• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[May 22, 2015] Combo Breaker 2015 (Rosemont, IL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big ol' list of results and primary teams for top 16:
1. cR SonicFox [Fukua/Eliza]

2. dekillsage [Fukua/Cerebella]

3. Swiftfox-Dash [Peacock/Cerebella]

4. WingZero [Filia/Parasoul]

5. Elda Taluda [Painwheel/Ms. Fortune/Cerebella]
5. cloudking [Valentine/Filia/Double]

7. Skarmand [Parasoul/Fukua]
7. Duckator [Valentine/Filia/Double]

9. worldjem [Peacock/Filia/Fukua]
9. fenster [Parasoul]
9. Fuzzy_Snugs [Squigly/Eliza]
9. Winnie [Filia/Double]

13. keninblack [Parasoul/Double]
13. drewski [Big Band/Cerebella]
13. LazyDiablos [Ms. Fortune/Eliza/Cerebella]
13. IGL NCV [Painwheel/Parasoul]

Congratulations to SonicFox for winning Combo Breaker!

Should be accurate, if it's not yell at me to fix things.

I was definitely yelling out of my mind in the call I was in while the streams were up today/during pools yesterday, good job bringing the hype to Chicago guys!

Good job wing you did well
Nah don't you follow Twitter it was all luck and he should hold that and he is a dick
-- Seriously though, good shit Wing.

In general, Congrats Sonicfox for becoming the new King of Skullgirls!

And thanks to everyone who showed up <3
Matches were a barrel of fun to watch, this was a pretty good showing - the netdeath notwithstanding
Duck vs Sage was SO MUCH FUN!! Good Job Everybody
Keep on trucking/

Last edited:
Somebody link the tweet that said Wing was a bad player? I'm having difficulty finding it.

Reactions: Uzumakihero
well. i'm going to sleep now. everything has been a train wreck. also someone tell me if Salty Sats. is still happening

any archives on top 8? just got home

and to any skullheart mod, the link for top 8 for team spooky is spelled wrong and links to wrong stream

At the airport to leave CB now, gotta bail early for my sis's grad ceremony. Event was absolutely sick though. Glad I chose this for my first major. If nothing else, this is a definite for me next year.

Reactions: Kstacks
Good stuff everyone! ^w^
Also... Fortune S.HK assist! >w<

Last edited:
Did yall see Sage's Beo in Winner Finals?

Also this venue is amazing.
Everything is amazing.

Did yall see Sage's Beo in Winner Finals?

Nope. The stream went down and essentially stayed down the moment he picked Beowulf (9:04 PM). About a third (30-some minutes) of Top 8 managed to be broadcast.

For what i got to watch of it.... was really good. Congratulations @SonicFox5000 for taking 1st place. Also @WingZero Filia was leaving bodies everywhere. I enjoyed myself. Shoutouts to Honzo Gonzo for calling out skeletons in chat! Thanks for letting me enjoy stuff!

Reactions: WingZero
Ay I missed pizza thursday, who wants to get some tonight?

Some pictures my wife took
IMG_20150522_215145.jpg
IMG_20150522_221025.jpg
IMG_20150522_224433.jpg
IMG_20150522_221408.jpg
IMG_20150522_221253.jpg
IMG_20150524_000107.jpg
IMG_20150524_000035.jpg
IMG_20150523_215238.jpg

the worst part about Combo Breaker this year was the MKX brackets for me. I was in G3 and played my first match. Lost 2-0. No big deal. THEY SKIPPED ME IN LOSERS. we got like 90% thru G3 before I spoke up, noticing ppl going twice. the guy running G3 brackets kinda just shrugs at me and says "I have you down as losing to this guy." I argued with him for like 5 minutes before giving up. I didn't want to ruin anyone else's experience so I didn't fight it, but I still feel cheated out of my 2 games, even if I was going to lose.

the worst part about Combo Breaker this year was the MKX brackets for me. I was in G3 and played my first match. Lost 2-0. No big deal. THEY SKIPPED ME IN LOSERS. we got like 90% thru G3 before I spoke up, noticing ppl going twice. the guy running G3 brackets kinda just shrugs at me and says "I have you down as losing to this guy." I argued with him for like 5 minutes before giving up. I didn't want to ruin anyone else's experience so I didn't fight it, but I still feel cheated out of my 2 games, even if I was going to lose.
That's not great, and seems like something @thehadou would want to at least hear about.

I didn't bring it up to any higher management cause I didn't want to cause any trouble for anyone who'd already played their matches at that point and I didn't know who to talk to about it :(

Can someone give me that super smooth theme during the 3v3? I dunno what team it was but it was the smoothest track I've heard.

The MF Doom track?
I actually don't remember which song it was.

Yep that was it thanks a lot!

Fuck United Airlines. I dont have a seat on my plane now.

This weekend was amazing, shout outs to everyone who came through. You made this tourney the best I've ever been to.

Just got home, had an awesome weekend, but unfortunately not without a little bit of a hitch.

I walk in to hook back up my monitor that I brought with me to combo breaker, and I am welcomed by this:

D8vAAZd.jpg

Fuck baggage handlers sometimes. Off to correct this atrocity right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.