• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[May 22, 2015] Combo Breaker 2015 (Rosemont, IL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're always mad its expected.

Its like me saying i'm not flaccid, like yeah and Peacock has amazing damage, and the grass is green.

Was looking for an analogy along the lines of "when are you NOT mad at us Mike" and this one did beautifully. Thank you.

Man this is why I love this community, you're all crazy. Also glad to see I have to potential of flying in and getting eliminated all on the same day! Sweet gives me the whole weekend to just hang out.

Rooting for all of Brazil to be in Top 8 and you will hear Brazillian intro songs all night.

Reactions: Mwisk
@thehadou
What will the arcade cabinet setup be like?
Please tell me it has 8 buttons and a ball top. I need my macros.

Please tell me it is hitbox layout and the punches and kicks are swapped.
srs my set up

@thehadou
What will the arcade cabinet setup be like?
Please tell me it has 8 buttons and a ball top. I need my macros.
Oh my god please tell me it is six buttons, the SG and SF4 communities will cry so hard and I will laugh...
(I know of course it's not.)

Song selections, godlike timeslot, closing top-8 after the real dead game, SNS, arcade cabinet (I'd love a six button). All this hype might be dangerous for the planet. o_O'

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Dude those buttons are meant for pushing pls set them
Sometimes I use them to time Timpani on incoming. Wait until the portrait changes to Big Band, hit a dead button 6 times, Timpani. Works pretty consistently.

Dude you gotta use the press buttons that do nothing to make my opponent think I'm mashing tech

Are you implying that Negus will go on a murderous rampage again like at Winter Brawl?

Reactions: Kstacks
Sometimes I use them to time Timpani on incoming. Wait until the portrait changes to Big Band, hit a dead button 6 times, Timpani. Works pretty consistently.

I'm a huge fan of dead buttons in Ultra Street Fighter 4, also known as "did I crouch tech or did I NOT crouch tech" the video game.

You're playing SF4 wrong, I just set 3 different fierce punches

Reactions: Waasiq
Main Stage "arcade cab" is a Recroom Masters Cabinet, for our purposes its "control shelf" is empty so players can use their own sticks. I love the idea, in principle, of setting controls for everyone in the venue - but I don't actually believe thats a fair or acceptable practice in 2015.

Full conversation moment, if you are attending Combo Breaker please respond.

I put Skullgirls headlining Saturday night under the belief that closing out Saturday with SG on the Main Stage, and the venue at its traditionally fullest/loudest, was the best chance representation wise for casual eyeballs and West Coast stream viewers. I did this with a couple voices agreeing with me on it being a solid time slot. I've talked to a few people in the past day where being on Saturday night is heavily viewed as a negative though.

So, would attending players rather be waking up on Sunday morning to compete? I'm worried over how that works with Saturday Night Salt likely going late, but I'm thinking about it a lot today.

This is not an inquiry saying anything is changing. I just want to talk to the community here (Since you all actually engage conversations).

Thanks everybody.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flotilla and Kai
I prefer the prime time slot on saturday, but if ya need to flip things to sunday to make scheduling easier, i'll wake my ass up in the morning

Definitely would prefer Saturday night for the SG finals, myself, but if there was a conflict I think we would be understanding if we needed to switch (since you guys have been so nice and encouraging to us so far).

Saturday night is 10000000% better, especially if top 16 is happening earlier in the day. I'm no top player but in the times I've made a top 8 and it's on Sunday I hate that I have to rev up right away, usually right after waking up. I'd much rather have everyone involved be ready and alert, as well as warmed up from playing in pools and semis earlier.

I would also say primetime since it leaves sunday open for casual shananigans. SNS being after tournament means everyone can relax more, while a sunday tournament would still be stressing people during SNS.

Saturday night>>>>>Sunday morning sooooooo free.

I was really thankful that we got this slot on the first go around. Hope it sticks <3

I'm totally cool with having top 8 happen Saturday night.

Saturday night pls and thank you

Saturday Night Live is my vote as well

Saturday night is when we fight.
To behold this sight as we test our might.
Let no one ignore our plight
as we spread glorious hype
throughout the night.

Thank you.

Saturday Night >>> Sunday Morning
Please and thanks.

There's about an hour break between top 8 and SNS aka there's time for SG players to get food and then bring me beer

Reactions: Kai
Saturday Night >>>>>> Sunday Morning

I love you and whoever said yes to this.

Mike has to sign something to promise not to sandbag for SNS if he plays.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Status
Not open for further replies.