weaks.
Air lk buer doesn't throw opponent fullscreen.
Tagin no longer techable.
Ground hk buer air unblockable.

Choose 1.

Last edited:
Peacock can triple bomb cancel =p

But in all seriousness I like the idea of her c.mk having 10 frame startup instead of 16

Reactions: Dime
Peacock's j.MK hits low

Peacock's j.MK hits low
I was going to say that but I wasn't sure if that fell under "least significant change". Still a fun thought though, she needs better lows imo.

For the sake of clearing it up, something like Peacock's j.MK hits low is insignificant in the sense that it's something you feel like you can handle at first, but it has incredible underlying gameplay changes.

Perhaps, then, the challenge is a change made that that seems insignificant at first, but can truly change the dynamics of the character or matchup.

For the sake of clearing it up, something like Peacock's j.MK hits low is insignificant in the sense that it's something you feel like you can handle at first, but it has incredible underlying gameplay changes.

Perhaps, then, the challenge is a change made that that seems insignificant at first, but can truly change the dynamics of the character or matchup.
I suppose you have a point, just if I heard that change was coming I personally would deem it very significant, but maybe that is because I've wanted that detail since the beginning =p

All characters can combo off of sweep...

Squigly cr.HK recovery is now 5f
Squigly Silver Chord hitbox height increased to ~56px;

< : ^ O

You can combo into Cerebella's command grabs (not just the anti-air one)

You can already do that..
wut? Is that a recent change?

How is that going to make her broken?

Perhaps not broken but it will make her better. Pinion dash plus hk hairball is amazing and pinion dash to crossup incoming characters with an assist is also amazing, and she can't do it nearly so well (or easy to time) with just a dash.

And finally pinion dash plus hairball makes her near impossible to pushblock out and gives her a very good half screen away dash attack from the ground that can be made safe with hairball.

If you have console try it out on there:

d,d + lk+mp

And cr.lk,cr.mk, dd+lk+mp
Easy mode UNPUSHBLOCKABLE pressure (as long as they don't pushblock the cr.lk) and doubles as a hitconfirm on hit (dash j.mp into full combo after the pinion recovers) and on block allows painwheel to go for mixups from hairball lockdown.

The lockdown mixups aren't the best cause of autoguard... But they are better than nothing.

This is a hitconfirm that allows second chances on block and can't rightly be pushblocked... Extremely strong.

No, you can combo into s.MP staggering and then cancel that into any of her command grabs, which will connect. That was always possible.
Oh, I should have clarified besides s.MP but I guess that having more options to combo into command grabs won't really make her broken.

Cerebella can choose Pummel Horse as an assist (APPARENTLY)

Give Peacock armor

Last edited:
Gregor Samson goes through projectiles

Tricobezoar costs 1 bar

Cerebella can choose Pummel Horse as an assist (APPARENTLY)
Other APPARENTLY changes:

Filia can airball cancel more than once.
Gregor invulnerability lasts longer than 1f after the flash (possibly even as long as the first active frame!).
Updo only does 1 hit on point.
Air Gregor gets hitstop.
Air Gregor doesn't have additional recovery upon landing.

Actual contribution:

Ultimate Showstopper is always 0f post-flash.

This is actually a really cool thread discussion; my complements to Midiman. :)

OT: Valentine:
+Savage Bypass is safe on block (whether by faster recovery time or increased block-stun)
+Acquisitive Prescription and Counter Venom (the counter-super) cost 1 meter
+Savage Bypass has projectile invincibility

The first or last of those three would probably be enough on their own to make her broken.

forget unblockables

blocking is removed from the game

single change, makes everyone broken

Annie: In the game

Reactions: ACreationist
Fortune is 1.5 times faster in fact everything she does is 1.5 times faster.

Reactions: scrubbyscum999
Bella's reflector scales normally.
whiff super -> dhc into 360 grab is inescapable.

Can move in air during grab bag like a parachute. (Circus performer should do circus-like stuff.still a useless move unless recovery is shortened or cancelable into elbow drop or something. fun idea tho)

Reactions: Broseidon Rex